What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s poor form on the part if David Fifita whichever spin you want to put on it.

Played us, only to secure an offer from the Roosters and then back flips on them.

Just poor all round, I imagine the Roosters will be absolutely filthy they are not accustomed to being played off a break.

I was not convinced he was the right fit for us and recent developments confirm we have dodged a bullet.

maple_69

Bench
Roosters will be lucky to make the 8 next year... Actually, i dont think they will at all. Top4 is miles away from 2025
1. Tedesco 2. Tupou 3. Nawaqanitawase 4. Billy Smith 5. Young 6. Sandon Smith 7. Walker 8. Collins 9. Brandon Smith 10. May 11. Crichton. 12. Wong 13. Radley 14. Watson 15. Leniu 16. Butcher 17. Whyte

Lot of question marks on the spine obviously but that's a great pack and could definitely be top 4 if it all clicks.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't think he's purposely played anyone. You surely wouldn't go that far down the line with a club and ruin your reputation just to get a couple more dollars. Situations and feelings change, maybe he just got spooked by uprooting his whole life.

It's the whole point of the cooling off period.

But it's definitely funny.
There could be lots of reasons, but money is the most likely reason I would suggest.

Kilkenny

Coach
If you believe the statements quoted in the Fox Sports article Politis alludes to the fact the Roosters were approached by the management of David Fifita, having done the same with the Panthers either beforehand or afterwards It’s not exactly clear which occurred first. Probably both at the same time, who knows I guess.

I’m probably wrong but I certainly think we were played big time, but certainly more embarrassing for the Roosters who thought they had there man. Regardless, both clubs better off without him. While he is capable of being a weapon no doubt, he has for the most part been a flat track bully and will most likely continue to be so.

WestyLife

First Grade
If you believe the statements quoted in the Fox Sports article Politis alludes to the fact the Roosters were approached by the management of David Fifita, having done the same with the Panthers either beforehand or afterwards It’s not exactly clear which occurred first. Probably both at the same time, who knows I guess.

I’m probably wrong but I certainly think we were played big time, but certainly more embarrassing for the Roosters who thought they had there man. Regardless, both clubs better off without him. While he is capable of being a weapon no doubt, he has for the most part been a flat track bully and will most likely continue to be so.

Yes it would've been a play to manipulate the Titans into favourable terms whether that's money or certain clauses.

MrBlack

Juniors
I think he had every intention of moving to the Roosters/Panthers.

But once he agreed to sign the reality of playing in a successful team might have hit him.

Its way more pressure and training. Lets face it - he is just coasting at the Titans.

Its probably then that he just changed his mind.....

Some players are just precious and need a cuddle from coaches fans etc, while others are battle hardened and happy in the trenches. We got rid of all our "cuddle" players, and dont need any more

Fangs

Coach
They are building an awesome young side. I reckon in 2026 they'll be a top 4 force.

Strange and Sanders will both be sub-50 games by the start of 2026. Still very green (Pun intended).

But their younger players are looking really good. They've been quite competitive and in the top 8 for 4 of the last 5 seasons (Including a grand final). That type of consistency will bring them success eventually.

Latest posts