What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Chimp

Bench
That is awesome news. He’ll be terrific on the back of an AFB quick ptb.
I liken it to the cowboys - JT13 has only been half the player since Matt Scott retired. He was awesome on the next play on the back of Matt Scott making a dent in the line.
I also reckon that’s any small hope of AFB coming this year gone - I suspect we’ll have used the money spare in this years cap to front end a BHU deal.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
This is why it's good. His comments say heaps about what is building down there.

"I had this sort of realisation moment of having to look at the boys and tell them - if I was to leave - that I was leaving," a grateful Hamlin-Uele said in a media statement.

"I just broke down and cried and I knew just then that I'm meant to be a Cronulla Shark for as long as I can and I'm meant to be in the Shire.

"This club means everything to me, the boys mean everything to me. I love them like a second family and I'm just so grateful and thankful that I can be here for another two years with them."

"2024 is an exciting year for not only myself, but for the whole club," Hamlin-Uele added.

"I'm excited to be part of it, I'm excited to see what's happening at this club and I'm just excited to be able to add my flavour to the Cronulla Sharks.

"We have the ability and the team to go all the way. It just depends on how we turn up on the day and how consistent we are ... We're so connected and everyone's friends with everyone, so I don't see us taking a backward step."

Special K

Coach
BHU was the best prop left on the open market. If you think May is in the same realm you have rocks in your head. If we lured BHU across we would be over the moon but we take him for granted because we have asked him to be the main enforcer since he came into grade.

He now has signed for less than the Warriors offered - again! Listen to him talk about crying at the idea of telling the boys and club he was leaving. The reports between the two contracts is a massive difference. This is like the third time he has pushed them back because he loves this place so much. Also Toby signed on. We now have 3 starting quality props. You can argue Toby and BHU is not enough and I get that. But you add in AFB and you have a quality top 3. BHU can still try and be the man but he also has AFB beside him. Toby on less minutes. Oh and you still have Hunt, Williams(assuming he sticks around), Hazleton they'll pick up the option on.

This is a huge re-signing that really firms up the vision for what they want to do in 2025. Also we only have
Jayden Berrell, Billy Burns, Jesse Colquhoun, Kayal Iro, Niwhai Puru, Siteni Taukamo and Jack Williams left on the market. Brilliant. Just f**king brilliant locking up our core and adding AFB. Yes we need more but still to handle all the upgrades across almost the entire squad and not lose a starter is impressive.

Wish we had AFB now though ffs.

Last edited:

Weaponhead

Coach
BHU was the best prop left on the open market. If you think May is in the same realm you have rocks in your head. If we lured BHU across we would be over the moon but we take him for granted because we have asked him to be the main enforcer since he came into grade.

He now has signed for less than the Warriors offered - again! Listen to him talk about crying at the idea of telling the boys and club he was leaving. The reports between the two contracts is a massive difference. This is like the third time he has pushed them back because he loves this place so much. Also Toby signed on. We now have 3 starting quality props. You can argue Toby and BHU is not enough and I get that. But you add in AFB and you have a quality top 3. BHU can still try and be the man but he also has AFB beside him. Toby on less minutes. Oh and you still have Hunt, Williams(assuming he sticks around), Hazleton they'll pick up the option on.

This is a huge re-signing that really firms up the vision for what they want to do in 2025. Wish we had AFB now though ffs.
Agree. BHU nor Toby are a number 1 prop in a top side but they are good as a 2 or 3. It's a quality rotation with Hunt, Kaufusi or Hazelton as 4. You can't have too many quality middles given injuries and suspensions will happen.

Chimp

Bench

This is a huge re-signing that really firms up the vision for what they want to do in 2025. Also we only have
Jayden Berrell, Billy Burns, Jesse Colquhoun, Kayal Iro, Niwhai Puru, Siteni Taukamo and Jack Williams left on the market. Brilliant. Just f**king brilliant locking up our core and adding AFB. Yes we need more but still to handle all the upgrades across almost the entire squad and not lose a starter is impressive.

This is why it's good. His comments say heaps about what is building down there.

"I had this sort of realisation moment of having to look at the boys and tell them - if I was to leave - that I was leaving," a grateful Hamlin-Uele said in a media statement.

"I just broke down and cried and I knew just then that I'm meant to be a Cronulla Shark for as long as I can and I'm meant to be in the Shire.

"This club means everything to me, the boys mean everything to me. I love them like a second family and I'm just so grateful and thankful that I can be here for another two years with them."

"2024 is an exciting year for not only myself, but for the whole club," Hamlin-Uele added.

"I'm excited to be part of it, I'm excited to see what's happening at this club and I'm just excited to be able to add my flavour to the Cronulla Sharks.

"We have the ability and the team to go all the way. It just depends on how we turn up on the day and how consistent we are ... We're so connected and everyone's friends with everyone, so I don't see us taking a backward step."
These 2 messages say it all - what a position to be in as a club. The culture and spirit is cleary in an amazing place.
I just hope the big unit has some luck with injuries - he’s looked like becoming a really elite prop a couple of times, and has then been cruelled by injury taking away his momentum.
Over the moon with this!

My man

chewsta

First Grade
Very unexpected but great news. AFB and an angry, fit BHU is a scary pairing.
Just touching on another one of our FR's, Kaufusi in the trial against New was really impressive also. Ive always thought he was a bit soft or shy and needed a bit of mongrel. But the other day he finally looked like he wanted to trample merkins. He is massive too!
AFB, BHU, Hunt, Hazelnut and Kaufusi all playing to their potential is some serious power.
Good work Sharkies!

Quigs

Immortal
It is a good resigning considering the Warriors were going in hard to get BHU.

In here there was a lot of shit put on our forward performances last season and a lot of it was warranted too. Fingers are crossed that it all falls into place this year and we kick a lot of bottom.

Frenzy.

Post Whore

Jayden Berrell, Billy Burns, Jesse Colquhoun, Kayal Iro, Niwhai Puru, Siteni Taukamo and Jack Williams left on the market.
Brilliant. Just f**king brilliant locking up our core and adding AFB. Yes we need more but still to handle all the upgrades across almost the entire squad and not lose a starter is impressive.

Kaufusi as well. He is going to be a big improver this year, There's a mutual option there to be decided on

DJDL

First Grade
My thoughts on BHU are well documented in here.
I really don't know how to feel about his re-signing.

If he can stay injury free and consistently produce what we all know he's capable of, then it's a formidable pairing with him and AFB next year.

By the sounds of it we didn't break the bank to get it done, which is a positive.
And he is staying for all the right reasons. Which is the kind of signing you want.

Here's hoping by seasons end I'm sitting down to eat a generous serving of my own words.

Very unexpected but great news. AFB and an angry, fit BHU is a scary pairing.
Just touching on another one of our FR's, Kaufusi in the trial against New was really impressive also. Ive always thought he was a bit soft or shy and needed a bit of mongrel. But the other day he finally looked like he wanted to trample merkins. He is massive too!
AFB, BHU, Hunt, Hazelnut and Kaufusi all playing to their potential is some serious power.
Good work Sharkies!
I feel a lot of Sharks supporters don’t give this guy (kaufusi) much love. He’s good to go pretty much every weekend and puts in a shift when he’s on the field. He’s not as flashy as BHU or Toby with his runs etc. but he’s a consistent performer.

I’m wondering if the Warriors have a crack at him now or go for Jesse Colquhoun or Royce Hunt , Williams etc. They need a prop. They will keep knocking on player managers doors.

We have plenty of depth at prop now and a player might want to seek an opportunity where they will start somewhere at another team. Just can’t see us keeping all of them now. If we do, then wow. We are looking solid for a Premiership run in 2025.

Prop we have covered for next year, it's edge forward we lack in depth.
At moment it's Wilton and Nikors
Back up Burns and he is just a backup
Colquhoun he will either be middle or edge, not a fan of players switching between roles unless they are a standout.
Talakai he would have to be moved from centres.
This is next area needing to be fixed

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Meh, Folkes think McAverage is a starting lock.

Anyways Brailey is what counts, 50 tackles are great, let's see if he can run a team. Thus far just shovels to halves, I fear yet another of such coaching.

chewsta

First Grade
JC the Quadzilla signing on is awesome! I like this kid he looks the goods. Again, great work Sharkies.