What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Players only have a limited time to make first grade, how long do we want them to stay here as a back up when a possible first grade is a chance?
It would we great to be able to warehouse them all, but it isn’t fair on the players concerned.

In theory it works, You also hold up the guys further back that look promising

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Hello one and all.

I've been away. Family emergency. Nasty one in fact. Daughter was placed on life support Wednesday night, a week ago. (after a heart issue) Upon waking her up, found out that she had a brain infart (yep it's a word, means a clot). Transferred from Blacktown to Westmead last Tuesday (early hours of the morning).

Operated managed to get rid of the pressue and the numerous clots, put in a drain etal. Today they took the drain out. So road to recovery.

So in light of that, my trip to Sydney (which nearly killed me too LOL) I'm back home.

I'll be drifting in and out a bit.

If I sound like I'm looking for a fight (at times) or short with folks I apologise in advance. It's been a horrible time.

Now back on track. Good to see that Martin is tipped to sign on for 24. As each year passes we will struggle to keep such players with the new kids comming through.

Would love the club to keep Spencer and Brian a bit longe too. Critta sadly may be a bridge too far.

Hello one and all.

I've been away. Family emergency. Nasty one in fact. Daughter was placed on life support Wednesday night, a week ago. (after a heart issue) Upon waking her up, found out that she had a brain infart (yep it's a word, means a clot). Transferred from Blacktown to Westmead last Tuesday (early hours of the morning).

Operated managed to get rid of the pressue and the numerous clots, put in a drain etal. Today they took the drain out. So road to recovery.

So in light of that, my trip to Sydney (which nearly killed me too LOL) I'm back home.

If I sound like I'm looking for a fight (at times) or short with folks I apologise in advance. It's been a horrible time.

Now back on track. Good to see that Martin is tipped to sign on for 24. As each year passes we will struggle to keep such players with the new kids comming through.

Would love the club to keep Spencer and Brian a bit longe too. Critta sadly may be a bridge too far.
Sorry to hear. Any damage?

globalpanther

Juniors
Hello one and all.

Hope all is Ok 🤞

Hello one and all.

Sorry to hear that. You are in my thoughts.

Original Name

Juniors
You're discounting the free will of the player. We may have offered a contract, and he may have chosen to take another offer. Wont know until one side talks.
Anyone would really accept a top 36 contract over a train and trial. A train and trial is nothing in terms of job security. They can see you start pre season then they can boot you whenever they want for whatever reason. A train and trial is just a shot at at impressing enough to get the chance to get a spot within the 36 man squad. With a top 36 you're contract you're guaranteed your place and your money for the year. It's a massive difference in job security and for players not in the NRL they all want as much job security as possible. What they don't want more than anything is do a pre season then not make the top 36 and be playing semi pro footy. Then your path back to getting a contract, is really, really hard and most would just give it up from there.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Anyone would really accept a top 36 contract over a train and trial. A train and trial is nothing in terms of job security. They can see you start pre season then they can boot you whenever they want for whatever reason. A train and trial is just a shot at at impressing enough to get the chance to get a spot within the 36 man squad. With a top 36 you're contract you're guaranteed your place and your money for the year. It's a massive difference in job security and for players not in the NRL they all want as much job security as possible. What they don't want more than anything is do a pre season then not make the top 36 and be playing semi pro footy. Then your path back to getting a contract, is really, really hard and most would just give it up from there.

Yes but the club can only play so many middles, Next year is the open spots

Original Name

Juniors
Yes but the club can only play so many middles, Next year is the open spots
Yes and Fearnely is better than half of those middles we have so then why should it matter? Eiso, Blacker, Smith. They're the middles we have outside of the 17 better than him. Everyone else he's a better prop currently.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
@Aliceinwonderland , thinking of you and yours. Hope things get better.
Thinking of you Alice in a very difficult time.

Thanks so much for your kind words. So happy today she had the drain taken out of her skull. So it's onwards and upwards.

Even at her most confused Monday a week ago. She couldn't remember what year it was, or what month.

She remembered that Penrith won the grandfinal. Although she couldn't remember the score line. Or which grandfinal either.

thought that was amazing. 😂

Iamback

Coach
Yes and Fearnely is better than half of those middles we have so then why should it matter? Eiso, Blacker, Smith. They're the middles we have better than him. Everyone else he's a better player currently.

Liam Henry would be above him too.

I have this pack for NRL

Leota
Kenny
JFH
Garner
Martin
Yeo

Luke
Salmon
Sorensen
Leinu

Leaving

Eisenhuth
Mason
Smith
Smith
Hoskings
Peachey

Henry
Blacker
Riki
Sommerton/Smith

That isn't even including Mav and Lisati who can play edge and middle

Original Name

Juniors
Liam Henry would be above him too.

I have this pack for NRL

Leota
Kenny
JFH
Garner
Martin
Yeo

Luke
Salmon
Sorensen
Leinu

Leaving

Eisenhuth
Mason
Smith
Smith
Hoskings
Peachey

Henry
Blacker
Riki
Sommerton/Smith

That isn't even including Mav and Lisati who can play edge and middle
Did anyone watch the Jersey Flegg gf/ finals and think any other of props were better than Fearnley? Not asking asking mockingly or anything. Seemed to be head and shoulders above anyone any other of our props in this list he was playing with in my personal opinion. The only forward who seemed to be maybe playing maybe as good or better was Hohepa Puru who's moving to the Raiders.

And him being the our best prop forward in his games that were televised was the general consensus on here too with multiple people saying it and nobody really arguing against it when the matches were going on. Most of these guys in this list fulfil different roles to a work horse prop forward who just rips in super hard for long periods of time. Dunno what someone like Peachey really has to do with him. They fulfill completely different roles so of course they don't compete for spots. Same with guys who only fill in the middle during injuries or are ball playing locks. It's not the same as being a prop threatening to pass heaps at lock opens up your running game. You can't threaten to pass heaps when your job is take the ball up because you're a play 1 type of prop. It's a completely different position when everyone knows you're going to run so he's competing with guys like Ryley Smith for his spot.

Dunno what you mean by leaving either. Eiso is going to re-signed for a year.

Iamback

Coach
Did anyone watch the Jersey Flegg gf/ finals and think any other of props were better than Fearnley? Not asking asking mockingly or anything. Seemed to be head and shoulders above anyone any other of our props in this list he was playing with in my personal opinion. The only forward who seemed to be maybe playing maybe as good or better was Hohepa Puru who's moving to the Raiders.

And him being the our best prop forward in his games that were televised was the general consensus on here too with multiple people saying it and nobody really arguing against it when the matches were going on. Most of these guys in this list fulfil different roles to a work horse prop forward who just rips in super hard for long periods of time. Dunno what someone like Peachey really has to do with him. They fulfill completely different roles so of course they don't compete for spots. Same with guys who only fill in the middle during injuries or are ball playing locks. It's not the same as being a prop threatening to pass heaps at lock opens up your running game. You can't threaten to pass heaps when your job is take the ball up because you're a play 1 type of prop. It's a completely different position when everyone knows you're going to run so he's competing with guys like Ryley Smith for his spot.

Dunno what you mean by leaving either. Eiso is going to re-signed for a year.

I did and he happened to play in a position that the club is stacked in,
I listed the top packs of NSW Cup and NRL who should he be on that list instead of?

ACTPanthers

Bench
Hello one and all.

So sorry to hear this - Really hope things pick up for you and the family - Stay strong.

Girds89

Bench
Yes and Fearnely is better than half of those middles we have so then why should it matter? Eiso, Blacker, Smith. They're the middles we have outside of the 17 better than him. Everyone else he's a better prop currently.
I reckon he has more potential than all 3 tbh