What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see your argument! 1 Marquee player per year will not put undue pressure on the salary cap. Our juniors are being looked after at the moment and if we unearth something special, then I'm sure all efforts will be made to keep that talent at Souths. Every club has a similar policy. They develop their juniors as much as possible, but will go to the market to secure talent when necessary. A the moment, Souths lack talented outside backs, so we are going to market to buy some. Simple as that. Bringing these talented players into the club only strengthens the juniors. It creates pressure for positions and gives the young guys something to aim up to. At the end of the day, however it is just a policy. If we find that we don't need to go elsewhere and have enough talented juniors to fill the first grade team then I'm sure the policy will change.

The young forwards running around the club have benefited enormously through having Asotasi and Kidwell training with them, as have the backs by being able to learn from someone like Vagana.

NGR

Juniors
The Colonel said:
If they manage to sign one marquee player per year where does that leave the juniors?

No cheap shot........ they've spent years whinging about losing their juniors and risk losing them again when they can't afford them.

different king of rabbit summed it up...

we resigned our best or the juniors our club believe will be best for souths and managed to get wing as well...
next year we will shed a lot of dead wood and resign more...

parra pete

Referee
The Teach said:
Any info on him pete? age? position?

Solo is about 16, big kid, plenty of pace and a centre. Snoopy has had his eye on him for a couple of years. The Raiders were interested in him but when Matt and Wayne moved on, the interest changed to the Panthers.
Peter Mulholland told me last week he has been picked up by the Panthers. I don't know where he played last year. He has an older brother named Moses Alone (about 18) who is also a very good player - second rower..

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Penance said:
end of 2008 will see:

Vagana retire (250k)
Luke Stuart Retire (150k)
Geddes Released (100k)
Jeremy Smith (150k)
Rest of Galuvao's contract (300k)
Hegarty (300k)

Thats 1.2million, and ofcourse we will upgrade players, but that leaves us with ALOT of cash to spend

Why would Geddes be released when Souths just signed him on a 2 yar contract this year? Also Hegarty is signed until the end of 2009.

Paul Hewson said:
Why would Geddes be released when Souths just signed him on a 2 yar contract this year? Also Hegarty is signed until the end of 2009.

Simple, They would release him because we have a number of good YOUNG forwards coming through. Hegarty signed a 12 month extension. His contract is up at the end of 08.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Different kind of Rabbit said:
Simple, They would release him because we have a number of good YOUNG forwards coming through. Hegarty signed a 12 month extension. His contract is up at the end of 08.

Just like they Released Joe? They cant just release players unless they both agree to it...

Y2Eel said:
Just like they Released Joe? They cant just release players unless they both agree to it...

We've looked after Geddes pretty well so far and I'm sure there will be any number of clubs queing for his signature.

Its the nature of the game nowadays.

Big Mick

Referee
parra pete said:
He has an older brother named Moses Alone (about 18) who is also a very good player - second rower..

So Moses will part the defence's, while Solo provides him with some refreshing support.

Baron Vo Mandor said:
Queing up for Geddes Bwahahaha!

You really should remove those predictions from your sig. your inability to accurately predict anything undermines just about everything you say.

Oh and if Parra were willing to sign Joe Galuvao then anything is possible!

Magpie Nick

Juniors
You really should remove those predictions from your sig. your inability to accurately predict anything undermines just about everything you say.

:lol: What a stupid statement.

Y2Eel

First Grade

Oh and if Parra were willing to sign Joe Galuvao then anything is possible!

He was a good buy souths still pay part his salary ;-)

NGR

Juniors
Y2Eel said:
He was a good buy souths still pay part his salary ;-)
he will be a good pick up for your priemer league side...

So its a win win for both parties...

parra pete

Referee
Big Mick © said:
So Moses will part the defence's, while Solo provides him with some refreshing support.
Moses Alone can do that. He parts the defence like the Red Sea, and Solo takes advantage. But don't take any notice of me, they call me Moses.
"Every time I open my mouth, the bull rushes".
.Pleeeeeaaaasseeee.

But take it from me Solo is a very good prospect, that is for sure.

Paul Hewson

Juniors

If that was the case they would have only signed him for one season. Geddes only late during the year signed the 2 year deal. Hegarty had an option for next year which he took and then extended his contract into 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts