What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

I've said it before and I will say it again - Tago is either centre or not in the 17. We are paying him $750k per season. He's certainly not playing well at the moment. But we have seen what he is capable of. If he can cut out what has become his customary 2-3 drops per game he is immediately a much better player.

Also, in my opinion, I've seen nothing to suggest Cole would make a decent centre.
His been there before, Laurie would offer alot more at 6 and is totally wasted at 14. Cole would do a decent job over Tago who looks lost after each mistake. Tago is still young and going back to cup will do him alot of good. But in saying that this year may not be the right time to switch.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Completely agree. I thought he was strong at 6 in a shit aide at the tigers.

Yes theres parts of his game hed need to develop. Defence obviously.

I think hed probably need to add another 2-4kgs of muscle. Get ro arkund that 86kgs mark without loosing any kr to much kf his speed.

He is all class
He’s at that weight already.

Girds89

Bench
He’s at that weight already.

I dont see any reason why the club would lie on the page.

Looking at the weights they have listed for all the other players they are about spot on.

I know these weights are taken in pre season but id be absolutely shocked if hes added 3 or 4kgs since the start of the year.

Walker from the roosters is listed at 78kgs. Laurie isnt 8kgs more than him.

Regardless to the weight he is now my point stands that he will need to add a few kgs to handle the defensive side of 6 if hes going to be an option there in an ivan team

Girds89

Bench
I didn’t say he was a 14.

He’s a 6 or a 1 if I’m picking him in an NRL.

But, we were discussing what positions he can cover from 14.

You’ve done your usual blow up and here we are.

I know you didnt say he was a 14. You said hes an excellent winger. I was just curious how you jumped to that conclusion given hes never played in the top grades there.

If he was on the bench and we got an injury to a winger i think ivan would be inclined to move others around before putting daine on the wing.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Looking at the weights they have listed for all the other players they are about spot on.

I know these weights are taken in pre season but id be absolutely shocked if hes added 3 or 4kgs since the start of the year.

Regardless to the weight he is now my point stands that he will need to add a few kgs to handle the defensive side of 6 if hes going to be an option there in an ivan team
Clubs in all sports around the world lie with this stuff

Luke Bowden

First Grade
H

He told my son and his mates that he sits between 86 and 87, maybe a bit more hits the dough nuts after training.

He said that with about 6 bruhs thrown in.

Frankus

Juniors
Any news on new signings we obviously need at least another backrower who can fill in when required.
Papalii, Martin, Sorensen, Garner, Kepaoa, Riki, Geyer. Think we are fine for backrowers. Not all of them are world beaters but cup level and a few 1st grade games.

What we need is a prop to fill the massive hole Fish is leaving. He is our biggest loss since Fittler. Crichton could well prove me wrong on that though. Our middle rotation next season is going to be pretty average. Leota, Henry, Smith and whoever impresses in preseason. Ordinary.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I know you didnt say he was a 14. You said hes an excellent winger. I was just curious how you jumped to that conclusion given hes never played in the top grades there.

If he was on the bench and we got an injury to a winger i think ivan would be inclined to move others around before putting daine on the wing.
Yep….. you’ve said that quite a few times now we get it. You don’t think Ivan would put Daine Laurie on the wing.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Papalii, Martin, Sorensen, Garner, Kepaoa, Riki, Geyer. Think we are fine for backrowers. Not all of them are world beaters but cup level and a few 1st grade games.

What we need is a prop to fill the massive hole Fish is leaving. He is our biggest loss since Fittler. Crichton could well prove me wrong on that though. Our middle rotation next season is going to be pretty average. Leota, Henry, Smith and whoever impresses in preseason. Ordinary.

I disagree about Smith and Henry Both have improved out of sight during this season. We already know what leota brings. Add in another pre season, and they will fill the void well, Add in then the new kid who debuted last weekend to the bench. Sweet.

I disagree about Smith and Henry Both have improved out of sight during this season. We already know what leota brings. Add in another pre season, and they will fill the void well, Add in then the new kid who debuted last weekend to the bench. Sweet.
I agree. Smith nearly always hits his front, and Henry has a great mobile.

Hopefully neither ever play second row ever again…

Latest posts