What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Ozzi_78

First Grade
From what sharkcastpod had to say we don't have a lot of cash available for next year
No offence to them but not sure how they know our cap situation which literally changes daily as existing player negotiations continue or end.

We need a prop sure, he would be great but at 1.2M something else gives.

Shark67

Juniors
Haas has asked for a release so he can negotiate a new deal to stay at the broncs, not to leave. His salary has been an issue for some time now. Wants more $$$$$.

R-15-3

Juniors
If released, would he get out of paying his former manager his cut from that contract?
Then resigns a new better deal, not an upgrade ?

azzah72

Bench
Jesus Christ this is amazing.
My social experiment worked.
Bahahaha I made it up, I picked an unassuming player in bunty and claimed the sharks were looking at him and just said it.
This escalation has been so humourous to watch.
I wanted to see how much nonsense is said in this forum and this confirmed it in spades.
How good!
Bunch of shit talkers.

Would like him though.......

LOL

Tiger Shark

Bench
Jesus Christ this is amazing.
My social experiment worked.
Bahahaha I made it up, I picked an unassuming player in bunty and claimed the sharks were looking at him and just said it.
This escalation has been so humourous to watch.
I wanted to see how much nonsense is said in this forum and this confirmed it in spades.
How good!
Bunch of shit talkers.

Would like him though.......

LOL
You're so cool

Tiger Shark

Bench
No offence to them but not sure how they know our cap situation which literally changes daily as existing player negotiations continue or end.

No one should pay 1.2m for a prop ..ever ! Its ridiculous that money is even being entertained. That money is reserved for the elite spine players.

No one should pay 1.2m for a prop ..ever ! Its ridiculous that money is even being entertained. That money is reserved for the elite spine players.
Yep, "elite spine players"
Even clubs that have better than decent spine players on that cash ie: DCE and Ben Hunt, have been over paid as they are not elite.

Fekis hit ups after taking kicks ,heading to the middle,taking on the forwards I think is still relevant to the game and a good trait he could instill in NSW cup players. Just worry that Like me , he's getting old. Too old for NRL ? The tackle ,while a legend, I think NRL by now has passed him by? Maybe good experienced player for Dolphins .

R-15-3

Juniors
Metcalf didn’t play for the Jets today wonder if we are now looking at an early release with us half way through the season and using the bye week to sort out a few movements and contracts.
Miller, Trindal and possibly Dykes now seen as enough depth to move him.

Go Nulla

Bench
Metcalf didn’t play for the Jets today wonder if we are now looking at an early release with us half way through the season and using the bye week to sort out a few movements and contracts.
Miller, Trindal and possibly Dykes now seen as enough depth to move him.
Why Trindall .... I just don’t see any upside in Trindall ?

bluefox68

Staff member

Yes, I also heard this being reported by them with a fair bit of certainty...

I just can't fathom how we could allow the following players to walk, and not have a significant amount left over...????

Fifita $800K ???
Graham $600K ???
Tolman $250K ???
Moylan $350K ???

Total: $2M

Obviously, we're bringing on Oregen Kaufusi, but I'm guessing he'd be $500K max...?

How does that work????