What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
Parra don't need him IMO. Burt and Hayne are more established at this point and Albert Kelly > Sammutt.

If Finch gets injured, Sammut would be a walk up start for halfback. Our up and coming halfback (Hodkinson) is coming back from an ACL injury and Daniel Mortimer is not yet ready. Kelly is 17 and is an SG Ball player.

Big Mick

Referee
He isn't seeking a release yet, but the clubs are sniffing around. And if Elliot doesn't pick him he will leave by the end of the year.

Also I believe about 2-3 months ago I said Richie Williams to Souths.

He had been in negotiations/training with them for a month and a half.

Avenger

Immortal
He isn't seeking a release yet, but the clubs are sniffing around. And if Elliot doesn't pick him he will leave by the end of the year.

Not that it means much anymore but isn't/was Sammut a Parra fan ?

Souths were chasing Sammut last year and I remember that Penrith tied him up for another two or three years.

Williams is a replacement for Rogers at the Bears. We would need to be seriously depleted for him to see 1sts imo. The talk about $200k a year that is going around is a load of b/s as well by the way. It seems that he is being put on incentives so there is a possibility that he could earn that sort of money, but it is a very very long shot. I.e. needs to attend all training sessions, needs to play well enough for the Bears to get into 1sts and then needs to play in a winning side. IMHO he won't even make 1sts by the end of the year.

skeepe

Immortal
Shane Shackleton :arrow: Raiders, so Parra Pete keeps telling us. No reason not to believe him.

Pumba

First Grade
Darius Boyd - Dragons

Darius Boyd to follow Wayne Bennett to Dragons

MAROONS Origin flyer Darius Boyd is almost certain to leave the Broncos at the end of the season to become the first Brisbane player to be coaxed to Wayne Bennett's Dragons den.

While Boyd is in Camp Maroon at Terrigal, it is understood his management team of George Mimis and Darryl Mather are negotiating a three-year deal that will see the winger follow Bennett to St George Illawarra next season.

Amid heavy speculation a deal has already been struck, the management pair last night denied Boyd had been signed, sealed and delivered.

But Mather did admit the 20-year-old was weighing up a move while Mimis was less committal - labelling talk of a done deal as premature.

"Darius is committed on Origin, he hasn't even been to Sydney yet to see whether he'd like to live there," Mimis said last night. "That's not to say he won't look after Origin, but to say he's already signed is premature and presumptuous."

It is understood Boyd stayed in Wollongong to look at the Dragons' training facilities after the Broncos' round 13 match.

Should he defect it would mean Bennett has finally secured one of his current charges to join his venture south after several failed attempts.

"We're of the view there will be a positive outcome that will see Darius secure a long-term deal with the Dragons," Mather said.

"My colleague George Mimis has decided to assist me because of his special relationship with Wayne. We desire a three-year deal, although if that's not forthcoming a two-year deal could be an option."

It is thought the release of prop Jason Ryles to French club Catalans has freed up room in St George Illawarra's cap to move on Boyd.

Brisbane remain keen to offload the winger, who scored two tries in his Origin debut on June 11, to free up funds to bolster their back-row ranks, with Tigers lock Ben Te'o the prime target.

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts