What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol some people have no concept of how the salaries are paid and just say "so and so is cheating the cap"

just because canberra and newcastle are sh*t and can't attract anybody

Matt23

Staff member
lol some people have no concept of how the salaries are paid and just say "so and so is cheating the cap"

...But then dont use "brown paper bags" like other clubs we could mention:roll:

it would seem so

It is the same as what is happening with Melbourne. There is no way that the NRL wants an average Storm, so they are given a leg up, year after year. The AFL have designs on the Gold Coast, so the NRL wants them to be highly competitive before an AFL club is formed, so I don't think that the salary cap applies to the Titans. The NRL is a corrupt organisation - Borrowing a quote from Animal Farm : " All teams are created equal, but some teams are more equal than others".

By the way, is it illegal for the owners of a game to own two teams? Seems like a conflict of interest to me. I doubt it would happen in any professional European soccer league, NFL, NBA or major league baseball.

~knights~

Juniors

well I didn't mean it like that

it just seems to me that they are signing a hell of alot of players lately

that is all :)

colonel_123

Juniors
well I didn't mean it like that

it just seems to me that they are signing a hell of alot of players lately

that is all :)

Don't the Titans have something like half their team coming off contract at the end of the season?

So if they're signing all these new players I guess we can expect to see quite a few of their current squad not retained next season.

BrisVegas

Juniors
Somewhere between 50-60% of the titans top 25 (12 to 15 players) were signed to 2 year contracts when the club was introduced. Searle said it was done as a way to combat second year syndrome, keeping over 50% of the squad playing for a new contract.

Add to that:
- One of the most professional front offices in the League
- A new stadium second only to Lang Park.
- Playing infront of the 2nd highest home crowds in the league
- A stable coaching situation (Cartwright signed until the end of '11 or '12)
- Brand new head office/training facilities to be ready at the end of the year
- A competitive squad
- A terrific location for QLD'ers/Northern NSW men looking to head home

and it's not hard to see why they are so active in the market place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts