What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Different kind of Rabbit said:
At least he has a sig I guess. Learn how to attach a banner you genius.

Yes, I am a genius because the site where my signature was hosted no longer exists and I can't be bothered to remove it. Oh a class remark once again.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Different kind of Rabbit said:
Mail from a friend of mine at the club is that Souths have tabled a HUGE offer to Israel Folau for 2009 yesterday. Apparently we have managed to secure a number of third parties interested in sponsoring him at the Rabbits.

Also heard that Jarryd Hayne has agreed in principle to joining for 09 as well. They are making some modifications to the contract and he will sign on the dotted line very soon.

LoL, Its always the same, "My friend told me after he/she overheard this" its all bullsh*t!, Last i heard Souths were trying to free up room and now they wanna sign both Folau and Hayne? Yeah right.

Isn't Craig Wing on a big contract?

Penance

Juniors
Agent Mulder said:
LoL, Its always the same, "My friend told me after he/she overheard this" its all bullsh*t!, Last i heard Souths were trying to free up room and now they wanna sign both Folau and Hayne? Yeah right.

Wing is on 230k.

the last time i heard "my friend said wing is coming" it kinda ended up being true :roll:

LRC

How thw hell do any of you guys know what any player is earning and the structure of their payments.

Basically......you dont....!!! Its all specualtion.

Penance

Juniors
LRC said:
How thw hell do any of you guys know what any player is earning and the structure of their payments.

If you knew my name in real life you wouldn't be saying that. (Feel free to pm me)

Penance

Juniors
smeghead said:
Souths. Trying to buy a premiership. :lol: Seems thaey learnt something from big brother Roosters after all
Buying a premiership?

Explain, we bought Wing, one player, a SOUTHS junior, and we are buying a premiership? lmao

smeghead

Bench
It's all too easy sometimes.

I was making the statement that if you somehow purchase say Hayne and Falaou that (excluding Wing who really is irrelevant in most discussions on league) and keep hold of the people you have already bought from other clubs.

Now. If you do not win a premiership until say 70% of your starting squad are non Souths juniors purchased in the last 5 years than it would be fair to say that you bought a premeiership wouldn't it?

Other than that I thought if I stir the big brother pot for a while that melon may re-appear and my amusement is than guaranteed

Penance

Juniors
smeghead said:

I was making the statement that if you somehow purchase say Hayne and Falaou that (excluding Wing who really is irrelevant in most discussions on league) and keep hold of the people you have already bought from other clubs.

Now. If you do not win a premiership until say 70% of your starting squad are non Souths juniors purchased in the last 5 years than it would be fair to say that you bought a premeiership wouldn't it?

Other than that I thought if I stir the big brother pot for a while that melon may re-appear and my amusement is than guaranteed
We are at peace without the spastic, don't leer him in.

And let's see if we do get falau, i personally doubt it.

LRC said:

Last time I checked, this thread was called "rumoured signings" so by that very suggestion, isn't there meant to be an element of speculation?

Agent Mulder said:

Mail was that we made a big offer to Folau. I don't think we will be the Lone Ranger there somehow :sarcasm:

Everyone else jumps to the conclusion that we are saying we have signed him. Odds are he probably won't end up in Red and Green, but the fact remains that we made him an offer. If you want my tip and you probably don't, but I think he will end up at the Bronco's as last I heard he was feeling homesick. I would imagine the Bronco's should be able to scrape together a fair package for someone of that calibre as well.

NGR

Juniors
smeghead said:

f**k your a douche bag...

where the f*ck did you come up with 70%...

f*ck it, your just a drop kick :lol:

smeghead

Bench
So no valid answer on whether you would consider that figure buying a premiership.

FTR the figure of 70% was something I reached as an example because if a club who claims to pride itself on juniors was to win a premiership with 70% of their players being purchased from other clubs within the 5 previous years than it would show that said previous statements were a fraud and that they are doing no worse than they have so long accused their neighbour the Sydney Roosters of doing. No need to get your knickers in a twist princess

No real suprise that dismissive attempted insults are your only comeback. Anything else may require thought and intellectually engaging your brain. To much to expect really.

Its amazing that all you have is insults. Than again not really

Penance

Juniors
smeghead said:
So no valid answer on whether you would consider that figure buying a premiership.

FTR the figure of 70% was something I reached as an example because if a club who claims to pride itself on juniors was to win a premiership with 70% of their players being purchased from other clubs within the 5 previous years than it would show that said previous statements were a fraud and that they are doing no worse than they have so long accused their neighbour the Sydney Roosters of doing. No need to get your knickers in a twist princess

No real suprise that dismissive attempted insults are your only comeback. Anything else may require thought and intellectually engaging your brain. To much to expect really.

Let's see the players we have on hand when we do win a premiership.

If i was a tigers fan id be worried about the amount of players leaving your club year by year.

smeghead

Bench
Oh I am. Not only the amount but the level of experience that is leaving at the same time. But it is a strange game so you never know.

When/If your next premiership rolls around it will be interesting to see. I was, in fact, trying to see what Souths fans reaction to the scenario I presented would be. Some got it, some didn't

NGR

Juniors
smeghead said:

tark read more threads...

merrit taloana faolongo manuf**koa gordon champion mcpherson paea pettybourne sutton the list goes on...

we are buying 1 marquee player a year you still sit back and take cheap shots saying we are buying a priemership...

:crazy:

smeghead

Bench
re-read the post just prior to your last one. I was not accusing Souths of anything. Justing trying to guage reaction if it were the case. Would it mean more if you had done it in the days before PHAC & Rusty etc etc.

Champion? A very good PL player but an absolute first grade nuffie (My opinion of course)

NGR

Juniors
smeghead said:
re-read the post just prior to your last one. I was not accusing Souths of anything. Justing trying to guage reaction if it were the case. Would it mean more if you had done it in the days before PHAC & Rusty etc etc.

Champion? A very good PL player but an absolute first grade nuffie (My opinion of course)
In the days before HAC we wouldn't be able to keep our juniors net alone sign a marquee...

now we are securing our juniors and signing a marquee... so i dont see how we are buying a priemership...

champion is rubbish but he made 1st grade this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts