What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
He is listed as the same height as Lane
What I meant is he doesn't look the same height as Lane/that much bigger than Yeo and therefor doesn't seem to my eye to be the height his wiki page says.
He would have major issues defensively if defending anywhere else rather than thru the middle. His lateral movement for such a big unit would see him exposed by smaller more mobile attackers and he would be targeted.
Yeah he has good ability for a goliath. It doesn't mean he has good ability compared to edge players.

Girds89

Bench
Rumour has it that Kurt Falls wasn't offered a contract?
I assume cogger and puru will be the halves in nsw cup.

We still have decent depth.

I see the teams being similar to at full strength

1. Edwards
2. May
3. Tago
4. Critta
5. Too
6. Luai
7. Nath
8. Leota
9. Kenny
10. Fish
11. Garner (not that id pick him there)
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Luke
15. Sorensen
16. Spencer
17. Salmon

Nsw cup

1. Iongi
2. Turuva
3. Jenkins
4. Jack cole
5. Daeon Amiuantai
6. Niwhai Puru
7. Jack Cogger
8. Lindsay smith
9. Taniela Otukolo
10. Blacker
11. Peachey
12. Chris smith
13. Eisenhuth

14. Hopehea Puru
15. Hosking
16. Geyer
17. Henry

18. Fearnley
19. Lisati

Probs forgot one or two and there migyt be one or two to come in still.

But i imagine thats close to how our top two teams will look next year.

Decent cover in the backs..
Turuva is nrl ready.
Iongi is a freak and will step up if req in the 1
Jenkins will be right
Daeon and Jack are both good prospects

We are a bit weaker without sos. But coggers got lots of experience and Puru is a goer.

We are stacked for coverage in the middle- eiso, lindsay smith, blacker all good fill ins. Fearnley is an nrl player just needs time. Geyer hopefully has a really big off season and henry seems like a real hard worker

Our edge is no doubt where we are short still- garners shouldnt be a lock.. hes nothing special, needs a big pre season to show what hes got. Same with hosking. Salmons just a solid utility. Peachey same. Chris smiths just a good back up. We really need geyer or lisati to kick on in the 2nd row and have big years in cup and aim for some regular fg by 24.

Depth outside of 2nd row is good. Our flegg team will be strong too!

Iamback

Coach
I assume cogger and puru will be the halves in nsw cup.

We still have decent depth.

I see the teams being similar to at full strength

1. Edwards
2. May
3. Tago
4. Critta
5. Too
6. Luai
7. Nath
8. Leota
9. Kenny
10. Fish
11. Garner (not that id pick him there)
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Luke
15. Sorensen
16. Spencer
17. Salmon

Nsw cup

1. Iongi
2. Turuva
3. Jenkins
4. Jack cole
5. Daeon Amiuantai
6. Niwhai Puru
7. Jack Cogger
8. Lindsay smith
9. Taniela Otukolo
10. Blacker
11. Peachey
12. Chris smith
13. Eisenhuth

14. Hopehea Puru
15. Hosking
16. Geyer
17. Henry

18. Fearnley
19. Lisati

Probs forgot one or two and there migyt be one or two to come in still.

But i imagine thats close to how our top two teams will look next year.

Decent cover in the backs..
Turuva is nrl ready.
Iongi is a freak and will step up if req in the 1
Jenkins will be right
Daeon and Jack are both good prospects

We are a bit weaker without sos. But coggers got lots of experience and Puru is a goer.

We are stacked for coverage in the middle- eiso, lindsay smith, blacker all good fill ins. Fearnley is an nrl player just needs time. Geyer hopefully has a really big off season and henry seems like a real hard worker

Our edge is no doubt where we are short still- garners shouldnt be a lock.. hes nothing special, needs a big pre season to show what hes got. Same with hosking. Salmons just a solid utility. Peachey same. Chris smiths just a good back up. We really need geyer or lisati to kick on in the 2nd row and have big years in cup and aim for some regular fg by 24.

Depth outside of 2nd row is good. Our flegg team will be strong too!

Hassett staying surely pushes his way atleast on to the bench.
Jesse McLean from Ball I think is a bolter to play a lot of NSW Cup

Wigansfinest

Juniors
what are peoples thoughts on Peru. I find it hard to get excited about these half’s because how do they break through. Your only chance is that they can play in the outside backs or at SR. 1 ,6,7,8,9,10,13 are gonna be locked in for many years to come. I’m happy that burton is doing so well for himself but I won’t kid myself I was absolutely gutted when he left and I still am

Iamback

Coach
what are peoples thoughts on Peru. I find it hard to get excited about these half’s because how do they break through. Your only chance is that they can play in the outside backs or at SR. 1 ,6,7,8,9,10,13 are gonna be locked in for many years to come. I’m happy that burton is doing so well for himself but I won’t kid myself I was absolutely gutted when he left and I still am

Both of them look talents both should move to an edge, then could have long careers here

Wigansfinest

Juniors
Both of them look talents both should move to an edge, then could have long careers here
They probably could be when you’ve been growing up as a kid and you’ve been playing 6 all your life sometimes they might not want to. Hence why they would take an opportunity at another club like burton and katoa did

Original Name

Juniors
The five eight reminds me a bit of Cody Walker popping up in the in the right time and place to sniff out tries scoring opportunities, also a bit of a grub. Has good instinct for when there's points on offer that you can't teach, ball bounces for him and all that jazz.

His lock forward brother's a stud. Seems pretty good in all facets of the game. Together they're even better with that combo football.

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
Even if these guys switch to a more fringe role to crack into the side it’s unlikely they’ll be able to stick around for more than a few years. Outside Dyl, Fish, Luai, Cleary, Yeo and I suspect To’o, those other roles are going to be a rotating cast with kids moving on as soon as they earn their stripes unless they want to take one contract on unders before making bank.

I still think it’s the best option for their development to come into our side as a centre or whatever and probably play deep into finals/become a fringe Origin player etc before moving on to play in the halves.

Latest posts