What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Why would Manly want a winger..especially a slow one in Hegarty! I know Manly are stupid releasing Monaghan..but surely they can't be even more stupid by signing Hegarty!

Vicious

Bench
innsaneink said:
Why on gods earht would we want a winger, when were crying out for a 7....fair dink vish, you really dont think sometimes.

And what decent 7 is available Einstein ???
If you don`t think that Luke Rooney would be a big plus in a side such as the Wests Tigers, you too need to give yourself an upercut. Think how well Pat Richards served us and multiply that by two as Luke Rooney is twice the player Pat Richards is!!!

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Tigers do not need wingers, end of story.

Well so are you a member of the FWO (fitzhenry world order) - he's the only established winger at the club - and he is average at best.

Their other winger Tuiaki - is a complete wrecking ball and their most improved player but is essentially a second-rower.

Maybe you like their other option pensioner I mean Veteran Jason Moodie.

In my eyes tigers wouldnt be a bad move getting a cheap winger.

I would like somebody like Vince Mellars from Roosters/newtown - big, strong and reasonably good finisher. Out of favour with Anderson??? maybe at 24/25 he was too old to fit their youth policy.

Also might be able to buy out Jake Webster out of his Titans contract(reasonably cheap) - out of favour their also. Both of these kiwis would be guns at the tigers.IMO

D

Deleted member 10972

You would get value for money with Vince Mellars. Unfortunately he is behind John Williams, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Amos Roberts, Joel Monaghan, Sam Perrett & Iosia Soliola at Roosters, but personally i've always rated him, never lets the team down, good finisher, strong ballrunner, not very quick but wholehearted.

CowMan

Juniors
Josh hannay > cowboys was seen in town lastnight(3:30am) by a mate of mine (who is a bouncer at 1 of the clubs) with jason smith (the old tool is injured and is out on the town getting drunk) and was seen with peter parr today at one of the coffe shops in cannon park kirwan

super_coach

First Grade
Tigers dont need a winger-----they need two---They are the most unstable team at the back in the whole comp. Any team that employs a good kicking game directed at the tigers wingers will hit pay dirt.--but the recruitment team will be eyeing off a pl backrower who is recovering from a shoulder and knee job and is on the other side of 30

Tom Ace

Bench
skeepe said:
The Joel Monaghan -> Raiders mail keeps getting stronger

I would be happy for him to stay but wouldn't be devestated if he left.

Maybe we can sneak Whatuira if he leaves!

skeepe

Immortal
Max Power said:
I would be happy for him to stay but wouldn't be devestated if he left.

Maybe we can sneak Whatuira if he leaves!

I'm quietly confident the Raiders will snare both. The Raiders are the only NRL club to have offered Whatuira a contract, whilst Monaghan has spoken out about his desire to return to the Raiders in a Canberra Times article on Saturday.

Lime_Green

Juniors
We don't have the money for both, and it was stated in the CT that the Raiders are waiting for an answer from Whatuira before formally offering Monaghan a contract.

It is one or the other.

Papa_smurf

Juniors
i also heard that penrith winger who is contracted has been offered a 2 yr deal, as agreed by the the penrith heirarcy

Edwahu

Bench
Lime_Green said:
We don't have the money for both, and it was stated in the CT that the Raiders are waiting for an answer from Whatuira before formally offering Monaghan a contract.

It is one or the other.

The club confirmed it is hopeful of securing both on canberra local news today.

skeepe

Immortal
Lime_Green said:

It is one or the other.

The Canberra Times today stated that Monaghan will make his decision by tomorrow, whilst Whatuira is still considering his options. The Wests Tigers may offer him a late contract. I'm far more confident of getting Monaghan than Whatuira at this stage, but I still believe Whatuira will sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts