What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Juniors
:lol:

Daniel Mortimer signed with the Eels until 2010 last year. Tim Mortimer came from Belrose/Eagles reggies mid-season this year and is playing at Wentworthville Magpies at fullback and should pick up a new deal for next year on present performances - unless Uncle Noel has been fishing around Eels stocks again.

James Mortimer, unless he has been cut this season as well, is still at Belrose/Manly NSW Cup.

I think someone has confused Trent Hodkinson with Daniel.

I reckon your right too mate. That then supports my 2nd last post in this thread even MORE.

The Colonel

Immortal
Pissed, as are many, that he is going. Was playing Premier League in 2006 when injuries pushed other players up the ladder and was playing damn well. Would have been very useful this year had he not needed a total knee reconstruction at the start of the season that ruled him out for the whole year. May make it back for the finals.

Ryan

Juniors
Keating would be by far the best option right though with Mateo @ 5/8? Or do you think Trent might be a better player IYO?

The Colonel

Immortal
Hodkinson and Keating have played together for a bloody long time. Keating at 5/8 and Hodko at 7 with Mateo at lock would be a great option. With Dan Mortimer and Albert Kelly coming through however there are still some decent choices.

badav

Bench
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in his eyes.

Now he won't make the finals lol. Money doesn't always make the world go round.

He deserved the money hes on at penrith. all the younger guys (eastwood, moon, kemp, boyd) that we resigned and upgraded early last year (instead of offering Petero a better deal) are leaving the club and the end of the year anyway with the exception of Steve Michaels.

Plus hes pretty much never injured and is still going great at all levels of the game.

Jono078

Referee
Would love to see Petero back at the Broncos.

Theres just some players that should be playing in the 1 jersey.

Stizyler

Juniors
He money that Petro went to Penrith for was not a great deal more than what was offered at the Broncos. I was told that by Shane Webke.
Webcke is from a different era. he was only on something like $200k a year and never had a manager, Petero's offer was something like $50-$100k less then the panthers offered him and he is probably at the Panthers for less then market value as it is.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yep. If Petero was on the market at the right time he could demand $500k a season.

He is the only reason the Panthers have climbed up the ladder since last season. Aside from him, our team on paper is actually worse then last season.

stuke

Bench
was in the Sunday paper. bit about Canberra tried to get him back for this year due to the Carney allowance but Penrith won't come to the party. suggestions they might get Dobson back from ESL for the rest of the season instead.

The Informer

Juniors
Petero's offer was something like $50-$100k less then the panthers offered him and he is probably at the Panthers for less then market value as it is.

The difference in the final offers was $30k, and over $300k a yr, not at all insulting as you suggest elsewhere above.

I wonder how green the grass now looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.