What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Vic Mackey

Referee
Highly rated coming out of sg ball(he is still very young) he not really kicked on. Recently hes been in and out of cup while another flegg edge has come up and taking his spot. He definitely has talent but hes very small for an edge forward, needs to puit on weight.

FFS we love a small edge forward, I’ve always said if you can sign a good small player or an average big player you sign the average big one. Our idiots never learn.

betcats

Referee
FFS we love a small edge forward, I’ve always said if you can sign a good small player or an average big player you sign the average big one. Our idiots never learn.

He could be good signing just size holding him back atm. If it makes you feel better he was chased hard by the dolphins a couple years ago before penrith convinced him to stay.

Fangs

Coach
Still no confirmation on the rumour.

But as a side argument I agree that a winger is easier to replace than a prop. It doesn't diminish the work of To'o. He has clearly been the best winger in the world for a few season now. Like Crichton his ability to play both sides of the field is under valued. He is an excellent defender and he is an outstanding finisher.

His one deficiency is his height and our team does a great job covering the high ball on his side. Most teams don't even get a clear shot at him.

In this hypothetical I reckon 50k-100k a year upgrade can't hurt that much. We have won comps recently while simultaneously paying off 2-3 players at other clubs and it worked out alright. I don't see the difference if we 'overpay' To'o. It's 3 seasons 25-27 and by then if he is starting to slide we move on.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Player managers can be useful I guess but surely any gun player with power would back himself to get a deal done without one. Not hard to pay a lawyer for a few days work over the ridiculous % those merkins get

betcats

Referee
Player managers can be useful I guess but surely any gun player with power would back himself to get a deal done without one. Not hard to pay a lawyer for a few days work over the ridiculous % those merkins get

I think most players could negotiate with one club assuming they know that club really wants them but like any 3rd party deals they would have to work out on their own and if you are a player who isnt in a lot of demand you've gotta ring around to other clubs trying to get interest etc. And then there are the powerful managers who can almost force clubs to sign players they dont really need.

Fangs

Coach

It can be a major distraction for the player.

Asking for a release is a distraction fullstop but when a manager handles it you can focus on your football better. That is why it's in our interests to settle this quickly we have a premiership to win.

Pantherjim.

Referee
This pretty much confirms the rumours .dont release him offer him a bit more money that should helpView attachment 91760

Meeting set up by Liam Ayoub:

Brian Fletcher: Sorry Bizza, but you’re contracted to Penrith until the end of season 2027, there’s your signature right there. Was there anything else?
Brian To’o and Liam Ayoub: Um…. no all good.
Brian Fletcher: Have a wonderful day at training Bizza!
Brian To’o: Thanks boss!

MugaB

Coach
Meeting set up by Liam Ayoub:

Brian Fletcher: Sorry Bizza, but you’re contracted to Penrith until the end of season 2027, there’s your signature right there. Was there anything else?
Brian To’o and Liam Ayoub: Um…. no all good.
Brian Fletcher: Have a wonderful day at training Bizza!
Brian To’o: Thanks boss!
Brian Fletcher: Merv if that F@king ayoub comes thru that fkingʻ door again, hit him with that big fkingʻ cricket bat, ok?
Merv: Yes, Mr. Fletcher!

mxlegend99

Referee
The rumours were bullshit from the beginning. They’re all inconsistent depending on who is reporting it.. and what day it is.

Dribbler yesterday. Club is shopping him around due to cap pressure.
Dribbler today. His manager is meeting eith the club to explain why he is unhappy.

NRL360… no one has any inside info. They all just speculated its because he learned what he was on in origin. Which works favourably for us because he is on great money for a winger.

Random fans on internet…. He’s leaving to join his best friend at Tigers.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The rumours were bullshit from the beginning. They’re all inconsistent depending on who is reporting it.. and what day it is.

Dribbler yesterday. Club is shopping him around due to cap pressure.
Dribbler today. His manager is meeting eith the club to explain why he is unhappy.

NRL360… no one has any inside info. They all just speculated its because he learned what he was on in origin. Which works favourably for us because he is on great money for a winger.

Random fans on internet…. He’s leaving to join his best friend at Tigers.
Correct and To'o is rightfully taking advantage

Latest posts