What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galeforce

Bench
Re Haynes , i have seen and posted the question on rumours that he is done deal with Souths. At ths same time i have seen Eels supporters state that he is a done deal with Eels.

If he has closed with Eels , there is NO doubt this would have been announced. The longer the delay on any announcement then the greater the chance he is signing with Souths. The interesting thing on Haynes given his ability there have been NO rumours of him signing or being chased by any other clubs. Unlike Inu and Falau.As his ability is as good this does surprise me .

Could this mean that he has agreed with Souths , however is choosing not to announce until later . Does not quite make sense to me as i do not see the difference between announcing now or March 2008 or June 2008. Certainly would not expect them to keep it unnannounced until October 2008 .

Hypothetical , is it possible that SOuths are negotiating to get Hayne started for 2008? Maybe give Eels more salary cap to keep Inu and perhaps trade Hegs as part of the swap?

NGR

Juniors
Galeforce said:
Re Haynes , i have seen and posted the question on rumours that he is done deal with Souths. At ths same time i have seen Eels supporters state that he is a done deal with Eels.

If he has closed with Eels , there is NO doubt this would have been announced. The longer the delay on any announcement then the greater the chance he is signing with Souths. The interesting thing on Haynes given his ability there have been NO rumours of him signing or being chased by any other clubs. Unlike Inu and Falau.As his ability is as good this does surprise me .

Could this mean that he has agreed with Souths , however is choosing not to announce until later . Does not quite make sense to me as i do not see the difference between announcing now or March 2008 or June 2008. Certainly would not expect them to keep it unnannounced until October 2008 .

Hypothetical , is it possible that SOuths are negotiating to get Hayne started for 2008? Maybe give Eels more salary cap to keep Inu and perhaps trade Hegs as part of the swap?

hahaha we wish

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Galeforce said:

Have you ever thought that Parra are awaiting Inu's signature and will annouce the re-signings when he is done?

Parra's re-signings this year eg Mateo ( who's negotiation went for months) Tim Smith etc were all done 2 seperate groups, the other group were the re-signings of Moi Moi and other players who are the future of our club.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Galeforce said:

There is so many things that could be happening. At the end of the day we don't know. I know of several players that Souths re-signed that they didn't announce until it was signed on the dotted line.

I think the thing that he is doing is listening to all offers before making a decision. He would be stupid not to. There is no doubt that his manager is holding out a decision to get more money for his client.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Charlie124 said:

melbourne to let go falou go and pick up SBW instead (who will get released from his contract citing personal reasons - i.e he doesnt want to live in sydney everyday and get pictures of him when he is in the toilet etc.)

Gothetigers

Juniors
mean_maori_mean said:
melbourne to let go falou go and pick up SBW instead (who will get released from his contract citing personal reasons - i.e he doesnt want to live in sydney everyday and get pictures of him when he is in the toilet etc.)

Only problem is a little thing called the Salary Cap, Folou is being paid peanuts which is why they will struggle to keep him. Sonny Bill is on a good salary, you do the math:lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
clifford manua from Brisbane to Melbourne

I bumped into him yesterday at work and he was in the process of moving house to Melbourne.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Gothetigers said:
Only problem is a little thing called the Salary Cap, Folou is being paid peanuts which is why they will struggle to keep him. Sonny Bill is on a good salary, you do the math:lol:

Dont need to do the math -> sonny bill wants out of sydney and is one of the best players in the world - re: mason - teams will make room whether or not the room in the salary cap if fictional or not.

And i dont blame him - the last incident with Ridell, Benji etc will push the move even more. Im sure NRL would love SBW to go to the storm.

Well they'll do whateva the repudetly done with Johns and Gasnier.

Get it know - you math whiz

TITAN1

Juniors
Im sure uncle rupert will help the storm secure SBW...Roosters had uncle Nick help them get Willie.;-)

Gothetigers

Juniors
mean_maori_mean said:
Dont need to do the math -> sonny bill wants out of sydney and is one of the best players in the world - re: mason - teams will make room whether or not the room in the salary cap if fictional or not.

And i dont blame him - the last incident with Ridell, Benji etc will push the move even more. Im sure NRL would love SBW to go to the storm.

Well they'll do whateva the repudetly done with Johns and Gasnier.

Get it know - you math whiz

No, I don't get it know!

Prodigiousman

Juniors
joel caine number 1 fan said:
Head > Tigers

if Head and Benji can stay on he field what a lethal combo, the big 4 would be back Hodgson-Benji-Head-Farah :D

Head is about the closest thing to Prince in his style (although more kick-happy) as you'll get so there's no reason to think the Tigers can't play with the same entertainment value in 2008.

Their pack however is the big thing that will hold them back from being a Top 4 side - but 7th or 8th is definitely possible if Head is fit and meshes with Farah from the get go.

Tigers fans should be happy with this development.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Matthew Head > Bulldogs

Head halts the Super
by Darren Walton
November 28, 2007 12:00am

FORMER St George Illawarra halfback Mathew Head is poised to halt the NRL's worrying trend of having players quit Australia for the European Super League.

Already this year a staggering 20 players have walked away from the NRL to sign rich deals with British clubs. But Head is now ready to reverse the concerning situation by turning his back on a huge offer from French club Le Catalans to sign a one year deal with Wests Tigers.

The Daily Telegraph understands Head is determined to re-build his career in Australia. Head's manager David Riolo has also pitched his client to the Bulldogs but Wests Tigers are favourites.

Riolo and Head are expected to discuss the Wests Tigers' offer today before making a final decision by the end of this week.

With halves John Morris (chest) and Benji Marshall (shoulder) having off-season surgery, Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens claims his club is chasing Head to "cover all bases.''

"He wants to stay in Australia,'' Sheens said. "We'll talk to him and go from there. He plays our style of football. This has come out of the blue. He would have to re-invent himself and our contract would be minimal.''

It is understood Head, troubled in recent years by knee and shoulder injuries, would have to be cleared medically by the Tigers before being signed.

He spend the past six months with English club Hull, who now though have former Shark Adam Dykes on their roster.

"Mathew is a good organiser who has a great kicking game,'' said Wests Tigers recruitment officer Warren McDonnell.

"We've got some fine young kids coming through so 12 months with Mathew would also give them a chance to mature.''

Sheens may need to re-shape his backline should Head sign. Morris could play five-eighth or come off the bench or Marshall may even move to centre.

"We'll play it by ear. Firstly though we have to make sure he wants to stay in Australia and signs with us,'' McDonnell said.

Riolo confirmed the Tigers' offer was on the table, the Bulldogs however had not shown enormous interest. "We have to see what Mathew wants to do - he has a good offer on the table from France,'' Riolo said.

"Mathew has had a tough couple of months. There isn't much money on offer here in Australia but there might be an opportunity at the Wests Tigers.''

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22833058-5006066,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts