What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
Around his case or his time off, coz he doesn't seem probable that he is innocent... again the timelines on his arrest seem off tho
I hate to be the forum Police person but you simply can’t make such assumptions around his innocence or otherwise.

The timelines largely mean little either, there will most likely be perfectly legitimate reasons, I won’t bother to expand as I have listed them previously.

The May 28 court appearance will likely be short and an order may be made by the Magistrate on this date for the Police to serve a brief of evidence and the matter will most likely be adjourned for that process to occur and a new mention date set. Assuming May will defend the matter, given he probably has little choice his career is on the line, then perhaps a hearing date will be set at the next adjournment date.

MugaB

Coach
I hate to be the forum Police person but you simply can’t make such assumptions around his innocence or otherwise.

The timelines largely mean little either, there will most likely be perfectly legitimate reasons, I won’t bother to expand as I have listed them previously.

The May 28 court appearance will likely be short and an order may be made by the Magistrate on this date for the Police to serve a brief of evidence and the matter will most likely be adjourned for that process to occur and a new mention date set. Assuming May will defend the matter, given he probably has little choice his career is on the line, then perhaps a hearing date will be set at the next adjournment date.
Then don't be, we don't need a forum police, that's what moderators are for, no one here is calling out either way, so there's really no need to worry about slander

Kilkenny

Coach
I kept telling everyone these May brothers aren't worth it. This has badly f**ked our season
It’s not just footy players who are involved in DV matters, sadly it is prevalent in all walks of life including those who are more affluent.

It does have an impact on our season no doubt, but I guess in the scheme of things, the well being of the alleged victim is probably paramount and the most important consideration right now.

Kilkenny

Coach
Then don't be, we don't need a forum police, that's what moderators are for, no one here is calling out either way, so there's really no need to worry about slander
You suggested it is improbable he is innocent and I am simply saying that is just not a reasonable conclusion to draw at this point in time.

if you or anyone else wants to express opinions around guilt or innocence at this junction in proceedings that is your business and choice.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
You suggested it is improbable he is innocent and I am simply saying that is just not a reasonable conclusion to draw at this point in time.

if you or anyone else wants to express opinions around guilt or innocence at this junction in proceedings that is your business and choice.
You have consistently made fair points on this

Girds89

Bench
So youd think paps wouldve cost probs 650.

There was talk we had a 1.3mil warchest after the loses. Id have thought itd be closer to 1.1.

Re taylan. I hope he hasnt done what hes alleged off.. either way hes behaviour is concerning. Hopefully if he is found innocent then maybe he can use it as a real turning point in his life.

But if taylan does go who is probs on 275.

Garner goes whose probs on same.

Youd think wed replace those two with rookies. Geyer and Jesse who would be on no more then 150.

So probs save 250 there. If there was 450 left over from the paps signing in the 1.1 mill plus the 250 if those two go... then have 700 odd.

Not enough for burto as some would hope. But potentially enough for NAS on a 2 year deal at 450/500 odd. And 200 left for a few upgrades.

NAS or someone like his for two years is probs whats needed until patea is ready.

Edwards
Too
Alamonti
Tago
Mclean
Laurie/cole
Nath
Leota
Kenny
Smith
Paps
Martin
Yeo

Cole/Toluea
Henry
Soro
NAS

Not a bad 17 if we could make it work.

Id still like to keep tiny on the proviso he is innocent tho. Anyway im a bit tired of all the hate about him on here.

Hes still a really young kid. Hes clearly made a few mistakes. Yes hes a professional sportsman on big coin but not all these kids have there heads screwed on like your yeos or naths.

Regardless to what happens i hope he gets some support from the club re dv education and just his general wellbeing.

I still like laurie as a 6 option. Hes easily the most lively in attack of all the options and hed be the quickest youd think at the club over 30 or 40m if not the 100 too. If he can get his defence up to the standard of cole and or schnieder i think he should get first crack

Girds89

Bench
Also having nas and henry on the bench would mean you could give soro 40 mins and give both paps and marto big rests and hopefully really maximise their effectiveness

Iamback

Coach

There was talk we had a 1.3mil warchest after the loses. Id have thought itd be closer to 1.1.

Re taylan. I hope he hasnt done what hes alleged off.. either way hes behaviour is concerning. Hopefully if he is found innocent then maybe he can use it as a real turning point in his life.

Youd think wed replace those two with rookies. Geyer and Jesse who would be on no more then 150.

So probs save 250 there. If there was 450 left over from the paps signing in the 1.1 mill plus the 250 if those two go... then have 700 odd.

Not enough for burto as some would hope. But potentially enough for NAS on a 2 year deal at 450/500 odd. And 200 left for a few upgrades.

NAS or someone like his for two years is probs whats needed until patea is ready.

Edwards
Too
Alamonti
Tago
Mclean
Laurie/cole
Nath
Leota
Kenny
Smith
Paps
Martin
Yeo

Cole/Toluea
Henry
Soro
NAS

Id still like to keep tiny on the proviso he is innocent tho. Anyway im a bit tired of all the hate about him on here.

Hes still a really young kid. Hes clearly made a few mistakes. Yes hes a professional sportsman on big coin but not all these kids have there heads screwed on like your yeos or naths.

Regardless to what happens i hope he gets some support from the club re dv education and just his general wellbeing.

I still like laurie as a 6 option. Hes easily the most lively in attack of all the options and hed be the quickest youd think at the club over 30 or 40m if not the 100 too. If he can get his defence up to the standard of cole and or schnieder i think he should get first crack

The $1.3m wouldn't count Garner's money. That would be Fish's and the money we offered Turuva

So letting him go wouldn't add money to it.

Also Taylan's potential money. Wouldn't be available until the off season.

We'd get some money off the cap this year but the player is a like for like and can only be for this year

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach

Edwards
Too
Alamonti
Tago
Mclean
Laurie/cole
Nath
Leota
Kenny
Smith
Paps
Martin
Yeo

Cole/Toluea
Henry
Soro
NAS

Schneider shits all over both cole and Laurie in defence and attack, not sure why you don't see him in the regular run onside along side Nathan, cole is young, he'll be there in a few years, as too young physically to be a threat for a full season of 1st grade, he'd be my no.18, Laurie I see as our 14, Nathan/Schneider our halves

Iamback

Coach
If we assume Luron and Casey are full time next year

That gives 25 counting May

Edwards
McLean
Tago
Alamoti
To'o
Cole
Cleary
Smith