What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

PJ

First Grade
Anyone who wouldn't want a Lodge or a Hetherington don't want to win.

You HAVE to have dickheads in your team to win. You HAVE to have intimidators.

Half you snorkels just want a team of altar boys.

I'm still not excited about AFB. Powder will be kept dry on him till I see how he plays.
I agree, but there is a limit.

Lodge is past that. The merkin that went to gaol for stomping on someone's head is past that. A kiddy fiddler would be past that.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
You have to draw a line somewhere.. lodge isn’t even that good anymore anyway. You can’t compare lodge and hethrington.. one is a f**kwit who should be in goal, where the other just rips people’s heads off on the field. I’d take a punt on hethrington for some intimidation.
Lodge is a good player. He'll be even better after his trip to Turkey. That might work for Phins Kaufisi too. Samson 1 and Samson 2

gaol

Reactions: PJ

1990 sharkie

Juniors
Didnt say hes the worst. Just underwhelming. I doubt he will change our team 1 bit. hes definitly no LAzzo, Webcke, Khan et al all top tier props.
I was severely disappointed in our front row this year , as I reckon we had the best rotation on paper in the comp.
Hynes i predicted to be a catastrophe, but not our props. I thought wed have seen BHU & Hunt as our big dogs & a continual rotation of our up & comers giving them time & building their games.
So AFB is underwhelming but a a rotation of hunt, bhu, Toby and Oregon is the best rotation on paper.........cool story

Mako-Ver

Juniors
So AFB is underwhelming but a a rotation of hunt, bhu, Toby and Oregon is the best rotation on paper.........cool story
any reason you left out Hazo & tualapapa? Yes, it is an envious rotation. & it appears we have upgraded from Hunt, to a clone of Hunt, who gives 1 extra minute of game time, for $500k more.

any reason you left out Hazo & tualapapa? Yes, it is an envious rotation. & it appears we have upgraded from Hunt, to a clone of Hunt, who gives 1 extra minute of game time, for $500k more.
This is obviously trolling but I can't help but bite here seeing as AFB plays big minutes for a front rower

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
So if we get 1 extra minute of game time f**k he's productive in that minute.
2024 Stats. Hunt. AFB
Meters p/g. 61......175
Post contact. 569.....1700
Tackle breaks. 30......84
Tackle eff. 90%.....96%

Doesn't seem like like for like to me

Frenzy.

Post Whore
How much do you offer the mug lair Fa'alogo?

“He wants to play fullback”: Melbourne facing contract crunch time over star duo.​

It’s unlikely they will retain both players.

The Melbourne Storm reportedly have a handshake agreement with Sua Fa'alogo's management to explore his contract if Ryan Papenhuyzen extends his time with the club.

Papenhuyzen is off-contract with the men in purple at the end of 2025 and could hit the free market as soon as November 1 if he doesn't re-sign before then.

Despite that, the Storm have made it clear they have made an offer for Papenhuyzen and have every intention of re-signing the champion fullback, who played in Sunday evening's grand final against the Penrith Panthers.

It has now emerged, according to journalist Michael Chammas, that if Papenhuyzen does extend his time with the Storm, the club will sit down with Fa'alogo's management to determine if he will see out his contract at the club.

"Matt Tripp, the Storm chairman, has a verbal undertaking with Sua Fa'alogo's manager Liam Ayoub that if Ryan Papenhuyzen wants to extend his time, they will sit back down and look at his contract," Chammas said on Triple M Radio program The Saturday Scrum.

"Now, that is not a clause in his contract; it's not in writing, so it will come down to whether Melbourne keep their word, but there are clubs circling Sua Fa'alogo. He is an exceptional talent, he wants to play fullback, and that will be a real test of what Melbourne do.

"It's the same with Jonah Pezet, and they are looking to extend him long-term, but Jahrome Hughes is the best player in the world right now."

Up until now, Fa'alogo has been used either as the backup option to Papenhuyzen or off the bench in certain circumstances, but his push for more playing time in the Victorian capital - or at another club - is undeniable, and the rumours of clubs circling is sure to add to the tension and uneasiness in Melbourne over his future.

Fa'alogo only recently re-signed with the Storm and is due to be on a contract until at least the end of 2028.

Quigs

Immortal
If there is one player that I don't like in the NRL is that lair Faálogo.

He is quite a few floggings from being a half decent bloke to me. He reminds me of those smug deadshit yank basket ballers. Heads stuck so far up their own arses that they can't breath.

Gawd I hope some one flogs him in a game. Frontier style even.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
If there is one player that I don't like in the NRL is that lair Faálogo.

He is quite a few floggings from being a half decent bloke to me. He reminds me of those smug deadshit yank basket ballers. Heads stuck so far up their own arses that they can't breath.

Gawd I hope some one flogs him in a game. Frontier style even.
He reminds me of the Sweet Transvestite from Brisbane in terms of mug lairiness.

He was shit against Newtown in the reggies GF BTW.

Having now bagged him, he's quite the player

DJDL

First Grade
How much do you offer the mug lair Fa'alogo?

“He wants to play fullback”: Melbourne facing contract crunch time over star duo.​

It’s unlikely they will retain both players.

The Melbourne Storm reportedly have a handshake agreement with Sua Fa'alogo's management to explore his contract if Ryan Papenhuyzen extends his time with the club.

Papenhuyzen is off-contract with the men in purple at the end of 2025 and could hit the free market as soon as November 1 if he doesn't re-sign before then.

Despite that, the Storm have made it clear they have made an offer for Papenhuyzen and have every intention of re-signing the champion fullback, who played in Sunday evening's grand final against the Penrith Panthers.

It has now emerged, according to journalist Michael Chammas, that if Papenhuyzen does extend his time with the Storm, the club will sit down with Fa'alogo's management to determine if he will see out his contract at the club.

"Matt Tripp, the Storm chairman, has a verbal undertaking with Sua Fa'alogo's manager Liam Ayoub that if Ryan Papenhuyzen wants to extend his time, they will sit back down and look at his contract," Chammas said on Triple M Radio program The Saturday Scrum.

"Now, that is not a clause in his contract; it's not in writing, so it will come down to whether Melbourne keep their word, but there are clubs circling Sua Fa'alogo. He is an exceptional talent, he wants to play fullback, and that will be a real test of what Melbourne do.

"It's the same with Jonah Pezet, and they are looking to extend him long-term, but Jahrome Hughes is the best player in the world right now."

Up until now, Fa'alogo has been used either as the backup option to Papenhuyzen or off the bench in certain circumstances, but his push for more playing time in the Victorian capital - or at another club - is undeniable, and the rumours of clubs circling is sure to add to the tension and uneasiness in Melbourne over his future.

Fa'alogo only recently re-signed with the Storm and is due to be on a contract until at least the end of 2028.

Plays a bit in the wing, doesn’t he?
Should be in your list, IMHO.

And to answer your question, $350k tops.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Plays a bit in the wing, doesn’t he?
Should be in your list, IMHO.

And to answer your question, $350k tops.
He does for the Storm unless Pappy is out but he's an out and out fullback. Being a lair won't get someone on my list. They have to be a cunova thing. Like DWZ. Divers, nigglers, kicking out in tackles, throwing arms up while at dummy half, sledging, pushing, pretending to be hard, running away. CATS

He's worth more than that on the open market.

I'd be all in for him at around $500 to be honest. X Factor, speed, elusiveness, cocky. Game breaker

Last edited:

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Reckon he'll get 500-600k on potential on the open market rightly or wrongly. Sloan seems to be out of favour at the Goons and they have the cash. Think we're more about securing the players we want to keep beyond '25 than looking for new blood. Do agree that he's worth that sort of risk though.