What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
The club submitted an offer to Martin months ago that was rejected. There has been no counter offer at this stage.
The club is not in a position to do so yet.
We are getting a public hurry on.
Once Staines is re-homed Martin’s deal will be countered and done.

Then we can all put up with Crichton's manager ; )

What number cap are clubs working towards?

very hard to get in a bidding war with no capq

Kilkenny

Coach
Wallace will be one. He has done his apprenticeship and is highly rated. If the club doesn't promote him there will be other clubs that will offer him an assistant position.
The other position is up in the air.
There have been a few applications already.
I’m not sure who the suitors may be for Charlie, his options seem very limited. Certainly no clubs available with a vacant fullback position, so his only options look to go elsewhere as a winger and back up fullback.

Rumours the Newcastle Knights May be interested in recruiting Rueben Garrick as there fullback for 2023 and moving Ponga into 5/8. Perhaps if this move unfolds Charlie could be a solid option for the Sea Eagles offering depth in wing/fullback positions. Only other side who could possibly offer Charlie a spot may be the West Tigers but they comfortable with Daine Laurie in the short term.

Im not sure where his future lies in the short term And he is on pretty decent money for one more season here if he chooses to stay and fight for his position.

Perhaps the only other club could be the Warriors, they are bringing in Nickoll-Klockstad but you could perhaps suggest perhaps Charlie would bring more to the role than he will. I think Charlie could be a great pick up for the Warriors whether he would be prepared to go there is another matter.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
I’m not sure who the suitors may be for Charlie, his options seem very limited. Certainly no clubs available with a vacant fullback position, so his only options look to go elsewhere as a winger and back up fullback.

Rumours the Newcastle Knights May be interested in recruiting Rueben Garrick as there fullback for 2023 and moving Ponga into 5/8. Perhaps if this move unfolds Charlie could be a solid option for the Sea Eagles offering depth in wing/fullback positions. Only other side who could possibly offer Charlie a spot may be the West Tigers but they comfortable with Daine Laurie in the short term.

Im not sure where his future lies in the short term And he is on pretty decent money for one more season here if he chooses to stay and fight for his position.

Perhaps the only other club could be the Warriors, they are bringing in Nickoll-Klockstad but you could perhaps suggest perhaps Charlie would bring more to the role than he will. I think Charlie could be a great pick up for the Warriors whether he would be prepared to go there is another matter.

The player market is stalled until the cap is sorted. Dogs need a backup too

Kilkenny

Coach
There is an article claiming Staines is on 500k. Surely that can't be true. 500k?
Just untrue. No where near reality. I think the widely reported $325k - $350k is closer to the mark. Overs as is, given his current deal was signed off the back of his rather explosive try scoring debut season. we are not that brain dead.

Iamback

Coach
I don't believe this Telegraph rubbish Staines is on near $500k.
The club is usually careful with there signings and re-signings.
We are not the Tigers!
The same paper had us retaining Crichton on $750k now their bullshit rich list has him at $625k.
Make it up as they go along.

I believe the rich list, Riccio is actually one of the halfway decent ones.

The rich list started at $500k and Staines wasn't on it,

Blade23

Juniors
Every year the NRL audits the clubs for player salaries. They provide average and median salaries for players in each position. They also provide the salaries of the players by position in a bracket system. Top 5 players per position etc. They don't name players.
The Telegraph rich list guesses from that document what players are on. A few of the journos are mates with player agents help to fill in the blanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts