What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

MugaB

Coach
That's not a luxury we'll be able to afford UNLESS Tago goes to the backrow. I wanted that next year but his form at centre has probably pushed that a few years into the future now.
Yeah i don't think we need to worry about tago into 2nd row, his style of attack is better suited in space, rather than one in, where there's more defenders, the best part of his game is the ability to offload to his winger... that becomes a bit harder in at back row, passing to another center/wing.. plus we have a motza of back rows, if it was upto Ivan everyone would be an ex backrower, playing out of position... tehe
And with critta on the move, keeping one great option there is better than weakening 2 centre positions, tiny should be the other centre, but again they complement each other so well

Original Name

Juniors
H

How many said hands was ready for first grade
I meant judged within the club by coaches not fans. If the club thought otherwise this versatile utility would be playing regular reverse grade in those different positions. Anyone versatile enough and good enough to do all that is regularly playing in juniors not regular reverse grade for us.

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
Would still be happy to take a flyer on Blore coming back. Another guy who could well flourish in our system, fits the mould perfectly.

Laurie is an odd one for me. May is surely first up to replace Critta. Jenkins, Cole & McLean make more sense as backups for wing/centre. Iongi/McLean/Turuva are there to backup Dyl and Cole for Luai. If he is fine to just lead the Cup team around and position himself for a gig at a less cooked club in 2025 then fine.

Looks like Falls has fallen behind Toelau, Cogger & Cole now so surely his last year but potentially a Laurie/Cole combo in Cup could be interesting, and good prep for Cole taking on more organising duties.

martielang

Bench
With Leniu on the way out, I think we need Sorro back to the bench. Hosking / Garner on the edges are good enough imo.

maple_69

Bench
May is locked in until end of 2024.

If Tago could move to edge forward I think it'd solve a lot of balance problems we have.
Martin could move to the middle to replace Leniu's impact role (but bigger minutes), Tago can cover the backs in case of injury, while adding a different skillset to the pack which we lack and then we can run a 2 prop/1 2RF/1 hooker/half bench without having a few guys in there that cover a few roles at a pretty average level just in case.

McLean, May, Jenkins, Turuva, Cole all options for centre (with work to do obviously) with high ceilings. Maybe next year isn't the year and you stagger the transition across 24/25.

WestyLife

First Grade
I'd happily take a McLean carving up in the 17 over most of them, remembering Sorro is a decent bench middle too

Fair and Leniu leaving as Martie said though McLean must be something special if he's already got this vote of confidence.

Iamback

Coach
Fair and Leniu leaving as Martie said though McLean must be something special if he's already got this vote of confidence.

For me him and Hassett both have long careers ahead. They are SG Ball age so as they develop over the next season or so, hard decisions will need to be made