What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Fangs

Coach
So so on Nathan Brown. We'd get more out of him than the Eels have recently but I don't think we need another middle in his range. If anything another cheapie and more backrow depth.

MugaB

Coach
Why is it everytime there's a player off contract, there's always someone wanting to have them come here.... we have so much depth, and need as much salary cap space as possible to keep these young guys here...yet we should trying to sign a plodder like luciano leilua or nathan the plod brown.. fmd fellas are we sure this the Penrith Panthers thread or woeWESTSme Tigers thread

Kilkenny

Coach
Why is it everytime there's a player off contract, there's always someone wanting to have them come here.... we have so much depth, and need as much salary cap space as possible to keep these young guys here...yet we should trying to sign a plodder like luciano leilua or nathan the plod brown.. fmd fellas are we sure this the Penrith Panthers thread or woeWESTSme Tigers thread
New signings tend to excite fans, particularly positive ones.

Obviously we are not in a position to bring in any marquee signings given we haven’t been able to retain the likes of Kikau and Koroisau. It would also appear we have a long list of outgoings from our depth players which is disappointing but I guess the new franchise has played a major role in that.

I tend to think we just need to see what we are left with going into 2023 and once the dust settles see how many players we have to bring in to fill our roster requirements.

Challenging times ahead, the nucleus is there but we have some issues going forward.

WestyLife

First Grade

Obviously we are not in a position to bring in any marquee signings given we haven’t been able to retain the likes of Kikau and Koroisau. It would also appear we have a long list of outgoings from our depth players which is disappointing but I guess the new franchise has played a major role in that.

I tend to think we just need to see what we are left with going into 2023 and once the dust settles see how many players we have to bring in to fill our roster requirements.

Challenging times ahead, the nucleus is there but we have some issues going forward.

We have no issues going forward. Bad clubs are over paying for our off contract players while we keep a core of elite talent surrounded by cheap players who do their job.

MugaB

Coach

Both players ive mentioned are not positive...
Thats the problem, just cause theyve been around town, doesn't mean they are good or will fit into our systems, or even thrive... TPJ i would easily say thrived, albiet only a few games, but guys like brown, wont even make the reserve grade side...

maple_69

Bench
I’d rather Hopgood than Brown and he’d be less than half the price. Good call by Parra IMO. Solid fringe guys like Rennings/C Smith or projects with upside like Sorenson/Garner are what we need to continue to target.

Only position I think we can afford to spend 200K+ on externally is hooker and there ain’t any.

MugaB

Coach
I’d rather Hopgood than Brown and he’d be less than half the price. Good call by Parra IMO. Solid fringe guys like Rennings/C Smith or projects with upside like Sorenson/Garner are what we need to continue to target.

Only position I think we can afford to spend 200K+ on externally is hooker and there ain’t any.
Soni luke... no need

Didn't anyone see matt camerons white board on that video sometime last year, showing his work on our salary cap and rosters stemming from SGBall to 1st Grade, they have grading/trading/movement on a weekly basis, all these players are constantly moving around and either upgraded or moved on, depending on how versatile or where we have too much stock in... if we are short on 2nd rowers, they might test the reserves or see which is available on the market or move a middle onto the edge, providing he is versatile enough to do it... ala sorrenson/garner/salmon will all be tested to see who better fits kikaus vacant spot... it was a really good indepth video that showed the inner workings of the way theyve been managing their cap, and more clubs need to invest in their own academies and then can do what Penrith do... at the moment only broncos and penrith are able to horde talent, others need to buy the scraps we both let go

Last edited:

Latest posts