What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Pomoz

Bench
People are missing the key point I was trying to make; whether we have the largest or just a large catchment, and whether that is helpful for development or not, we have got compensation for developing a number of juniors through successive premiership successes. That is not to say we haven’t worked hard to develop them, but we have been rewarded through the most important success factor a football club strives for.

I personally am looking forward to the game when we run out with 17 players who have never played a game of first grade anywhere but Penrith; realistically our best starting side this year might have one second rower who has played elsewhere(?)
I understood your key point and agreed with it, that's why I didn't quote you. I think we would all like to see us compensated for development. Clubs like Manly and the Dogs (now changing under Gus) who invest very little in development are impacting the NRL negatively. More kids developed is better for everybody. The NRL can support more teams if the development gets sorted out.

You did mention the benefit of having the largest nursery and exploiting it. I just wanted to make it clear, we have had a large nursery for years and did nothing much with it. So have the Eels and the Tigers for the same result. A junior nursery means nothing without effort, strategy and investment. Get it right and you can field a team in two grand finals where 13 of the 17 players debuted with the Panthers.

hindy111

Post Whore
On the Eels forum someone's mentioned seeing a group of Penrith and Parra Harrold Matt kids training and talked about how GUS have made a massive raid on both sides best players. More from Penrith and making them all sorts of promises etc.....
Anyone know how true this may be?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
On the Eels forum someone's mentioned seeing a group of Penrith and Parra Harrold Matt kids training and talked about how GUS have made a massive raid on both sides best players. More from Penrith and making them all sorts of promises etc.....

I'd like to think Penrith have thes best of the crop tied up. Especially after what Bennett did last year.

Murraymob1

Juniors
I
doubt the 2 clubs would train together

Nealo 12

Bench
Ivan puts a lot of emphasis on the team and group environment. We know that from countless interviews with players.
I think he should use the Bulldogs raids to bring the group together.

But I was thinking whether or not he should excuse critter etc from these bonding sessions.

There’s players like Edwards, superb and so loyal playing for unders and they need to be engaged properly.

Players and kids taking unders are the guts of your success as well as the superstars and they are entitled to a special reward as a group compared with the more mercenary.

The raid by the dogs, maybe you can really use that to good effect. That’s my point, taking into account the long and close relationships in existence in both camps.

As you know, I have a kind of contact in the player camp and I’ll try to see how it’s managed if I can.

He’s a loyal one.

I think it’s an interesting enquiry.

Ivan has his silly moments, makes mistakes, but he can also be very sharp. How will he manage this?
This is a huge revelation how could we miss this !

Original Name

Juniors
Sorry, my bad, only saw the unlicensed bit.
The Broncs were probably like you're on a charge, keep your down and don't f**k up until this is sorted and he would have like yeah okay sweet then this happens like a month later. Things like unlicensed drivers get covered up all the time. The clubs don't give a shit about that sort of stuff. It's the only the timing of driving unlicensed that makes him look like a f**kwit who doesn't care about his contract.

Even if he gets off his charge and regardless of if he did it or what the jury/ judge believe a club can't trust someone like that. Only a club super desperate like one in the SL at the bottom of the table or in reggies would take him.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach

True.

Sharks and Roosters had a stack of juniors pinched