What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie124

First Grade
Brett-Hodgson-001.jpg
Hodgson looks like he's stolen one leg each from Arnold Schwarzenegger and Robbo the jockey!

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
:lol:

There's nowhere to hide from the camera these days they're all so fricken crisp. Combine the hair the facial expression and the WTF legs and you wouldn't think he's a top athlete.

Sleep

Juniors
Sounds like Andrew Ryan will be moving on at seasons end too. Canterbury have said they won't stand in the way and will release him if he can get a deal in the ESL.

mortz

it would mean grant millington would go to the dogs... which i understand as i have been told luke o'donnell is on the verge of joining the sharks

Sleep

Juniors
I can't imagine why Luke O'Donnell would want to go to the Sharks. Or anyone for that matter. That club is beating on deaths door and already has some quality backrowers there.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
it would mean grant millington would go to the dogs... which i understand as i have been told luke o'donnell is on the verge of joining the sharks

I think Millington is highly under-rated. Good player that seems to always put in.

There seems to be a rumour that every single player in the game might go to the Dogs. It's almost comedic.

mortz

he is very under-rated by those outside the sharks... his work rate isnt all that good but he is a tough player... would be a shame to lose him, but luke o'donnell is a far better player

Sleep

Juniors
Why are the Raiders picking up all these older outside backs? First Mogg and now supposedly Hannay?

Their problems aren't in the backline. They've got plenty of talent there. Their problems are the number 7 & 9. The rest of the team is good enough to match it with any team in the comp.

They should be looking for a hooker and a steady half to take pressure off Campese. I liked Herbert and he showed he could run the show without Campese around but for whatever reason they aren't going with him.

AB129*

Juniors
I can't imagine why Luke O'Donnell would want to go to the Sharks. Or anyone for that matter. That club is beating on deaths door and already has some quality backrowers there.

Perhaps because he wants to return to Sydney, they want him and his younger brother plays there?

Paullyboy

Coach
Why are the Raiders picking up all these older outside backs? First Mogg and now supposedly Hannay?

Their problems aren't in the backline. They've got plenty of talent there. Their problems are the number 7 & 9. The rest of the team is good enough to match it with any team in the comp.

They should be looking for a hooker and a steady half to take pressure off Campese. I liked Herbert and he showed he could run the show without Campese around but for whatever reason they aren't going with him.

My mate just sent me a message about this so I came to have a look and my reply was exactly what you've just said.

Hannay has no chance whatsoever of making our starting team. The only positions we need are halfback and hooker, and to be honest I'd be happy to see how Buttriss and Waddel develop anyway - so really it's just a halfback we need

Sleep

Juniors
And the reason why the Bulldogs are always linked to picking up players would be because it looks like Patten, Ryan and Kimmorley will all be gone at seasons end along with Hannant who all would of gone pretty close to the top four paid players at the club.

The rest of the roster doesn't exactly look expensive so they'd have a fair bit of free cash to throw around. They'd be desperate to replace a lot of those guys too.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
luke odonnell will be almost the final piece in the puzizle for the sharks. id love to see him at the sharks and hopefully with melbourne having to probs release one of the big four, we could lure someone like inglis cause hes a good player. if you throw inglis and odonnell in with our side we will win the comp

Hannay's been playing a lot of halfback over there, and with his experience his seen to be a player that can take a lot of pressure off Campese and allow him to play his natural game.

Reportedly the Raiders will be paying $200k plus for him as they see him as a key signing going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts