What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

murraymob

Coach
Y
@Chins get the wins i guess youbwere write...

But brissie definitely have our number. They are an elite team..

Haas, carrigan, walsh, mam... they will be tough to beat next year..

If theyd kept playing footy the last 20 we lose by another try.

Cleary did cleary things and we got it done but man on man.... i havent seen us challenged like that in years..

Brissie went punch for punch..
you do know we won the game now that is what elite teams do .Broncos will be there for many year from this game but so will we be

Iamback

Coach
Haha.. still hanging on to that.. dyl was always the planned 1.. it was never staines..

The media threw out we paid him 400 when in reality it was about 320.. which was the going rate for a starting nrl winger 2-3 years ago.. now its closer to 400 to 450.

The club always had faith in dyl and saw him as the long term one..

Thats why they let daine go.. if they wamted a 1 with great ball playing skills theyd have kept laurie.. laurie is 1000× the ball player staines is...

It amazes me people still get confused about this..

There was never any talk ever... and i mean ever from the club or media that we were letting dyl go or even thought about it...

It's just a hypothesis that the keyboard warriors came up with.

Brandy on his radio show, confirmed the club had doubts about Edwards

Iamback

Coach
@Chins get the wins i guess youbwere write...

But brissie definitely have our number. They are an elite team..

Haas, carrigan, walsh, mam... they will be tough to beat next year..

If theyd kept playing footy the last 20 we lose by another try.

Cleary did cleary things and we got it done but man on man.... i havent seen us challenged like that in years..

Brissie went punch for punch..

We had injuries hamper us and still won, See how they manage their cap moving forward

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Haha.. still hanging on to that.. dyl was always the planned 1.. it was never staines..

The media threw out we paid him 400 when in reality it was about 320.. which was the going rate for a starting nrl winger 2-3 years ago.. now its closer to 400 to 450.

The club always had faith in dyl and saw him as the long term one..

Thats why they let daine go.. if they wamted a 1 with great ball playing skills theyd have kept laurie.. laurie is 1000× the ball player staines is...

It amazes me people still get confused about this..

There was never any talk ever... and i mean ever from the club or media that we were letting dyl go or even thought about it...

It's just a hypothesis that the keyboard warriors came up with.

Chins has just admitted he was wrong. He also said how happy he is about that.

I'm the first one to call out Chins when he goes off. But he's willing to admit when he's wrong.

What more do you want blood.

Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wiki

The yak

Juniors
I don’t think he’s easy to replace on the field at all.
His defence is so underrated, in my opinion, he is the best defensive 5/8 in the game.
Other 5/8’s may be better tacklers, but his reads are unbelievable at times.

Personally I’d be going hard to keep him.
So would I.
Win rate of 88.5% with Luai 77 wins, 9 losses.
Without Luai smaller sample size 53.8% 7 wins, 6 losses.

Girds89

Bench
Throw in the shocker v Storm in Bathurst 2019. The club wasn't doing its job to not have other options

The club has back ups and options for every player.

Its not good business not to have plans.

Brandy can say things on his radio show all he likes to get listens.

Imo ivan and co never had plans to move edwards. They may have been concerened about his form at times and his injuries but im sure he was always ivans number 1.

If they had really believed he wasnt going to be the 1 or had massive concerns about his ball playing it wouldve made sense to keep laurie who was elite compared to staines and edwards.

I mean people say staines was signed as a back up for edwards... but staines had plenty of issues of his own which were more concerning than dylans.

Anyway its been done to death...

Edwards proved 95% of people wrong, including fans from all teams, commentators, coaches and die hards on here.

Back to Alamonti, no doubt the club has a plan. And im almost 100% sure it will involve him at centre.. he will fight it out with may for a spot and be a solid back up if he doesnt break in..

The upside is given the length of the contract that its fairly low risk with huge reward if he knuckles down..

Crashtest

Juniors
This is a good highlights reel of Schneider‘s 2023 season. Short balls, long cut out passes, side line conversions and match winning field goals. He looks a great pick up to filll the SOS/Cogger role.

Another good thing is that Panthers have signed him to a 2 year deal, so we won’t lose him after 1 year like SOS and Cogger.

Looks like we have also found our back up goal kicker, now that Crichton is gone, for when Nathan is out injured or on SOO duty.

This is a good highlights reel of Schneider‘s 2023 season. Short balls, long cut out passes, side line conversions and match winning field goals. He looks a great pick up to filll the SOS/Cogger role.

Another good thing is that Panthers have signed him to a 2 year deal, so we won’t lose him after 1 year like SOS and Cogger.

Looks like we have also found our back up goal kicker, now that Crichton is gone, for when Nathan is out injured or on SOO duty.

I have been convinced since the announcement of his signing that Schneid’s got more upside than both O’Sullivan and Cogger.

Raiders were mental for letting him go. Now look at them, scrambling to fill a halves void left by Wighton departing. Fogarty alone isn’t the answer, Frawley was ok to do a job once in a while but not an out and out regular and not convinced on Strange long term. Schneider was very good coming through grades, organised and doesn’t seemed fazed or flushed by much.

Great signing by Panthers. Real astute recruiting.

Part of me though does think that he might be a bit like Garner, in regards to maybe take a few games to get settled into the Panthers system. So give him time to adapt people if in case he doesn’t set the world alight off the bat. It’ll be good to see 6. Laurie & 7. Schneider in the cup develop a combination.

I have been convinced since the announcement of his signing that Schneid’s got more upside than both O’Sullivan and Cogger.

Raiders were mental for letting him go. Now look at them, scrambling to fill a halves void left by Wighton departing. Fogarty alone isn’t the answer, Frawley was ok to do a job once in a while but not an out and out regular and not convinced on Strange long term. Schneider was very good coming through grades, organised and doesn’t seemed fazed or flushed by much.

Great signing by Panthers. Real astute recruiting.
I agree. Frawley has left too.

Rumours of Penrith looking at Doueihi true or just hearsay? I guess he could cover center should be be needed. Wouldn’t be on much next contract, due to injuries and not many games played last 3 seasons plus no rep or finals games played. Unless you count Lebanon representation.