What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
The rumoured figure is $10.5mil. Clubs have been told for now, to aim for 15-20% less of that.

Thanks. Which makes these manager stories in the press stupid, no club is going to get close to that. Incase it ends up at $10m instead

mxlegend99

Referee
There’s no doubt it’s perplexing how we still have salary cap issues with how many players we’ve let go. I really wish NRL salaries were published, it’s normal in many sports around the world.
Too many guys looking to milk us for every cent they can. Staines went to market then took less to stay with us. But he's one we're trying to get rid of to keep guys like Martin and Crichton who seem keen on milking us for every cent they can.

Martins offer might have been unders. So I'll not really judge him for it. I personally don't think he's worth a huge amount though.

But Critter f**ked us over last contract he signed. Agreeing to an already generous amount. Then refusing to sign until he milked us for another 20%+ ontop.

These guys have rep careers and additional money as a result purely because they're part of this club. That should factor in to their contracts. They're not actually rep quality players though and shouldn't be paid the same as guys who genuinely are. Both got picked for NSW because of playing for us. Neither did anything for NSW to warrant having been picked though.

Honestly these guys combined aren't even worth $1m IMO. I like having both. But neither has been good enough to warrant a bidding war. If they want big money they can go sacrifice playing finals footy and their rep careers by joining a desperate club. I genuinely believe they need us more than we need them.

CCJohnC

Juniors
I hope we keep both Martin and Critter. I feel I see more in them than some on this forum. Mind you it would be, in my opinion, a positive if we got somehow Pangui JR back.

Too many guys looking to milk us for every cent they can. Staines went to market then took less to stay with us. But he's one we're trying to get rid of to keep guys like Martin and Crichton who seem keen on milking us for every cent they can.

Martins offer might have been unders. So I'll not really judge him for it. I personally don't think he's worth a huge amount though.

But Critter f**ked us over last contract he signed. Agreeing to an already generous amount. Then refusing to sign until he milked us for another 20%+ ontop.

These guys have rep careers and additional money as a result purely because they're part of this club. That should factor in to their contracts. They're not actually rep quality players though and shouldn't be paid the same as guys who genuinely are. Both got picked for NSW because of playing for us. Neither did anything for NSW to warrant having been picked though.

Honestly these guys combined aren't even worth $1m IMO. I like having both. But neither has been good enough to warrant a bidding war. If they want big money they can go sacrifice playing finals footy and their rep careers by joining a desperate club. I genuinely believe they need us more than we need them.

I would hold my ground on Crichton. He’s a good player, but he’s not a great player. I don’t think he‘ll ever be a FB so if someone offers him that type of money then I’d let him go.

It sucks, though. Because I would’ve preferred to keep Api and Kikau with that money.

Iamback

Coach

I don't blame them or their managers for doing their job,

Who is going to offer huge money as it stands right now?

Iamback

Coach
I would hold my ground on Crichton. He’s a good player, but he’s not a great player. I don’t think he‘ll ever be a FB so if someone offers him that type of money then I’d let him go.

It sucks, though. Because I would’ve preferred to keep Api and Kikau with that money.

The offer to Crichton I heard is and will stay $700k, Reasonable enough.

Realistically, Who is really a threat to pay more? He won't move out of the area

Smug Panther

First Grade
Not denying that, Clubs are planning on $10.5m cap. If the cap then is $10m they are in a lot of trouble. Unless you are starter or on Minimum wage sides will hold off
The clubs should just stand together and set the cap at 10.5. I'm a fan of Peter V'alandys but this shit is so unprofessional

Latest posts