What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Girds89

Bench
I did and he happened to play in a position that the club is stacked in,
I listed the top packs of NSW Cup and NRL who should he be on that list instead of?
Id give him a shot over smith and blacker imo.

Not sure how lindsay fits into our team tbh.

Jfh plays the 60min evrrywhere prop role.. which is essentially the role smith plays.. hes not an impact player and hes not ever going to be fish.

Fearnly imo looks the better prospect of blacker, henry, smith etc.

But it doesnt matter now. Hes gone.

We are still pretty stacked.. no issues at prop.

Just need an edge bloke or two to kick on. Hopefully lisati and mav have huge years.

Iamback

Coach
Id give him a shot over smith and blacker imo.

Not sure how lindsay fits into our team tbh.

Jfh plays the 60min evrrywhere prop role.. which is essentially the role smith plays.. hes not an impact player and hes not ever going to be fish.

Fearnly imo looks the better prospect of blacker, henry, smith etc.

But it doesnt matter now. Hes gone.

We are still pretty stacked.. no issues at prop.

Just need an edge bloke or two to kick on. Hopefully lisati and mav have huge years.

If JFH gets injured at WC and misses the start of the season? or Leota. Hell all of our middles are over there. No way the club is risking a rookie not up to it yet.

So I get the club's thinking, I also get players these days not waiting

Girds89

Bench
If JFH gets injured at WC and misses the start of the season? or Leota. Hell all of our middles are over there. No way the club is risking a rookie not up to it yet.

So I get the club's thinking, I also get players these days not waiting
Nathan is over there too?

As is luai and yeo?

We dont have blokes that can replace them.. even less than our props.

Its a risk you have to take sometimes

Original Name

Juniors
I reckon he has more potential than all 3 tbh
Potential maybe but our depth in case of injury this year is our biggest immediate concern which he could have still contributed to.
I listed the top packs of NSW Cup and NRL who should he be on that list instead of?
You listed our forwards pack not the top packs in the NSW cup/NRL. And if you mean we have the best packs in the both grades we haven't played a game yet and we lost Kikau, Api Hopgood(our best Cup forward), with our Cup hookers changing so we can't judge it purely off last year since we have different teams along with opposition changing and getting better. The drop off between Api and our current hookers is big and that effects the forwards around them.

He's not competing with almost all of them in the list you made not playing the same role as hookers, edge back rowers, ball playing locks, etc. So guys like Ryley Smith, Peachey, Hosking, etc really aren't relevant and I don't why you would list them. It's like if Ryley Smith was competing with someone for a hooking position and I mentioned Matt Eisenhuth. Like it's a different role, it matters as much as the fullback depth to that. We need 60+ minute props to fill 60+ minute prop roles when nessarary. People who do that are who he's competing with.

Out of the props you mentioned he's better than Liam Henry Mav and Lisati (with Mav being a point of difference prop not really a workhorse guy like Fearnley so different roles). So bench NSW cup prop and move up into the starting team throughout the year with Eiso staying at lock (I'd hope) and the other 3 fighting it out for the second bench prop role and two playing Flegg. So It'd be JFH>Leota>Sorenson>Leniu>Smith>Blacker>Fearnley.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Nathan is over there too?

As is luai and yeo?

We dont have blokes that can replace them.. even less than our props.

Its a risk you have to take sometimes

Didn't we sign Cogger as Nathan's Origin replacement?

So why would we not have replacement middles?

There is zero reason to take a risk by jumping NSW Cup props who dominated their comp

Iamback

Coach
Potential maybe but our depth in case of injury this year is our biggest immediate concern which he could have still contributed to.

You listed our forwards pack not the top packs in the NSW cup/NRL. And if you mean we have the best packs in the both grades we haven't played a game yet and we lost Kikau, Api Hopgood(our best Cup forward), with our Cup hookers changing so we can't judge it purely off last year since we have different teams along with opposition changing and getting better. The drop off between Api and our current hookers is big and that effects the forwards around them.

He's not competing with almost all of them in the list you made not playing the same role as hookers, edge back rowers, ball playing locks, etc. So guys like Ryley Smith, Peachey, Hosking, etc really aren't relevant and I don't why you would list them. It's like if Ryley Smith was competing with someone for a hooking position and I mentioned Matt Eisenhuth. Like it's a different role, it matters as much as the fullback depth to that. We need 60+ minute props to fill 60+ minute prop roles when nessarary. People who do that are who he's competing with.

Out of the props you mentioned he's better than Liam Henry Mav and Lisati (with Mav being a point of difference prop not really a workhorse guy like Fearnley so different roles). So bench NSW cup prop and move up into the starting team throughout the year with Eiso staying at lock (I'd hope) and the other 3 fighting it out for the second bench prop role and two playing Flegg. So It'd be JFH>Leota>Sorenson>Leniu>Smith>Blacker>Fearnley.

I didn't list Mav or Lisati in my side though?

Henry played FG, Why would a Flegg prop be higher? Certainly not to start with

Original Name

Juniors
I didn't list Mav or Lisati in my side though?

Henry played FG, Why would a Flegg prop be higher? Certainly not to start with
None of others in the list would even play prop in our cup team or NRL team barring injuries so I had to include the only guys who will/might because the rest didn't matter.

Liam Henry when he played with Fearnley in Flegg was just like Fearnley but not as good. They fill the same type of role being workhorses with Fearnley doing that but making a bigger impact. Liam Henry is just older.

Speaking of prop depth. Blacker as his replacement I guess.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
None of others in the list would even play prop in our cup team or NRL team barring injuries so I had to include the only guys who will/might because the rest didn't matter.

Liam Henry when he played with Fearnley in Flegg was just like Fearnley but not as good. They fill the same type of role being workhorses with Fearnley doing that but making a bigger impact. Liam Henry is just older.

Speaking of prop depth. Blacker as his replacement I guess.

Yes but there are only 30 FT spots.

1-17 speak for itself

Turuva
Jenkins
Cole
Cogger
Chris Smith
Hosking
Peachey

Leaves 6 spots

from that you need another hooker, Another outside back then middles to go from Round 1

So there is no F/T spot for Flegg guys. They stay to play part time or go elsewhere simple

mxlegend99

Referee
@Blade23 could confirm if there's any truth to it.

But considering Leniu come out saying he wants to stay for 2023cnot long ago it would be a massive backflip from him.

Ciraldo saying he wouldn't approach anyone we wanted to keep and would only talk to guys who approached him.

I just dont see it being likely. Plus how could Bulldogs possibly afford to outbid us when they have more than 30% of their cap tied up between Burton, Kikau, Mahoney and TPJ... and need to find an extra $500k or so to keep Burton.

They supposedly couldn't register contracts for Kikau and Mahoney because they weren't under the cap yet. So Jackson retiring and schoupp leaving doesnt add up to signing a $500k+ front rower IMO. Unless they're giving up on Burton staying