What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Girds89

Bench
We need another young 2nd rower. 18 or 19yo thats knocking the door down. Preferably a bog body. We have the work horse types.

Another back up reliable journeyman centre as well.

Youd think if we got rid of taylan wed have a bit of cash to splash.

Patea henry smith with leota as the leader for the next few years is solid. Marto and soro can cover prop to.

Garner papali marto soro 2md row so we ideally need one more there.

I think across the backs we are ok if we add a relisble back up centre.

So a young gun 2md rower and back up centre should see us looking ok for next year.

If papali can get back to his best we are laughing

MugaB

Coach
@MugaB I would rather the Bears they have been trying for ages. I don't think PNG going to work, it's all BS it has Politics all over it, players say they won't play there.
It's going to be both and one other, so if your an NRL club with young prospects like Isaiah katoa, lock em up coz there's 3 new clubs (wherever the f**k they are) that are going to draw them into 1st grade with that 12mil salary cap, and png will be the one that will have the biggest draw power as they'll be paying their local rough end of the 30man squad peanuts, and 2 mill for each marquee they can land, coz they'll have that money to spend, not us poor penny panthers

age.s

First Grade
Speaking of loose units, wonder if Horsburgh is worth a look if he's on the outer.
Was knocking on the door of Origin last couple of years and suddenly is a permanent fixture in cup. Very strange.

Agree he'd be well worth a look. Was playing very well for a while.

Frankus

Juniors
We need another young 2nd rower. 18 or 19yo thats knocking the door down. Preferably a bog body. We have the work horse types.

Another back up reliable journeyman centre as well.

Youd think if we got rid of taylan wed have a bit of cash to splash.

Patea henry smith with leota as the leader for the next few years is solid. Marto and soro can cover prop to.

Garner papali marto soro 2md row so we ideally need one more there.

I think across the backs we are ok if we add a relisble back up centre.

So a young gun 2md rower and back up centre should see us looking ok for next year.

If papali can get back to his best we are laughing
We are short a prop. Moses only turns up to play once every 3-4 weeks. If only we could convince him every week was a GF.

Frankus

Juniors
It's going to be both and one other, so if your an NRL club with young prospects like Isaiah katoa, lock em up coz there's 3 new clubs (wherever the f**k they are) that are going to draw them into 1st grade with that 12mil salary cap, and png will be the one that will have the biggest draw power as they'll be paying their local rough end of the 30man squad peanuts, and 2 mill for each marquee they can land, coz they'll have that money to spend, not us poor penny panthers
No one volunteers to live in Perth. Place is a deadset shithole. Plus the lads will get pretty sick of paying $20 for a schooner in just about every pub. In saying that though most of the players would probably just see the $$ and sign on the dotted line without doing any research on where they are moving. You couldn’t pay me enough to live in Perth and there isn’t enough danger money in the world for me to consider PNG.

Iamback

Coach
No one volunteers to live in Perth. Place is a deadset shithole. Plus the lads will get pretty sick of paying $20 for a schooner in just about every pub. In saying that though most of the players would probably just see the $$ and sign on the dotted line without doing any research on where they are moving. You couldn’t pay me enough to live in Perth and there isn’t enough danger money in the world for me to consider PNG.

Perth l will get some guys.

Likely pay $600k guys a $1m or something. So will have less depth

MugaB

Coach
Agreed, but a 20 year old up and comer looking for a starting spot, getting bucket loads of cash, to prove themselves will take a short 2 year contract to try, that's all they need till the locals start getting put thru their own systems

Iamback

Coach
Agreed, but a 20 year old up and comer looking for a starting spot, getting bucket loads of cash, to prove themselves will take a short 2 year contract to try, that's all they need till the locals start getting put thru their own systems

Alamoti is living at home while playing with us to save money.

Players won't have the family support over there, So not sure any player with options is taking that contract.

Cows, Canberra etc have the same issues

Kilkenny

Coach
Perth is a boring little town really. WA doesn't offer much unless you're a surfer
My daughter lives in Perth. Travel there numerous times a year and is far from boring, it actually is a really nice play to live. It is probably more expensive that residing in the Eastern States for sure and is a long place to travel too but to say it is boring isn’t true in my opinion.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
My daughter lives in Perth. Travel there numerous times a year and is far from boring, it actually is a really nice play to live. It is probably more expensive that residing in the Eastern States for sure and is a long place to travel too but to say it is boring isn’t true in my opinion.
I was there over 10 years ago to be fair and was much more of a party boy then. I loved the coast north and south of Perth

Kilkenny

Coach
I was there over 10 years ago to be fair and was much more of a party boy then. I loved the coast north and south of Perth
It’s a long expensive flight, but just as a city I personally think it is far more exciting than say Adelaide. I wouldnt live in Brisbane but at least it has the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast in close proximity.