What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
The clubs should just stand together and set the cap at 10.5. I'm a fan of Peter V'alandys but this shit is so unprofessional

It is shit, Next week there are 240 players finished for the year. Many of them have no idea where or if they will be playing next year.

Clubs like us would of loved to lock guys up before the finals, We can't as no cap

Lomax and Staggs are both on $700k, That seems the fair price point.

You still have to offer fair market value just not overs

Both of those guys were signed by struggling clubs and they haven’t had success in a long time. There’s only one top club that has a $700k centre, that’s the Roosters with Manu. But he can play 5/8 and fullback and he’s a better centre.

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't think Crichton has even proven he deserved more than the $500k he originally agreed to. He hasn't really improved much since his rookie season.

$600k would be more than generous. Between being surrounded by mates, part of a successful team and having an advantage for rep games.... i just dont see any other club blowing that out the water. If they did he can go IMO.

All he is to us is a right centre... And our right wingers tend to get f**k all scoring opportunities. Defensively he has been off lately too. I just expected a hell of a lot more than he has given us this year. He hasn't been horrible. But there has been absolutely no improvement in him this year.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I don't think Crichton has even proven he deserved more than the $500k he originally agreed to. He hasn't really improved much since his rookie season.

$600k would be more than generous. Between being surrounded by mates, part of a successful team and having an advantage for rep games.... i just dont see any other club blowing that out the water. If they did he can go IMO.

All he is to us is a right centre... And our right wingers tend to get f**k all scoring opportunities. Defensively he has been off lately too. I just expected a hell of a lot more than he has given us this year. He hasn't been horrible. But there has been absolutely no improvement in him this year.
He sure as f**k only played origin because he's a Panther

Iamback

Coach
Both of those guys were signed by struggling clubs and they haven’t had success in a long time. There’s only one top club that has a $700k centre, that’s the Roosters with Manu. But he can play 5/8 and fullback and he’s a better centre.

Also is older, Crichton is an Origin player, Backup fullback also, Won comps ticks most of the Manu boxes.

The Sharks whole back 5 is needing to get re-signed, off less achievements. Will add more to the list to compare to Ramien in particular will get close to that.

I fail to see a club that will have cap space to blow us out of the water anyway, So a redundant point anyway

Smug Panther

First Grade
Also is older, Crichton is an Origin player, Backup fullback also, Won comps ticks most of the Manu boxes.

The Sharks whole back 5 is needing to get re-signed, off less achievements. Will add more to the list to compare to Ramien in particular will get close to that.

I fail to see a club that will have cap space to blow us out of the water anyway, So a redundant point anyway
But is he really an origin player?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He is good at his job but the way we welcomed Barrett back and even Ivan. Can't have the staff thinking they can chase cash and that we'll always take them back

I think Knowles family (wife and kids) live in Newey.

I agree. You can't continually go back to the past. Spud is doing a great job. Sorry Hayden but life has moved on from you.

Munky

Coach
TPJ was reported to not have a great attitude at the Broncs.

Could be a culture killer for a rebuilding club.