What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

YoungPanther

Juniors
Spill beans please mate? Curiosity killed the cat.
Joe Stimson - brother Matt did his knee in Reserve Grade this year, but has another year to run. I was told they are trying to have another year together (previously Storm 2019) and sounds like Pennies are talking to Joe. I guess they talk to lots of players, so if anything comes of it I will share.

globalpanther

Juniors
Joe Stimson - brother Matt did his knee in Reserve Grade this year, but has another year to run. I was told they are trying to have another year together (previously Storm 2019) and sounds like Pennies are talking to Joe. I guess they talk to lots of players, so if anything comes of it I will share.
Ah ok cheers mate

snickers007

Juniors
Would be good to see Thomas get a run. Good kid who works hard.

We may also have another local from here next year - currently at the Dogs. Nothing concrete yet, but there are talks.

Joe Stimson was born in Temora wasn't he?
Off-contract for 2023 too

Edit: Nevermind - looks like I was beaten while posting

globalpanther

Juniors
Anyone have further into on Terrell May? Thought he signed with Roosters but still murmurs we are after him and despite being there best player in reggies hes not in 1st grade contention at moment which does add fuel to fire?

Original Name

Juniors
I'm keen to see Jenkins after being talked up on here so much. Sounds like a gun but it's sort of not the same watching a few reserve grade games a year.
Made the difference against the Chooks in the last game.
Isn't it amazing. Every year one of our assistants is credited, by the media; with our attacking success. Barrett, Ciraldo and now Webster.
Ciardo doesn't get that? He's the defensive coach not the attacking one.
Already re-signed Chris Smith. That'd be two experienced second rowers depth wise I guess. At least if you're a reggies half for us you'd be stoked with a veteran body guarding you.
Anyone have further into on Terrell May? Thought he signed with Roosters but still murmurs we are after him and despite being there best player in reggies hes not in 1st grade contention at moment which does add fuel to fire?
He'd have a clear path to regular first grade there with SST going to England though. It seems more logical to stick with them from that perspective. Who does any young prop we have get to replace in the next couple years?

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
Made the difference against the Chooks in the last game.

Ciardo doesn't get that? He's the defensive coach not the attacking one.

Already re-signed Chris Smith. That'd be two experienced second rowers depth wise I guess. At least if you're a reggies half for us you'd be stoked with a veteran body guarding you.

He'd have a clear path to regular first grade there with SST going to England though. It seems more logical to stick with them from that perspective. Who does any young prop we have get to replace in the next couple years?

I meant it'd be nice to see him in the nrl. I've seen a few reserve grade games and he looks good but it's a different level... well tigers so maybe not so much but you get the point 😂

Original Name

Juniors
I meant it'd be nice to see him in the nrl. I've seen a few reserve grade games and he looks good but it's a different level... well tigers so maybe not so much but you get the point 😂
He needs to find a way to get bigger, run harder or use some footwork at the line. Gets blunted relatively easily running at the line compared to really good players who are NRL level. More of a guy who's good through his footy smarts and skills and his running at a brick wall ability is limited like Billy Burns.

Anthony Don wasn't that strong but usually got the defence to legs tackle him with his footwork and choice of where to run. Needs to find something to get a shot in our backline.

Last edited:

Girds89

Bench
I really think ivan can do a Kurt Capewell on billy burns.

For basically minimums hed be a real smart signing.

I still cant get over the fact we traded him for blacker.