What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

R-15-3

Bench
Nicho needs an old fashioned half at the club to teach him a few things.
Since he has been here who has he had around him to learn off?
Moylan and rookies!
I’m not saying sezer is the all that but would take a lot of pressure off him and teach all our half’s a thing or 2 and at worst be a good jets influence and depth on a minimum wage.

Chimp

Bench
Moylan and rookies!
I’m not saying sezer is the all that but would take a lot of pressure off him and teach all our half’s a thing or 2 and at worst be a good jets influence and depth on a minimum wage.
Hmmmm…… what exactly are you hoping Sezer can teach him?

Let’s take a look at his career…..

71 games at the Gold Coast as a serial loser…
84 games at Canberra, as a serial loser, but did jag 1 GF losing appearance
25 games at Huddersfield, one of the worst super league teams, and a serial loser
37 games for Leeds Rhinos as part of one of their worst teams in the super league era, where he was arguably one of, if not THE worst 6 or 7 Leeds have had in the super league era (though Matt Frawley is now challenging for that role) - a serial loser
8 games for the current Wests team…. A serial loser……

No rep footy (unless you count all stars or City v Country)….

And now he’s older, slower and shitter than ever……

Yeah, maybe he’s exactly what we and Nicho need…… or not….

Tiger Shark

Bench
Moylan and rookies!
I’d rather they do that with a halves coach and not give a halves spot to that potato.

shadowboxer

First Grade

25 games at Huddersfield, one of the worst super league teams, and a serial loser
37 games for Leeds Rhinos as part of one of their worst teams in the super league era, where he was arguably one of, if not THE worst 6 or 7 Leeds have had in the super league era (though Matt Frawley is now challenging for that role) - a serial loser

Can’t argue with that Chimp.
As Joe Friday used to say “just the facts”
Panic signings, elevating Newtown players… anyone would think Stu Raper was back in charge

Go Nulla

Bench

So I’m guessing that you are not a fan Chimp?

R-15-3

Bench
Iv said since Nicho arrived as a “7” we needed to sign journeyman half to be a kind of mentor for Nicho and our other rookie half’s at the jets. Not necessarily play more than a hand full of games.
Sezer is the best of the 150+ gamers floating around, that won’t hurt the cap.
He has played with some shit players and teams but is solid basic half something Nicho isn’t. Every half at the club is erratic and over complicates things.

Iv said since Nicho arrived as a “7” we needed to sign journeyman half to be a kind of mentor for Nicho and our other rookie half’s at the jets. Not necessarily play more than a hand full of games.
Sezer is the best of the 150+ gamers floating around, that won’t hurt the cap.
He has played with some shit players and teams but is solid basic half something Nicho isn’t. Every half at the club is erratic and over complicates things.
There is one available

Premiership winner
Craft Beer Guru
Man with the hair cut
Greatest Tiger (Yarraville)

Chad is available lol

Frenzy.

Immortal
I for one think it's a bit too late to bring in a journey man half to assist Nicho.

Too much potential fallout. The Roadside/Nicho combination has been a work in progress for years and it's too early to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Bring in a journeyman and expect said journeyman to take minimum wage and play for Newtown might be unrealistic. Also if such a half was brought in to mentor Nicho as a half the import would probably need to play 6 in the NRL. Then we probably have to shed Roadside or Dinner Ale at a time where they are starting to develop into first graders.

Also to do so now is looking for a quick fix when there probably isn't one. I think there's more chance to win a comp through persistence than bringing in a Chad or a Sezer as I don't see them bringing home the bacon either.

Probably missed the boat on this strategy by ignoring Hutcho. Look what he's done at the 'Dogs. Not that I was an advocate to sign him but it's been a great move by Ciro.

I'm leaning more towards swapping Roadside and Nicho if the situation was dire, which I don't think is the fact. Not in favour of ditching Kennedy, he's one of the most consistent players we have. Not his fault he often gets let down by poor play in from of him.

bluefox68

Staff member
I'm leaning more towards swapping Roadside and Nicho if the situation was dire, which I don't think is the fact.
Thank you!

I suggested this and got shot down, with the argument that 6 and 7 are identical. I’m not so lacking in intelligence that I can’t comprehend the concept of two players having responsibility for two sides of the field, but there IS a difference between a controlling half and a running half.

Many teams like to have the controlling half as the 7 and the running half as the 6.

Which means that there is merit to the idea of having Trindall play 7 and Hynes play 6.

I don't have faith in roadside another panicky player, we have to many of these type heads drop business.

I know Fitz won't this year I want to see Pollard we got him from Panthers he apparently can play, funny that Bennett threw Katoa in and he has gone ok

Tiger Shark

Bench
I don't have faith in roadside another panicky player, we have to many of these type heads drop business.

I know Fitz won't this year I want to see Pollard we got him from Panthers he apparently can play, funny that Bennett threw Katoa in and he has gone ok
And Katoa is a great prospect and looking promising but you can't just throw a player in to first grade because another club does it.

Polard is far from ready for first grade and needs time to develop. Like to see him play for the Jets next year and I believe he's in our top 30. We got him on a 4 year deal so there's a plan but dont want to rush him.

And Katoa is a great prospect and looking promising but you can't just throw a player in to first grade because another club does it.

Polard is far from ready for first grade and needs time to develop. Like to see him play for the Jets next year and I believe he's in our top 30. We got him on a 4 year deal so there's a plan but dont want to rush him.
Understand that it just seems we wait so long, I know team is settled but are they complacent.
Look how long it was for MOYZA to be dropped last year.
How Talakai before moved and that was more injury related.
We have Ison how long does he wait is it to Kennedy gets injured

Latest posts