What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Don has denied the rumours relating to Barrett and Buderus.

He said he hasnt even spoke to them in any form.

As old as those two players may be, I think that is just the final piece in the puzzle for the Raiders to be a serious contender for the title.

Two very experience players in key positions which handle the ball the most. I really hope they do get them if they make a play for them !!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
May be wrong, but I had heard there was a certain english player from my mate at work and he was spot on usually.

Maybe Orford, I dunno, but I thought he said Buderus.

yep..

I think you'll find that Orford is the bloke he was talking about..

Orford - Parra
INU - Warriors

possably before June 30...although there has also been some denials amongst some Parra folk.

Greenbits

Juniors
As old as those two players may be, I think that is just the final piece in the puzzle for the Raiders to be a serious contender for the title.

Two very experience players in key positions which handle the ball the most. I really hope they do get them if they make a play for them !!!!

Agreed at leat one if not both (but not at the expense of our juniors). Add Buderus to our team before June 30 and we are suddenly a contender.

gronkathon

First Grade
Alan Schirnack ----> Newcastle or Cowboys

David Gower, Sean Meaney, Willie Mataka & Jared Farlow --------> Offers tabled from Melbourne

Stagger eel

Staff member
Alan Schirnack ----> Newcastle or Cowboys

David Gower, Sean Meaney, Willie Mataka & Jared Farlow --------> Offers tabled from Melbourne

that's kinda funny when you consider the fact that they should be concentrating in getting back under the cap..anyway..

Anthony Watts - Parra

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
that's kinda funny when you consider the fact that they should be concentrating in getting back under the cap..anyway..

Anthony Watts - Parra

Logically, most of those names would be to replace higher paid players, thus getting them closer to being under the cap.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Logically, most of those names would be to replace higher paid players, thus getting them closer to being under the cap.

I understand that but, but I'm talking about the timing off the negotiations.

those guys would be on second tier contracts at their current clubs and would probably still be available at the end of the year or when Melbourne sort their sh*t out..

Stagger eel

Staff member
Only one is on a second tier contract.

The remainder are not contracted to Wests Tigers

ok..then, they're on part time deals with Balmain Ryde or whoever..fact remains that they're not on much any way and are the sort of players that are on year to year deals and usually sign contracts late in the year as opposed to the more demanding full time or marquee players.

I just find it strange that they're negotiating with a club that are fighting and are under investigations for very serious cap breaches.

gronkathon

First Grade
They have been made offers. Does not mean negotiations have been opened up.

Deals are on the table from Melbourne who will be releasing more players than people think to free room considering the money they are due to be over the cap next season

Stagger eel

Staff member
They have been made offers. Does not mean negotiations have been opened up.

Deals are on the table from Melbourne who will be releasing more players than people think to free room considering the money they are due to be over the cap next season

well they are excesively over the cap this year and even more so next year, therefore I would of thought you'd focus on getting it down within the guidelines of the cap and then look at where you could recruit from there.

gronkathon

First Grade
I think it is all about releasing guys like Blair, Hoffman, Lima etc and replacing them with the best cheaper talent with experience to compliment their own cheaper players and maybe a NYC player or two

andrew057

First Grade
To all you people that seem to have gotten very upset (and I don't know why, it's as if I said something extremely harsh about him) about my comments on Gillett. Have a think about what I said. I said he is average.

Average indicates you are somewhere in the middle of the pack. Gillett (and Hoffman for the bloke that brought him up) are most certainly nothing more than middle of the pack players. He is not in the top echelon of players (heck, he's not even in the Broncos top 3 backrowers (Thaiday, Parker & Te'o) or the Broncos top 2 centres(Hodges/Folau) - hence he is average.

I can't believe how much stir that comment made, geez...

No you lumped him into the same category as Scott Andersen. Hes a great young talent and will be a star in the not to distance future.

Status
Not open for further replies.