What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think it is all about releasing guys like Blair, Hoffman, Lima etc and replacing them with the best cheaper talent with experience to compliment their own cheaper players and maybe a NYC player or two

yes mate, I understand what you're saying but those guys you mentioned with the exception of Lima are technically still under lock and key next season and a club + a severence pay need to be established for those guys to be released.

they need to find clubs that can atleast pay their current contract amount or close to it and Melbourne will have to make up the short fall, it's a very messy situation for them at the moment and plenty of clubs are sitting back with cap space waiting to see what happens.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
Beau Ryan -> Newcastle Knights

Almost a done deal to replace Vuna who is off to RU.

The Knights also look in a good position to snag Gasnier if he dosn't head to the Dragons.

So pretty much, Ryan and Gasnier TO THE KNIGHTS.

Bicey_18

Bench
Beau Ryan -> Newcastle Knights

Almost a done deal to replace Vuna who is off to RU.

The Knights also look in a good position to snag Gasnier if he dosn't head to the Dragons.

So pretty much, Ryan and Gasnier TO THE KNIGHTS.

Didnt Ryan sign until the end of 2012 with the Tigers?

Charlie124

First Grade
So the Cowboys are rumoured to be signing Talanoa, Tate, Winterstein, Gordon and Growth? Good to see we're finally trying to fix that backline of ours. We'll be offloading a fair number of players too so id imagine we'll have a bit of money to play with by seasons end.

Big Mick

Referee
So the Cowboys are rumoured to be signing Talanoa, Tate, Winterstein, Gordon and Growth? Good to see we're finally trying to fix that backline of ours. We'll be offloading a fair number of players too so id imagine we'll have a bit of money to play with by seasons end.

When did you hear you were interested in Gordon??

Charlie124

First Grade
When did you hear you were interested in Gordon??

Its in the Cowboys forum somewhere (i probably should have specified that it was Michael Gordon, not Kevin or Isaac.)

Id be happy to sign Tate, Winterstein and/or Growth, not very keen on Talanoa or Gordon

mxlegend99

Referee
Pretty sure that's the Gordon that Big Mick thought you were talking about. Hopefully the Cowboys management is more interested in those blokes you named aswell. Panthers fans will be gutted if we lose Michael Gordon.

Talanoa has been in good form for us this year. He is very good at piggybacking off Isaac Luke's dart's out of dummy half. He is also generally the first bloke into Dummy half on kick returns and he has an uncanny knack of getting the ball down over the try line from strange and amazing positions where you think there is no way he will score the try. Very unheralded player imo and I hope he doesn't go.

Big Mick

Referee
Its in the Cowboys forum somewhere (i probably should have specified that it was Michael Gordon, not Kevin or Isaac.)

Id be happy to sign Tate, Winterstein and/or Growth, not very keen on Talanoa or Gordon

I was talking about Mick Gordon.

IMO Penrith will re-sign him this Thursday.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Would be very, very surprised if Grothe went to the Cowboys, would have to pay good money (ie too much) to get him out of Sydney.

Galeforce

Bench
hope Talanoa does not leave Souths , he is a very underrated winger and in my view there is no better non rep winger out there to replace him. only makes sense to allow him to go if we plan to sign an ORIGIN winger to replace him.
i can understand why cowboy may be willing to pay overs for him. just look at last week!

mortz

i would of thought you may be letting him go to shift best to the wings and put vai vai in the centres

Paul Hewson

Juniors
i would of thought you may be letting him go to shift best to the wings and put vai vai in the centres

Vai Vai is nowhere near the player Talanoa is. He has very poor defence. The only reason that Talanoa won't stay is because of a much bigger offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.