What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazzat

First Grade
Hannay must be pushing 33-34? He was a solid centre at best ... very surprised to read this.

hellteam

First Grade
luke odonnell will be almost the final piece in the puzizle for the sharks. id love to see him at the sharks and hopefully with melbourne having to probs release one of the big four, we could lure someone like inglis cause hes a good player. if you throw inglis and odonnell in with our side we will win the comp

Mate you are absolutely kidding yourself.

wavell_cowboy

Juniors
canberra signing josh hannay as a halfback would easily be the funniest signing by a team that i can remember. Maybe even more so than the titans picking up steve michaels...

Paullyboy

Coach
Hannay's been playing a lot of halfback over there, and with his experience his seen to be a player that can take a lot of pressure off Campese and allow him to play his natural game.

Reportedly the Raiders will be paying $200k plus for him as they see him as a key signing going forward.

Now I know you are just making stuff up. I thought it sounded odd.

Check him out, his actually on fire his no JT or Joey, but his an excellent director of traffic.

His kicking game is excellent as well.

Paullyboy

Coach
Is this the same Josh Hannay that was released from Celtic Crusaders in 2009 because of the VISA issues they were having and then signed with Mackay Cutters in the QLD Cup?

Or are you just talking out of your arse and hoping no one notices?

perverse

Referee
i'm not really sure what Baron would have to gain posting such an obscure rumour... i'd say he's probably picked up a sniff somewhere.

then again, there are some demented minds that float around these parts.

Paullyboy

Coach
I have no idea, but as far as I can tell Hannay doesn't even play overseas anymore and I'm struggling to find any sign of him playing in the QLD Cup, so I've got no idea where he's getting his information from - if I'm wrong I'll happily apologise, but at this point I don't think I am.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
much like yourselves, i really can't see it happening. bizarre rumour, though. fact is often stranger than fiction... but yeah, this one would be waaaaaay out of left field.

ThePeach

Juniors
Dane Neilson > Sharks (Pretty much a done deal)
Sika Manu > Sharks been in talks with Sika for weeks and a deal is looking likely

Raider_69

Post Whore
You blokes must make this stuff up

Hannay for halfback and we're going to pay him 200k? You're deadset talking out of your arse, for a starters we dont have 200k to offer the bloke, let alone paying that amount of money for a 34 year old who is playing QLD cup. You could sign the guy for 10 bucks and mars bar after the game.

Im not sure why Baron's making nonsense up, i would suggest to try and get a rise out of some raiders fans, but seriously, Fitz was somewhat believable, Hanny is a deadset piss take.

:lol: FTR, Don Furner has stated on 3 seperate occasions that the rumour we are interested in Fitzhenry is a complete myth too

perverse

Referee
Dane Neilson > Sharks (Pretty much a done deal)
Sika Manu > Sharks been in talks with Sika for weeks and a deal is looking likely
wtf do the sharks need another f**king forward for? sign some more backs you numpties! i want Manu at the knights ffs.

Daddycool

Juniors
I wonder if BARON VO MANDOR is Josh Hannay's online alias? Maybe he's just trying to talk himself up in the hopes of getting a contract with anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.