What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

hindy111

Post Whore
It was on a flight. That’s all I can say.

I only found out after the official announcement this afternoon.

A lot of these contract things are evolving and settled well before the official media release.

A good example was the Kiks photo. Another was Laurie who popped up at our training the day he was announced as being signed.

The problem was the training was on far north coast of nsw and he was on that bus.

Question stuff Janey. Things aren’t always what they seem.

Who cares but? The end result is the same.

hindy111

Post Whore
Like our Moses project with the eels.

Trying to force his price up to $2m a season but quietly hoping and praying he won’t accept our stupid offer.

But as you know, I’d be on my knees for Bea in an instant. Coach of coaches, the prodigal son, bald.

You have Staines and Laurie. Who plays fullback?

You have Staines and Laurie. Who plays fullback?
I want Will Kennedy.

Laurie will start as the incumbent with Charlie hot on his heels unless he’s healing.

Both only have a year to go on contract. They are both on the outer I think and poor Charlie hasn’t even properly arrived yet.

I like both of them, but they both have their weaknesses.

Hopefully Edwards plays SOO this year. Ffs, he refuses to mount Freddy and he’s being held back on account of his good taste.

Im serious for a moment, young Edwards deserves a go at SOO and I heard his 2023 season is looking ominous.

He will add a lot to the series.

Last edited:
It was on a flight. That’s all I can say.

I only found out after the official announcement this afternoon.

A lot of these contract things are evolving and settled well before the official media release.

A good example was the Kiks photo. Another was Laurie who popped up at our training the day he was announced as being signed.

The problem was the training was on far north coast of nsw and he was on that bus.

Question stuff Janey. Things aren’t always what they seem.
Who's Janey?

Kilkenny

Coach
Again good luck to him at the Dogs.

I am happy for him and at the same time happy to see the end of him.

Crichton is not a fullback, not Edwards quality anyway, never will be.

Good luck to him. Hope it works out for him but I see a bit of Bryce in Stephen Crichton.

This could end badly , same as Bryce going to the the Titans.

Just a gut feeling. Makes no difference to us really, either way,

Personally, if we can off load him early with significant salary cap advantage I would get rid of him. His early departure would have no impact on our ability to compete for a third premiership in my opinion.

Last edited:
I am sad to see him go. I haven’t found the whole cut-and-thrust of the negotiation tiresome at all; but I like the stress of negotiating. As far as I am concerned as long as someone keeps up their contractual obligations during a negotiation, then fair play to them. Obviously fair play too also to the Panthers if they don’t like it, and put it in the bucket of ‘life’s too short’.

I have said elsewhere that good luck to him; he has been a big part of a very successful times for our team. I hope he gets an 4th GF try in a row this October. I will be cheering for him to succeed individual at his next stop. Unless it is the Roosters. Or union.

hindy111

Post Whore
Again good luck to him at the Dogs.

I am happy for him and at the same time happy to see the end of him.

Crichton is not a fullback, not Edwards quality anyway, never will be.

Good luck to him. Hope it works out for him but I see a bit of Bryce in Stephen Crichton.

This could end badly , same as Bryce going to the the Titans.

Just a gut feeling. Makes no difference to us really, either way,

Personally, if we can off load him early with significant salary cap advantage I would get rid of him. His early departure would have no impact on our ability to compete for a third premiership in my opinion.

I think he is still quality and will help defend the title. Keep him.
Also contracts start Nov 1 so half his wage would be almost accounted for by time season kicks off.

He is a young kid and who knows who has been in his ear or what financial a trains his family are under.

I think its a vesting in disguise. I prefer Tago style

Hooked

Juniors
Why would we release him? You would weaken centre, and if Edwards goes down we have no experienced FB cover. Two positions possibly covered by rookies in that scenario.

No early release. He is our best option this year is to play right centre. The options below him aren't ready this season to play 20+ games.
Whoever is his successor. Give them game time this year to make them ready for next season. Let them build up important combinations with a full pre-season.

Until then, he is a proven matchwinner. He stays and performs.

Blues Riff

Bench
Why would we release him? You would weaken centre, and if Edwards goes down we have no experienced FB cover. Two positions possibly covered by rookies in that scenario.

No early release. He is our best option this year is to play right centre. The options below him aren't ready this season to play 20+ games.
Whoever is his successor. Give them game time this year to make them ready for next season. Let them build up important combinations with a full pre-season.

Until then, he is a proven matchwinner. He stays and performs.
Well we have no right to hold back his career like we did with Burton

hindy111

Post Whore
How? The statement lets other clubs know Penrith are not in the market for his services, so he can't say that there is an offer from them to use as a bargaining chip

He would cost the other club more which hurts their cap right?

I speak for most dogs fans that we do not like this signing at all. We have a few great young junior prospects (finally) all in at FB, about 3 options or so that really could make it easily in the big time but now we have screwed that up by overpaying a guy who works well in the Penrith System and struggles outside of the system. I really wanted the poach to be Spencer and yous kept crichton but of course the smarter club made the better choice.