What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

age.s

First Grade
Don't underestimate the value of having hungry young halves gunning for the jobs of the incumbents. Luai in particular is someone I could see getting comfortable, having quality up and comers in the frame is a defense against that.

Girds89

Bench
We played a few guys that were no hope of playing FG in NSW Cup, Given how the younger guys went. You'd they would be up next instead
Which players?
Critta snr is moving on. Faimu is retiring i believe. Riki didnt get a shot but mustve been close. Most the other guys filled in for fg at some point or were on the cusp.

Our nsw cup won too!!

The sg and flegg boys no doubt will get their chances but will need to prove themselves against the big boys. Its another step up playing cup.

Theres a few promosing guys in the ball and flegg teams that will no doubt progress but our nsw cup team will be pretty stacked again

Iamback

Coach
Which players?
Critta snr is moving on. Faimu is retiring i believe. Riki didnt get a shot but mustve been close. Most the other guys filled in for fg at some point or were on the cusp.

Our nsw cup won too!!

The sg and flegg boys no doubt will get their chances but will need to prove themselves against the big boys. Its another step up playing cup.

Theres a few promosing guys in the ball and flegg teams that will no doubt progress but our nsw cup team will be pretty stacked again

You mentioned 3 of them
Stimson
Susino
Brackenhoffer

A few others from St Marys, Older recruits hopefully see the need to call St Marys guys up less

Kilkenny

Coach
Who's Faimi?
I assume you may mean John Faiumu back rower in NSW Cup. Has been around for a while and played @ fair bit of NSW Cup for us in recent years, not sure of his exact age but I think he is in his early thirties. Decent player, never let our NSW Cup team down.

I assume you may mean John Faiumu back rower in NSW Cup. Has been around for a while and played @ fair bit of NSW Cup for us in recent years, not sure of his exact age but I think he is in his early thirties. Decent player, never let our NSW Cup team down.
Yeah that's him. Thanks.

forby

Juniors
He was the only player in the NSW Cup that wasn’t eligible to play FG as he was on a NSW Cup contract.
Big John was a good player and if he retires he is a loss to the club!

Big Mick

Referee
I assume cogger and puru will be the halves in nsw cup.

We still have decent depth.

I see the teams being similar to at full strength

1. Edwards
2. May
3. Tago
4. Critta
5. Too
6. Luai
7. Nath
8. Leota
9. Kenny
10. Fish
11. Garner (not that id pick him there)
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Luke
15. Sorensen
16. Spencer
17. Salmon

Nsw cup

1. Iongi
2. Turuva
3. Jenkins
4. Jack cole
5. Daeon Amiuantai
6. Niwhai Puru
7. Jack Cogger
8. Lindsay smith
9. Taniela Otukolo
10. Blacker
11. Peachey
12. Chris smith
13. Eisenhuth

14. Hopehea Puru
15. Hosking
16. Geyer
17. Henry

18. Fearnley
19. Lisati

Probs forgot one or two and there migyt be one or two to come in still.

But i imagine thats close to how our top two teams will look next year.

Decent cover in the backs..
Turuva is nrl ready.
Iongi is a freak and will step up if req in the 1
Jenkins will be right
Daeon and Jack are both good prospects

We are a bit weaker without sos. But coggers got lots of experience and Puru is a goer.

We are stacked for coverage in the middle- eiso, lindsay smith, blacker all good fill ins. Fearnley is an nrl player just needs time. Geyer hopefully has a really big off season and henry seems like a real hard worker

Our edge is no doubt where we are short still- garners shouldnt be a lock.. hes nothing special, needs a big pre season to show what hes got. Same with hosking. Salmons just a solid utility. Peachey same. Chris smiths just a good back up. We really need geyer or lisati to kick on in the 2nd row and have big years in cup and aim for some regular fg by 24.

Depth outside of 2nd row is good. Our flegg team will be strong too!

I think Riki is still around next year with a Development deal right? He'd take be in the Cup side I reckon. Probably Hassett will start year in Flegg and force his way in.

I'd like to see Puru start at lock tbh - he will be a Yeo clone imo that will be better than Hopgood - maybe not next year but eventually.

Girds89

Bench
I think Riki is still around next year with a Development deal right? He'd take be in the Cup side I reckon. Probably Hassett will start year in Flegg and force his way in.

I'd like to see Puru start at lock tbh - he will be a Yeo clone imo that will be better than Hopgood - maybe not next year but eventually.
Not sure on Riki. I think he was off contract. There was all that talk ages ago he was going to go to the dolphins but nothing come of it.

Id be happy to give him another year. I feel he really shouldve got a game last year when we were resting players.

Yeah Puru is very skillful thats for sure. Hes naturally skilled. Both yeo and hopgood sort of developed there game to have the skills they have whereas puru is just naturally classy. Exciting times

Bob

Juniors

Panthers confirms 2023 coaching structure​

Penrith Panthers has today confirmed the appointments of Peter Wallace and Ben Gardiner as assistant coaches to head coach Ivan Cleary for the 2023 NRL season.

After leading the Panthers NSW Cup team to premiership success and the State Championship, Wallace has been named as an NRL assistant coach.

The Panthers Life Member played 240 NRL matches – including 101 for Panthers – as well as four State of Origin matches for New South Wales.

Since retiring in 2018, Wallace has remained an integral part of the club as a member of the coaching staff, and has made an impactful contribution both on and off the field.

Gardiner joins the club with a wealth of experience, having worked in a number of key coaching position, including assistant coach for the New Zealand Kiwis.

Gardiner spent the past two seasons at Wests Tigers – as an NRL assistant in 2022 and head coach of the NSW Cup side Western Suburbs in 2021 – leading the Magpies to second on the ladder before the competition was suspended due to COVID.

Gardiner previously held coaching positions with South Sydney, Cronulla, North Sydney, City Origin and NSW under-20s.

“Peter and Ben are both impressive coaches who will add a lot to our coaching staff and playing group through their relationships, knowledge and work ethic,” Panthers Rugby League CEO Matt Cameron said.

“Peter has been a valuable member of the Panthers for many years now and I’m excited to see him progress to the next stage of his coaching career.

“Ben joins the club with a lot of coaching experience, and I look forward to welcoming him to the club ahead of the 2023 pre-season.”

Meanwhile, Ben Harden has been elevated to head coach of the NSW Cup team.

Harden spent 2022 as part of the NRL coaching staff, having previously worked as the Head of Pathways at Panthers, as well as holding a number of lower grades coaching roles.

After leading his side to premiership success in 2022, Jono Rolfe will continue in his role as Jersey Flegg coach next season, as well as taking on a full-time position in Pathways.

“Not only is Ben an impressive coach but he is also a quality young man, who will do a great job as the Panthers NSW Cup coach,” Cameron said.

“Jono has done a wonderful job as the Jersey Flegg coach and I’m pleased to see him remain in the position, while taking on more responsibility at Panthers.”

2023 PANTHERS COACHES

NRL Head Coach – Ivan Cleary
NRL Assistant Coach – Peter Wallace
NRL Assistant Coach – Ben Gardiner
NSW Cup Coach – Ben Harden
Jersey Flegg Coach – Jono Rolfe

maple_69

Bench
That Cup side are going to be runaway premiers. Absolutely stacked even without factoring a lot of the kids that could force their way in.

Exactly. You can't blame the bloke for 'cashing in so to speak'. He is never gunna be on huge money. So any extra will be important (I imagine to him)

The dogs salary cap is gunna get squeezed you would think pretty soon. Especially with some of the high priced players they are currently buying.

Or will Gus do his usual falling out with player x or y to help pay for the incomming.
Right on que Alice, Jackson has made a snap decision to retire. This is the type of undignified things players have to contend with under Gould. Watch your back Ciro.

Latest posts