What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Hmmm live on the beach or Penrith......
What’s the difference to him living on a beach now at the Gold Coast? What’s stopping him from travelling 50 mins and heading back to Brisbane or alternatively moving to the Sunshine Coast and driving 45 mins to Redcliffe? It’s all relative.

If he is deadset keen on trying to win a premiership in 2025 and beyond its Panthers or nothing. Any other decisions is just for cash and a complete waste of Panthers time.

As I said Roosters halves will not make any dents beyond 2025. Walker and Smith will not win a premiership.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Again my concern was how this plays in the media to me he will go to the highest bidder nothing to do with winning.every club wanting to talk is ending in the media

He has done it in the past. When the Titans were originally after him. it dragged out as the Broncos and Titans kept increasing their offers.
Then he tried to shake the Raiders down. Two goes by the them over the past 18 months.
Its funny. He could negotiationed weeks ago with clubs. But does so a few days before the deadline approaches.
He is still after the big score. We need to move on.

Black Magik

Juniors
Comes down to if he wants to play with unproven halves or with Cleary and Yeo tbh. Where he will play where most likely a premiership will happen.

I can’t see Walker and Sandon Smith leading Roosters into a premiership in 2025 or anytime soon tbh.
Walker won’t be there after 2025

We can match the Roosters offer but I suspect they will go higher.
If you believe the reports Panthers is higher…
Roosters $3.3m over 4 seasons = $825k
Panthers $2.55m over 3 seasons = $850k

Rumours are that Dragons offer will be in the vicinity of $910k-$930k a season for 4 seasons…

My trusted lebanese mate (oxymoron I know) says Dogs are also monitoring the situation too. There could be a $875k offer coming from them.

Who knows - I guess there will be answers by Thursday unless he just activates the clause to leave GC Titans and then plays around with the offers dragging it out which in that case pull it off the table and move on. Panthers don’t need those games.

The yak

Juniors
If you believe the reports Panthers is higher…
Roosters $3.3m over 4 seasons = $825k
Panthers $2.55m over 3 seasons = $850k

Rumours are that Dragons offer will be in the vicinity of $910k-$930k a season for 4 seasons…

My trusted lebanese mate (oxymoron I know) says Dogs are also monitoring the situation too. There could be a $875k offer coming from them.

Who knows - I guess there will be answers by Thursday unless he just activates the clause to leave GC Titans and then plays around with the offers dragging it out which in that case pull it off the table and move on. Panthers don’t need those games.

Dogs don't need him. They need middles and a halfback. Gould does like shiny new toys though.

I think its between us and the Chooks. Everyone else is just being used.
Probable chance everyone is getting used and he extends with the Titans for more coin.

That screams not today 😂

As long as they don't engage in a bidding war all will be right. Roosters will be hard to beat though they usually get their guy.
Have any of their players progressed beyond what they were when they got signed? Is Young better right now than this time last season? Is Cheese better at Roosters than he was at Storm? I’m sure Roosters cannot be beaten in financial and post playing incentives but you know where they can be beaten? On the field - in finals.

Agree that a bidding war shouldn’t be entertained. David either wants to go to Panthers or doesn’t - simple as that.

Iamback

Coach
That screams not today 😂

As long as they don't engage in a bidding war all will be right. Roosters will be hard to beat though they usually get their guy.

As I said, I am happy to see us have a crack.

As long as we don't get in a bidding war then I am fine with where it stands

WestyLife

First Grade
Have any of their players progressed beyond what they were when they got signed? Is Young better right now than this time last season? Is Cheese better at Roosters than he was at Storm? I’m sure Roosters cannot be beaten in financial and post playing incentives but you know where they can be beaten? On the field - in finals.

Agree that a bidding war shouldn’t be entertained. David either wants to go to Panthers or doesn’t - simple as that.

For non financial football related reasons Panthers is the objective best choice.