What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Chimp

Juniors
I think you will find we will be avoiding Khoder Nasser and the shit show circus he brings. That and no f**king cap room.
The agent piece is something I hadn’t considered. If our club is making a conscious decision to not deal with certain dickhead agents, then that is something I’d actually applaud, even if it means we don’t even enter the race for some of the top stars. Some of those agents are toxic.
I seem to think we have some talent (both on and off field) with Isaac Moses though, if so, we do already have a toxic snake within the club.
Would be delighted to hear that our club is aware of the risks and pro-actively managing it to prevent an agent being able to run roughshod over the club as we’ve seen elsewhere.

Special K

Coach

Atkinson rewarded with Sharks extension​

AuthorSharks MediaTimestampMon 29 May 2023, 02:10 PM

Share on social media​

Joining the Sharks late in the off-season, Daniel Atkinson made an immediate impression with an eye-catching performance in his first game in Cronulla colours in their trial match against the Newcastle Knights.
Showing energy, athleticism and a competitive spirit, Atkinson scored a spectacular try and gave a clear indication that he had the ability to make the step up to the NRL if and when required.

To this point in the 2023 season the Sharks halves and spine players have helped guide the team to third position on the NRL ladder, with Atkinson left to ply his trade for the Sharks NSW Cup partner club the Newtown Jets.
However, after an impressive first third of the season in the NSW Cup, coupled with his consistent efforts training with the fulltime Sharks NRL squad, Atkinson has earned a two-year contract extension, one which will see the Queensland native remain at the Cronulla club through until at least the end of the 2025 season.
Edging closer to making his NRL debut at the Sharks with Atkinson travelling to Coffs Harbour as 18th man last week, the talented utility was thrilled to have signed a new deal as he looks forward to what the future might hold.
“It’s an honour,” the 22-year-old Atkinson began. “For what I came down here on and to be staying for another two years. I’ve never had two years, I’ve gone one year by one year but to be able to call the Sharks home for two more years I’m over the moon.
“I just pride myself on how competitive I am and just want to be a player that people want to play with,” Atkinson added.
NRL coach Craig Fitzgibbon recognises Atkinson as a young player with plenty of upside and was excited he had committed his immediately playing future to the Sharks.
“Since his arrival Daniel has fit in seamlessly, is skilled in multiple positions and with his character and the commitment he brings every day, he fits with what we are trying to build,” Fitzgibbon said. “He’s the type of player we want to keep here at the Sharks and to watch him develop even further.”

A member of the Italian team at the recent World Cup, playing all three pool matches, the 22-year-old Atkinson has played in a variety of positions in his rugby league career to date, however has been used predominantly in the halves at Newtown and is a big reason the Jets are currently sitting second on the NSW Cup ladder.
In 10 appearances for the Jets in 2023 Atkinson has scored eight tries, along with four try assists, while running for an average of 118 metres each game.
Brisbane born and bred with his junior club the Albany Creek Crushers, Atkinson had a stint in rugby union while at high school, before returning to league soon after at the Norths Devils.
His talents were then recognised at the Melbourne Storm, where Atkinson debuted in the NRL in round 25 of the 2021 season, ironically in a match against the Sharks.
In 2022 Atkinson played in the Q Cup for the Sunshine Coast Falcons, before arriving in the Shire in February of this year.

bluefox68

Staff member
I’m sure this has already been discussed…

BUT…

Riccio mentioned ((NRL360) that Matt Lodge has 3 clubs interested in him, but he (Riccio) is “not at liberty to divulge who”…

Do we reckon that the Sharks might be one of those clubs…?

Stake Removed

First Grade
M
I’m sure this has already been discussed…

BUT…

Riccio mentioned ((NRL360) that Matt Lodge has 3 clubs interested in him, but he (Riccio) is “not at liberty to divulge who”…

Do we reckon that the Sharks might be one of those clubs…?
Manly is one of them.
Would we want him, one of the Safiti's could be on the move

shadowboxer

First Grade
He would be a good addition, but flog of the highest order. So he won’t for the brief for Fitz Master Race

Stake Removed

First Grade
He would be a good addition, but flog of the highest order. So he won’t for the brief for Fitz Master Race
There are plenty of flogs in the league, and some would help the squad take them to next level and every team has some.
If we want to win the comp you are going to need a couple of them.
Have a look at the way some of those Panthers players go on, woukd we rule them out ??

Latest posts