What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend

Coach
I'd love it if we got both. We'd have a blend of experience and speed in the backline to compliment an ever improving forward pack.

Sanchez

Coach
how would the raiders backline end up if they got both.

phil graham deserves a place in the backline somewhere

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
VictorTheViking said:
I wouldnt have Monaghan in there ahead of Milne or Goodwin, which begs the question why are we trying to sign both?

Depth and competition for spots is always good.

m0j0

Bench
I can't believe how willing Raiders fans are to have Monaghan back after the abuse that was dished out when he signed for the Chooks. What next? Will Raiders fans welcome Brett Finch back when he's off contract?

Raider_69

Post Whore
m0j0 said:
I can't believe how willing Raiders fans are to have Monaghan back after the abuse that was dished out when he signed for the Chooks. What next? Will Raiders fans welcome Brett Finch back when he's off contract?

buckley chance, there are only a minority of raiders fans who want and would welcome monaghan, and even less that would even piss on finch if he was on fire

If we got both. our backline would be:

Zillman/Goodwin
Zillman/Goodwin
Graham
Whatuira
Milne

Monaghan would be in reggies and he'd have to prove himself to the club and more importantly to the fans again. The way he treated fans prior to his departure was ordinary and he'd need to make up for that

mxlegend99

Referee
Sanchez said:
another leaving penrith.
Luckily he's a nuffy. Our squad for next year is going to be very much improved ont his year. With guys who have been slowing down since 2004 leaving, and some quality signings to go with our juniors... we should be a top 8 team next season. If we aren't... it's definitely not going to be through the fault of the players as it has been this year.

Our team as it currently stands, is going to look something like the following:

1. Rhys Wesser (since Elliott claims he is DEFINITELY part of our plans next season, wish we'd go with Sammut though)
2. Geoff Daniela
3. Michael Jennings
4. Maurice Blair
5. Michael Gordon
6. Richie Williams
7. Brett Firman
8. Adam Woolnough
9. Paul Aiton or Keith Peters
10. Petero Civinoceva
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Junior Moors
13. Trent Waterhouse

Interchange:
14. Frank Puletua
15. Tim Grant
16. Nathan Smith / John Nuumaalii / Shane Rodney
17. Luke Lewis / Masada Iosefa / Brad Tighe / Jarrod Sammut

And pending on Luke Rooney, Luke Priddis and Tony Puletua, they could also be competing for spots. Rooney may find a home in the second row, but not our backline. Tony could keep his spot with his recent performances, but Priddis is on the outer with our club. So even if he stays... i'd imagine he won't be playing first grade unless injuries force him, or exceptional form does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts