What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collateral

Coach
NikkiShark said:
he's a fullback/winger. if he has an injury free year, he should be a good signing..

I think I've seen him play a few times, in the past two years.
was released mid 2007 and went to Belrose.. I believe he played one or two games in the Jim Beam Cup... before he got injured again..

was because he was sitting on the sidelines injured...
and when he did play, it was mainly off the bench.

Yeah he's a great player when fully fit and playing to his ability. Hope the Bulldogs develop him well.

yappy

Bench
Aho definitely was trialling. Good big unit who looks like he hits it up hard. Don't think he has a contract yet, but seemed on first impression a surprisingly good prospect for a union forward. Would play front row.

Do you think all these Parramatta fans are starting to sweat now that the supposed deadline for Hayne to sign with Parra has passed? All the fans on the Parra forum were 100% sure that he would sign last week.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Different kind of Rabbit said:
Do you think all these Parramatta fans are starting to sweat now that the supposed deadline for Hayne to sign with Parra has passed? All the fans on the Parra forum were 100% sure that he would sign last week.

Not really now that souths are in the market for Gidley aswell...

Stagger eel

Staff member

not really - We all now he's going to Souths, you've been telling us all along.

btw, there was no deadline put in place to sign Hayne...

The Colonel

Immortal

Seeing that Gidley is now being pursued you would have to wonder whether or not Hayne was actually going to sign with Souths now either........ I mean with Wing and Paea in the halves already and Gidley seemingly making a good home for himself at fullback it would appear that maybe Souths missed out too?

eelavation said:
not really - We all now he's going to Souths, you've been telling us all along.

btw, there was no deadline put in place to sign Hayne...

Perhaps not officially, but all the "supposedly in the know ;-) " fans on your Parra forum have come out with a stack of supposed dealines over the last few weeks, with one guy, (I can't remember who exactly, and I can't be bothered going back through all the posts) saying that he guaranteed an announcement last Friday. The longer it drags out the more likely it looks that he will end up somewhere. We could fit both he and Gidley under the cap for 2009. Can't see Gidley leaving Newcastle though.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Perhaps not officially, but all the "supposedly in the know ;-) " fans on your Parra forum have come out with a stack of supposed dealines over the last few weeks, with one guy, (I can't remember who exactly, and I can't be bothered going back through all the posts) saying that he guaranteed an announcement last Friday. The longer it drags out the more likely it looks that he will end up somewhere. We could fit both he and Gidley under the cap for 2009. Can't see Gidley leaving Newcastle though.

so what you're saying is that Souths fan's sources are more credible that Parra's??..

Nope! Just that neither of us seem to have any real idea of what's actually happening!! I have heard heaps of theories now from both sides and none of them have come to fruition. I don't know if he will end up with us but I do know if I were a Parra fan and I wanted him to stay, I'd be nervous that he hadn't signed by now.

stuke

Bench
but hasn't Hayne already signed with Souths back in August???

i thought he was also locked into a leading role in Gladiator 2 with Rusty as well as hanging about at Nana Glen.

all because he bought a place in Maroubra and Danny Weidler said so!!!

NGR

Juniors
stuke said:
but hasn't Hayne already signed with Souths back in August???

i thought he was also locked into a leading role in Gladiator 2 with Rusty as well as hanging about at Nana Glen.

all because he bought a place in Maroubra and Danny Weidler said so!!!
that can be easily spun the other way...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Nope! Just that neither of us seem to have any real idea of what's actually happening!! I have heard heaps of theories now from both sides and none of them have come to fruition. I don't know if he will end up with us but I do know if I were a Parra fan and I wanted him to stay, I'd be nervous that he hadn't signed by now.

take this however way you want but I'll be on record to say that I'm far from feeling nervous about this..;-)

Y2Eel

First Grade

Ive heard he hasnt even talked to souths so there ya go...

Could be in a roosters jersey in 09 ;-)

yappy

Bench
The Mack said:
Anyone know the confirmed whereabouts of these players for 2008Fred BriggsTrent CutlerBeau RyanShannon Gallant
I had a chat to the coach at last night's pressoBriggs was going to the Magpies but pulled the pin after one week as he didn't want to drive out to Liverpool. Cutler will be at Wests - looking to play at 5/8 apparently. Beau will probably be at BalmainGallant has re-signedHas Boston been confirmed at NQ? Leo was looking at him apparently but was more after centres. Nothing on Firman. Chris Aho (Wests Rugby) still in the squad. Need to see how he goes defensively, but Leo was impressed with his fitness and work ethic.Looking at Jamie Small (ex Balmain - Canterbury) Where was he last year?Also looking for other Front Rowers.

Spike

First Grade
Jamie Small had a stint last year in France before coming back and playing for Berkeley in the Illawarra league.

Status
Not open for further replies.