What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

The Realist

Juniors
I have been watching Tigers games and gosh Garner is so ordinary. Terrible defence and discipline. He'd better have a huge pre season and improve 200% to be worthy of a spot in our 17.

Other than being somewhat quick for a 2nd rower and also running some decent lines, the dude offers nothing.

The Realist

Juniors
Coming off an acl. Sign him to a two year deal imo if we go that way. No point getting a player only for the post acl year. He'll be better the year after.

I think that is already his 2nd ACL. He is a season ending injury just waiting to happen besides the fact that after 2 ACL his explosiveness (his biggest asset) would be severely diminished.

Kilkenny

Coach
I have been watching Tigers games and gosh Garner is so ordinary. Terrible defence and discipline. He'd better have a huge pre season and improve 200% to be worthy of a spot in our 17.

Other than being somewhat quick for a 2nd rower and also running some decent lines, the dude offers nothing.
I’m flabbergasted around Luke Garner. He just offers nothing, don’t see what Ivan has seen in him. Horrible waste of cap space.

The Realist

Juniors
I’m flabbergasted around Luke Garner. He just offers nothing, don’t see what Ivan has seen in him. Horrible waste of cap space.

Truth. If he is expecting to get into our teams top 17 he must be dreaming. The way I see it we'd have to have 3 injuries in the forwards to have him even hit our bench.

How dire are the Tigers though that he is an automatic selection for them?

Kilkenny

Coach
Truth. If he is expecting to get into our teams top 17 he must be dreaming. The way I see it we'd have to have 3 injuries in the forwards to have him even hit our bench.

How dire are the Tigers though that he is an automatic selection for them?
Like you I’ve watched him closely since it was announced we had signed him. Frankly he offers nothing and wont matter how good our systems are if he is anywhere near our top 17 well things aren‘t looking too good.

Girds89

Bench
Hes played 80mins tonight for 6 runs and 50m....

Made 36 tackles but in terms of attack he offers zero.... like nothing.

We need to sign a few others for the 2nd row because hes crap and geyer and others wont be ready next year.

Chris smith is better than garner easily imo

Kilkenny

Coach

We need to sign a few others for the 2nd row because hes crap and geyer and others wont be ready next year.

Our so called systems offer nothing for Garner he is a massive dud. Total waste of money.

Iamback

Coach

Lisati played left 2nd row today. He is the long term Kikau replacement

Whino

Bench
Even if he improves 100% I still don’t see him being anywhere near our top 17.

Unless we sign another backrower he will be. Our cupboard is bare.
The whole Tigers team have given up. End of season can't come soon enough for them.
I will wait to see him in our team before judging. That is the fairest thing to do.

Fangs

Coach
Garner looks like a Capewell signing. He finds the try line enough which is handy.

No one at the Tigers is putting in atm. I'm not paying attention to them.

betcats

Referee
At least Garner is playing FG. Capewell , didn't even make the bench. (IIRC), but I don't generally watch any Sharks games, just don't like them.

He was making their bench. He was pushed out of their starting team by nikora in his rookie year. He certainly wasn’t an exciting signing at the time and no one expected him to become as good as he did which happened in one gf season with us. From his first game with us he looked like a star backrower.

I can see why people aren’t happy with garner but I’ll hold my own judgement until I see him next year.