What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
@Blade23 could confirm if there's any truth to it.

But considering Leniu come out saying he wants to stay for 2023cnot long ago it would be a massive backflip from him.

Ciraldo saying he wouldn't approach anyone we wanted to keep and would only talk to guys who approached him.

I just dont see it being likely. Plus how could Bulldogs possibly afford to outbid us when they have more than 30% of their cap tied up between Burton, Kikau, Mahoney and TPJ... and need to find an extra $500k or so to keep Burton.

They supposedly couldn't register contracts for Kikau and Mahoney because they weren't under the cap yet. So Jackson retiring and schoupp leaving doesnt add up to signing a $500k+ front rower IMO. Unless they're giving up on Burton staying

Hence why it is no chance of happening

Murraymob1

Juniors
Well the dogs supporters believe Spencer will announce he is going to the dogs from next year.now that will involve a release surly that will not happen .Hold him for the year .if we allow the dogs to raid us it will be open season on signings

Blade23

Juniors
@Blade23 could confirm if there's any truth to it.

But considering Leniu come out saying he wants to stay for 2023cnot long ago it would be a massive backflip from him.

Ciraldo saying he wouldn't approach anyone we wanted to keep and would only talk to guys who approached him.

I just dont see it being likely. Plus how could Bulldogs possibly afford to outbid us when they have more than 30% of their cap tied up between Burton, Kikau, Mahoney and TPJ... and need to find an extra $500k or so to keep Burton.

They supposedly couldn't register contracts for Kikau and Mahoney because they weren't under the cap yet. So Jackson retiring and schoupp leaving doesnt add up to signing a $500k+ front rower IMO. Unless they're giving up on Burton staying

No truth to it. And no early release to any club for 2023.

As for 2024 it is far to early in talks to know what way he is going.

Blade23

Juniors
Hello one and all.

I've been away. Family emergency. Nasty one in fact. Daughter was placed on life support Wednesday night, a week ago. (after a heart issue) Upon waking her up, found out that she had a brain infart (yep it's a word, means a clot). Transferred from Blacktown to Westmead last Tuesday (early hours of the morning).

Operated managed to get rid of the pressue and the numerous clots, put in a drain etal. Today they took the drain out. So road to recovery.

So in light of that, my trip to Sydney (which nearly killed me too LOL) I'm back home.

I'll be drifting in and out a bit.

If I sound like I'm looking for a fight (at times) or short with folks I apologise in advance. It's been a horrible time.

Now back on track. Good to see that Martin is tipped to sign on for 24. As each year passes we will struggle to keep such players with the new kids comming through.

Would love the club to keep Spencer and Brian a bit longe too. Critta sadly may be a bridge too far.

There are some good cardiologists at Westmead I hope all goes well Alice.

BxTom

Bench
Well the dogs supporters believe Spencer will announce he is going to the dogs from next year.now that will involve a release surly that will not happen .Hold him for the year .if we allow the dogs to raid us it will be open season on signings
They said Burton was going there in 2021 as well.

Latest posts