What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
What ruffles feathers is him lying when we know that what he has said doesn't match what actually happened.

He had an offer months earlier that he knocked back. He had a meeting with us to hear our final offer after he "begged us" for an offer. He signed with Bulldogs without ever hearing our offer.

If he wanted to stay. He would have stayed. If it wasn't about money, he would not have milked us for extra money the last time he agreed to a contract but then held out for a better one from us.

Nothing wrong with trying to make the most of what he earns. But he cant pretend he wanted to stay when he had multiple opportunities to do so and held out for more money or signed elsewhere without waiting for us to make another offer that he asked for.

Each to their own i guess, him trying help his reputation without making the club look bad doesn’t bother me at all. Personally I believe him saying wanted to stay but staying for a lot less money is a hard decision to make, I don’t have a problem with him asking for another offer then deciding to take the dogs offer before we came up with ours, we were never going to be able to get close to the dogs. It’s just business I don’t see why it bothers anyone.

Girds89

Bench
Im tired of reading about critta.

He's not an 800k player. Simple as that. Said for years on here he didn't offer what manu can at centre.

And I never bought into the idea that he could or would be a better fb than Edwards.

Yeah he's athletically gifted haha. Pretty much all nrl players are haha. The difference has always been between the good and the great players is heart.

You cant train for it, you cant teach it to a player.. you either have it or don't.

Yes all nrl players are dedicated... but some can go the extra mile.

Players like tpj, fifita etc... probs up there with most athletically gifted players in the comp.. but stuff all heart..

Tpj might go ok this year under ciro... but I can't ever truly see him reaching his potential.

Critta is a good player but for mine he's just never got involved enough. And with ball in hand he's not really someone who can create something out of absolutely nothing... he's not a Michael Jennings etc... I mean even the peach in his prime was way more lethal with ball in hand than critta.

Critta is a great defensive centre I'll give him that.

He's been a great servant over the last few years for us. Has a clutch play in him and has never let us down. But 800k... please....

We should've told him last year he could go and used that money to resign kiks or api.. two way more important cogs in the machine.

But we didn't.

Im confident that between, may, turuva, McLean, deaon, Jenkins and cole that we have the depth to cover injuries and soo and players leaving in the next few years.

I'm 110% confident critta will have his best year yet for the Panthers. He'll dig in.

I don't care about some shit article written in the paper on him. It's a puff piece that people are reading waaaay to much into. Journos chop and change the order of quotes... use quotes from different interviews etc... can't believe people believe or care what they write haha.

No one other than critta and his manager and probs Matt Cameron and Ivan would be 100% privy to what's gone on so it's just all speculation.

I'll wish critta goodluck in 9 months. Right now he has a job to do for the Panthers.. he's no rookie anymore. Needs to stand up massively this year, especially given may is out for the season now.

I want to see him own the game like joey manu can.

Our biggest issue is the 2nd row. God forbid Martin gets injured.. we are in trouble.

What I saw in the preseason from hosking and garner didn't exactly inspire me with confidence.

Peach needs to find his old form and use his shoulders in defence.

Soro I think is worth another shot on an edge.

Mav and co are probs 12 months off..

I think soni Luke if he can stay fit for a full season and put his body on the line in defence will overtake Kenny minutes wise. Kenny might start but hopefully luke gets longer game time. He's always been very skilful and creative and Ivan needs to back him this year to play how he likes.

Munky

Coach
Each to their own i guess, him trying help his reputation without making the club look bad doesn’t bother me at all. Personally I believe him saying wanted to stay but staying for a lot less money is a hard decision to make, I don’t have a problem with him asking for another offer then deciding to take the dogs offer before we came up with ours, we were never going to be able to get close to the dogs. It’s just business I don’t see why it bothers anyone.

We just saw Taylen May blow his knee out in the pre season.

Who knows if he comes back and plays the same way after doing twelve months of intensive rehab. Mentally and physically he might not be up to it anymore.

Critter just got a $3.2m bag. When every run can be your last in first grade I'd spend my off season getting the biggest longest deal possible.

Whino

Bench

NRL signing news 2023: Sydney Roosters eye Penrith prop Spencer Leniu​

The Sydney Roosters recruitment drive isn’t over yet – with the NRL glamour club identifying a Penrith premiership winner as a key target.

The Roosters have emerged as a potential landing spot for Penrith premiership winner Spencer Leniu as they await word on a decision from Brisbane prop Tom Flegler.

It is understood the Roosters have identified the off-contract Leniu as a potential option as they look to secure a long-term prop option.
It comes as Dolphins target Flegler faces sacrificing as much as $600,000 to remain at the Broncos as D-Day arrives for the Brisbane enforcer.
It is expected Flegler will make a definitive call on his future over the next 48 hours as Brisbane fight to keep the Queensland Origin bookend at Red Hill in the face of a massive offer from expansion rivals the Dolphins.
It is understood four clubs have expressed interest in the off-contract Flegler, including the Roosters, who are planning for life after front-row hardman Jared Waerea-Hargreaves. It seems Leniu or Fleger could end up replacing the Roosters veteran.
Fellow Sydney-based club Manly last year tabled a six-year, $675,000 offer worth $4 million for Flegler, but the Broncos bookend would prefer to remain in Queensland.
That makes the Dolphins the primary threat to the Broncos, who are reeling from the loss of British Test star Herbie Farnworth to Wayne Bennett’s new expansion side and can ill-afford to see another top-liner go from Red Hill to Redcliffe.
The Dolphins’ package is around $800,000 a season and the Broncos, whose offer is less attractive financially, are refusing to get into a bidding war.
Over a four-year term, Flegler stands to make $150,000 more annually by defecting to the Dolphins.

Whino

Bench
If I am Flegler I would go to the Roosters. His best chance of winning a premiership and playing his best football. He is going nowhere at the Broncos. It will be a hard slog at the Dolphins.

Iamback

Coach
He could've just said he wanted fullback and Dyl has owned the spot at Penrith. No one would have an issue with it and would be wishing him well instead of this half truth thing that's ruffling feathers.

That is the issue, had he of been straight up maybe Martin is signed for longer. Who knows what happens in those 6 months of stringing everyone along

globalpanther

Juniors
@Blade23 worrying we aren’t even in the convo or?????

Buzz Monday Column:

SHOOSH

Nick Politis v Phil Gould. It’s the battle between two of the most powerful men in rugby league for the signature of Penrith Panthers forward Spencer Leniu.

Roosters chairman Politis rarely gets knocked off in a contract tug-of-war. Gus has one thing in his favour at the Bulldogs – his man Cameron Ciraldo, who coached Leniu at Penrith.
Roosters coach Trent Robinson met with Leniu recently. Like Politis, he rarely misses out on the players he really wants.

Best mates with Stephen since high school, Spencer is as good as gone. May could be next. We have all 3 covered. Just no more out though.