What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Munster 7 tries 12 assists
Luai 6 tries 12 assists

Munster more errors

Luai 5 forced drop outs
Munster 3.

So if Munster is the best in the game, Luai matches him in a few categories

Girds89

Bench
What 9 though? We had the best in the game
Get over it and move on mate. Whinging wont stop him going to the tiges.

Its done. Kiks is the best 2md rower in the game too.

We have to move on.

Contracts mean sweet eff all as we know.

The cows will come under salary cap pressure as killing it this year and a lot of origin debuts is going to bust their cap. Given they already pay over for JT they wont have a heap of money to stretch.

Theres always oppurtunities.

Iamback

Coach
Haha if we had as many injuries as they had this year wed be doing well to be 4th mate.

Theyve had games this year where theyve had 7 or 8 blokes out including a lot of their guns. Cheese, grant, paps, munster all missed games..welsch out for the year, coates out for 2 months, and a lot and lot of their depth guys out. They are up to like their 4th string backs.

Whereas weve literally had a perfect run.

Munster is playing his best footy of his career this year. Melbs with all the injuries and changes theyve had dont need him ti be a grub. They need him to do what hes doing.

When Kaufusi goes where is the grub in that side?

nothing to do with injuries

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yeah but Origin is refereed different.
No one would mess with us if Kiks started throwing them

In what other sport do the rules change if playing an important game.

In cricket do the match officals decide not to rule on no balls because it's the ashes.

It is embarrassing.

The rules SHOULD be the rules, not a subjective thing that changes at odd intervals.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Get over it and move on mate. Whinging wont stop him going to the tiges.

Its done. Kiks is the best 2md rower in the game too.

We have to move on.

Contracts mean sweet eff all as we know.

The cows will come under salary cap pressure as killing it this year and a lot of origin debuts is going to bust their cap. Given they already pay over for JT they wont have a heap of money to stretch.

Theres always oppurtunities.
So what 9?

Girds89

Bench
When Kaufusi goes where is the grub in that side?

nothing to do with injuries
Ur off your head.

Take out edwards, too, tiny, critta, luai, api, jfh, for huge parts of the year....

Thats what the storm has dealt with. Not even including their back ups who have gone down.

You really think they are losing cause they dont have enough niggle haha. Thatll do me.

When theyve been hammered recently im pretty sure bellamy isnt in the sheds blowing up at half time demanding more niggle or thinking thats why theyve lost haha.

Cmon, its just ridiculous.

Girds89

Bench
Usually because most are right handed and its easier to pass that way.
The whole which way is passimg stronger is such a load of bs.

I promise you even props can pass a spiral both ways.

You dont make it to the nrl without some fundemental. Especially in the modern game. Its not the 80s.

Go down to ur local park and watch a c grade game. Blokes can pass it both ways and all they care about is getting on the beers after a game.

Girds89

Bench
Munster 7 tries 12 assists
Luai 6 tries 12 assists

Munster more errors

Luai 5 forced drop outs
Munster 3.

So if Munster is the best in the game, Luai matches him in a few categories
So you think luai is as good as munster haha?

Your own post is a perfect example of how stats can mean absolutley nothing.

If you actually think luai has been anywhere near as good as munster this year than im not sure youve even watched a storm game.

WestyLife

First Grade
The whole which way is passimg stronger is such a load of bs.

I promise you even props can pass a spiral both ways.

You dont make it to the nrl without some fundemental. Especially in the modern game. Its not the 80s.

Go down to ur local park and watch a c grade game. Blokes can pass it both ways and all they care about is getting on the beers after a game.

As a child I could pass both ways and kick a 30m field goal just because I enjoyed the sport. I imagine these guys who spend all their time around it could do all the basics as easy as breathing.

Girds89

Bench
So what 9?
Same bloke i said when api signed.

Id go after kodi nikorima.

Wouldnt cost a heap so low risk vs very high reward.

He is super experienced has played plenty of tests for his country.

He has a great running game and is as quick or quicker than api.

Certianly not as good defender tho.

He probs isnt as crafty as api but he also has a very very handy kicking game which would offer us something out of the 9 we have never really had..

Yes priddis could kick a bit etc but kodi is a genuine good kicker.

We saw in origin how good hunt can be kicking when he picks his moments from 9.

He is also younger than api and still has a good 3 or 4 years left in him.

He could help for a few years until connor mason or riley smith might be ready.

And if it doesnt work he is still a great learning tool for soni and kenny.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Same bloke i said when api signed.

Id go after kodi nikorima.

Wouldnt cost a heap so low risk vs very high reward.

He is super experienced has played plenty of tests for his country.

He has a great running game and is as quick or quicker than api.

Certianly not as good defender tho.

He probs isnt as crafty as api but he also has a very very handy kicking game which would offer us something out of the 9 we have never really had..

Yes priddis could kick a bit etc but kodi is a genuine good kicker.

We saw in origin how good hunt can be kicking when he picks his moments from 9.

He is also younger than api and still has a good 3 or 4 years left in him.

He could help for a few years until connor mason or riley smith might be ready.

And if it doesnt work he is still a great learning tool for soni and kenny.
Signed with the Dolphins

Girds89

Bench
As a child I could pass both ways and kick a 30m field goal just because I enjoyed the sport. I imagine these guys who spend all their time around it could do all the basics as easy as breathing.
Pretty much.

Im not saying leota can jump into the backline and throw a 20m spiral.

But for most nrl back its not different pasing left to right or vice versa.

Your top ball players like your nathans and clearys etc will just be able to hit blokes perfectly on the chest from 15, 20m every time regardless to which way.

Your crittas and latrells and edwards and teddys can still throw a spiral both ways. But the accuracy both ways isnt as good. They might throw a 15m pass that blokes might have to reach out in front or at face level to catch.

The strongest side for luai to pass is from left to right.... but 99% of the tries he sets up are passing right to left.... it means nothing for your top ball players.

For your outside men like fbs centres 2nd rowers it just comes down to a bit of precision, timing and accuracy when doing it at speed.

Girds89

Bench
Signed with the Dolphins
Didnt realise he signed. Shame he wouldve been perfect.

But theres no point looking at just the off contract blokes..reality is that titans and knights coaches may get the sack to by the end of the year.

Got a feeling there will be a player merry go round at some point.

New coaches will come into teams and want to restructure and put their spin on a side..

We all know contracts mean stuff all.

CHN playing cup this week for raiders. Ricky under pressure.. doesnt take much for blokes to get out of a contract.

Your love for api is nice but you need to get over the fact theres no way we can sign someone to replace what he does and has done for us. Same with kikau.

But there is players out there that can add plenty of value to our team.

If i could go after 3 regardless to a contract id make a play for billy burns, CHN and maybe verrills.

Theres other 9s tho that could do a job for 12 months or so.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Didnt realise he signed. Shame he wouldve been perfect.

But theres no point looking at just the off contract blokes..reality is that titans and knights coaches may get the sack to by the end of the year.

Got a feeling there will be a player merry go round at some point.

New coaches will come into teams and want to restructure and put their spin on a side..

We all know contracts mean stuff all.

CHN playing cup this week for raiders. Ricky under pressure.. doesnt take much for blokes to get out of a contract.

Your love for api is nice but you need to get over the fact theres no way we can sign someone to replace what he does and has done for us. Same with kikau.

But there is players out there that can add plenty of value to our team.

If i could go after 3 regardless to a contract id make a play for billy burns, CHN and maybe verrills.

Theres other 9s tho that could do a job for 12 months or so.
Losing both was incompetent but yeah we need to move on. Trading someone like Spencer might get us somewhere

Tago is in his first season so he will make more mistakes. Currently, he has more line breaks, try assists and tackle breaks. He also tackles at a higher efficiency percentage than Crichton. Crichton averages 145m per game, Tago 139m

Critter and Burton were both centres of the season outside Kikau in their rookie years. Both had arguably better season than Tago is this year, when Kiks was arguably less dominant than he is this year.

I think Critter still has some growth and could be anything. I would like to see him run with more aggression like some above have said. Could do with putting on a few kgs of muscle. But I think he is a much better centre than Tago is with more upside.

Latest posts