What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
P

Pascoe will not be a problem.Sheens runs the show.the tigers would be a good fit for him.there junior sides are doing well .there academy is close to being finished .And a 5 year contract is not going to be offered by any other club

The club itself seems almost dysfuctional at times. The board and Pascie are Sheens's employers. That is the problem.

The club struggles with it's identity about who they are, where they play, To an extent I think Sheens are the board are using 'buzz words' to make it sound better.

I know that Cameron will eventually leave. I think that the job at W/T is probably not the job for a rookie coach. No matter how much money is thrown at him.

Time will tell.

age.s

First Grade
5 year deal at the Tigers means nothing anyway
I think it does. Doesn't mean he's guaranteed to last 5 years, but sacking a coach early into a deal like that is expensive. It suggests they recognize that the ship won't be turned around overnight and believe in him enough to give him significant time to turn things around.

I think it's well worth the risk for them. Ultimately there are similarities between our clubs and they're likely hoping the Ciraldo has seen enough of what has worked here to be able to implement it there.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I think it does. Doesn't mean he's guaranteed to last 5 years, but sacking a coach early into a deal like that is expensive. It suggests they recognize that the ship won't be turned around overnight and believe in him enough to give him significant time to turn things around.

I think it's well worth the risk for them. Ultimately there are similarities between our clubs and they're likely hoping the Ciraldo has seen enough of what has worked here to be able to implement it there.

Is it a desperate measure to ward off the dogs.......and Gus

martielang

Bench

He should be taking their hand off imo.

The Realist

Juniors
I can't but help think that long term we are losing the wrong coach in Ciraldo.

I think he has been instrumental in our turn to becoming a top tier club. Imagine having him for 'life' the way the Storm have had Bellamy or Brisbane had Bennett for so long?

I appreciate Ivan and what he has done for us, but even though he has improved as a coach I still don't consider him Elite.

Pomoz

Bench

I think he has been instrumental in our turn to becoming a top tier club. Imagine having him for 'life' the way the Storm have had Bellamy or Brisbane had Bennett for so long?

I appreciate Ivan and what he has done for us, but even though he has improved as a coach I still don't consider him Elite.
One of the most fascinating things about being a leader is how people perceive you. In this case we consider Ivan isn't elite, in spite of winning a premiership, a minor premiership, a GF appearance, helping produce a line of rep quality players and taking the Warriors to the Grand final. The Warriors achievement in hindsight is a miracle considering their years of floundering around as also rans.

Instead we attribute the success at the Panthers to Ciraldo.

Whether you agree with this assessment or not (for the record, I'm not sure whether Ivan is elite yet either, what happens next will determine that, but I digress), there is never a truer word spoken than "success has many fathers and failures an orphan".

I have no doubt if we fail, then Ivan will be blamed. Leadership isn't for the faint hearted.....

Pomoz

Bench
The Academy is in Concord

Juniors in Narellan and Campbelltown... that sums up the front office of the Tigers
The stupidity of that, jumps of the page at you when you see it written down. A club trying to be all things to all people and in doing so has no soul, no centre, no identity.

The Tigers are in fact not a Tiger at all. They are a Camel. Everybody knows that a Camel was a horse designed by a committee.

GowersDallyM

Juniors

I beg to differ when it comes to Ivan being elte.. He took warriors into finals and he had to tigers looking solid before coming here. He has had panthers flying the past 3 seasons and could easily have went back to back prems! I think if panthers go all the way again this year or stay top 4 all next year, he would have to be in the top 4 best coaches in the game.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors

Weren't we saying the same things when Brennan and Barrett left the club?
Being head coach is a whole new ball game. Media, boards, players and managers all take their toll.
Much easier to turn up concentrate on one part of the game and still be mates with the players than to be responsible for the whole team/club.

Murraymob1

Juniors
The reality is a club can not be run by one person.Ivan is a leader and has hand picked some great assistant coaches around him.Losing Ciraldo will be a loss but that is where the next person will step up

Iamback

Coach

We have the roster now where the players know and do their jobs.

As such the 5 year deal was correct while Ciraldo is only 37. Not sure he can wait until this squad hits the wall to be head coach

Wallace has an amazing record as NSW Cup coach. Shame the shutdown stopped a premiership for him.

He will step up and do a great job

Iamback

Coach
The stupidity of that, jumps of the page at you when you see it written down. A club trying to be all things to all people and in doing so has no soul, no centre, no identity.

The Tigers are in fact not a Tiger at all. They are a Camel. Everybody knows that a Camel was a horse designed by a committee.

That is what any new coach needs to be wary of.

If they made Campbelltown their base. They'd be fine now just dumb

The Realist

Juniors
1 Premiership win and 1 Minor Premiership win does not make a coach Elite. There are a fair few coaches running around that have a Premiership win under their belts but are not considered Elite - looking at Sticky and Madge right now.

One can even make the argument that some previously Elite coaches have lost their touch - Hasler and Bennett haven't done much in 10 years both featuring in Grand Final losses - Though I still think Bennett is Elite He'd have 2 GF wins in those 10 years if he'd had a touch more luck.

These last 2 1/2 years it appears as though Ivan has finally turned the corner, but this year and the next few will really tell the tale.

One might argue that with the Roster that we have, even a brain damaged monkey would get good results out of them.

If after 2024 he sits at only 1 Premiership you'd be hard pressed to say that he is anything more than just a good coach. Most fans would be disappointed by that considering how dominant we have been since the start of 2020 and would feel that we'd wasted a potential dynasty.

I honestly think 2023 will be the true test. Losing Api and Kikau will be huge for this team. With the salary cap biting, and key cogs being taken out of the system we will see how Ivan and the Squad culture adapts. They aren't always going to be this super energetic, enthusiastic and tight as they currently are.

Anyway I think it is an interesting discussion to be had. I hope I am super wrong and that Ivan becomes a truly elite coach.

The Realist

Juniors
That is what any new coach needs to be wary of.

If they made Campbelltown their base. They'd be fine now just dumb

It's just so obvious isn't it? The entire area is a massive growth corridor as well. They'd have a massive catchment area and a large pool of loyal supporters that would regularly fill 25K+ stadium if only they'd embraced them.

But the Tigpies are just a wildly bipolar/schizophrenic organisation - it is no wonder that they have the troubles that they do.

age.s

First Grade
The Academy is in Concord

Juniors in Narellan and Campbelltown... that sums up the front office of the Tigers
My brother in law is a Tigers (ex Magpie) fan and lifetime Campbelltown local. He paints a pretty grim picture of the direction the game is headed in the region. Hearing him tell it, the player base is just vanishing down there, with previously huge clubs struggling to field teams in core age groups. This is a region with suburbs that rank highly in terms of number of NRL players produced (I think Claymore is 2nd).

It may seem dire, but who knows where we'd be now if we hadn't turned it around. They have the raw materials to develop talent in a similar vein to us and things can change pretty quickly these days both on and off the field.

Latest posts