What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Sime_11

Juniors
price of success - if we were to win another 2 comps but it means losing a fair amount of our talent - id take it

living in the best era as a Panthers fan - as much as it hurts - gotta take the positives that Penrith players are wanted to improve other squads.

gives opportunity and genuine hope to our juniors - there's spots available for the taking in our top 30 squad for 2024 & onwards

thanks Spencer - always welcome back at the Panthers should it not work out :)

Big Mick

Referee
Sorro likely gone too at the end of the season as he'll be looking for one last big payday for his career - can't blame him for that.

Ah well - better hope Geyer and Lisati aim up. They got 1 year.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Lindsay Smith says hello. He's the ideal replacement
He’s not ready for regular first grade.

12months time there will be a few in the mix, right now, none are ready for regular NRL. There is big difference between filling in every now and then and playing week in week out.

Blacker I think is the obvious choice, he’s the most similar to Spencer we have.

Black Panther

Juniors
Ivan has never really given Blacker a shot at any stage. I don’t understand why he is taking a top 30 spot if he never intended on using him.

betcats

Referee
They need to hope like hell some middles kick on quickly this year. We arent going to sign any high potential young middles to come play off our bench for less money than other clubs can offer. Smith could be a good player but nothing like Spencer, Blacker it remains to be seen if he can even hold up to regular first grade. Its pretty bleak when we lose Kikau, Api, Crichton, Hopgood and still cant keep spencer.

globalpanther

Juniors
They need hope like hell some middles kick on quickly this year. We arent going to sign any high potential young middles to come play off our bench for less money than other clubs can offer. Smith could be a good player but nothing like Spencer, Blacker it remains to be seen if he can even hold up to regular first grade. Its pretty bleak when we lose Kikau, Api, Crichton, Hopgood and still cant keep spencer.
EXACTLY!

betcats

Referee
Looking forward the club is going to need to start being a bit more ruthless with the core starters in the next few years. Yeo, Fish and Moses are 27-28, Cleary, Luai and Dylan are 25-27. Getting to a point in couple years where almost of our spine and our starting middles are 28-32 is going to lead to problems I think.

Blade23

Juniors
He’s not ready for regular first grade.

12months time there will be a few in the mix, right now, none are ready for regular NRL. There is big difference between filling in every now and then and playing week in week out.

Blacker I think is the obvious choice, he’s the most similar to Spencer we have.

That is why Huth was retained. If none of the juniors are ready next year, or lack week-week consistency. He can be a bridge till then.

WestyLife

First Grade
Looking forward the club is going to need to start being a bit more ruthless with the core starters in the next few years. Yeo, Fish and Moses are 27-28, Cleary, Luai and Dylan are 25-27. Getting to a point in couple years where almost of our spine and our starting middles are 28-32 is going to lead to problems I think.

The Cowboys post 2015 syndrome.