What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patorick

Staff member
He is. Some people when watching league just see what they want to see, or are capable of seeing.

renouf

Juniors
I dunno how you can call players who are either in their 1st or 2nd year of first grade footy as 'average'? Hoffman has been a standout in the past month, so hes not average. But obviously these guys are on low money, they've only just become regular first graders.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10972

Gillett is a gun. In 8 games, 5 linebreaks, 5 linebreak assists, 3 try assists, 36 tackle breaks, averaging around 100 metres. He is killing it.

He is up there with Bolton, Aubusson, Te'o, and a few others in terms of very underrated linebreaking second rowers.

andrew057

First Grade
The people who are in love with Gillett show that Fantasy NRL really has come along way recently. Fair dinkum.

But as typicalfan pointed out, this is more a discussion about their salary, and if he is on much above minimum wage I'd be very surprised.

So far off base its not funny.

hellteam

First Grade
Gillett is a gun. In 8 games, 5 linebreaks, 5 linebreak assists, 3 try assists, 36 tackle breaks, averaging around 100 metres. He is killing it.

He is up there with Bolton, Aubusson, Te'o, and a few others in terms of very underrated linebreaking second rowers.

Don't forget 5 tries. When the Broncos play, you can really see how much Lockyer rates him, he gives him the ball so much, Gillett is always his first option, and he's always chasing him up for offloads as well.

The people who are in love with Gillett show that Fantasy NRL really has come along way recently. Fair dinkum.

But as typicalfan pointed out, this is more a discussion about their salary, and if he is on much above minimum wage I'd be very surprised.

Pfft

Gillett is pretty good imo, hardly average but no way he'd be on more than min wage

Yeah he would be minimum wage, I think it was only a one year contract, but it will go up next year that's for sure.

Big Pete

Referee
The Broncos always had a lot of spare cash after 2009 when they failed to retain Hunt, Clinton and Taylor.

Now with Folau, Marsh, Michaels and Setu off their payroll they have enough money to at least buy another marquee player and upgrade the contracts of all their juniors.

So far the Broncos have signed...

Ben Hannant - Marquee contract, worth around 350K apparently.
Mitchell Dodds - Upgrade for another 2 seasons.
Ben Hunt - Upgrade for another 2 seasons.
Josh Hoffman - Upgrade for another 2 seasons.

Still a few players off-contract for next season, so I'm sure the club will be looking to secure a number of them before the season is done.

The Brain

Juniors
The Broncos always had a lot of spare cash after 2009 when they failed to retain Hunt, Clinton and Taylor.

Now with Folau, Marsh, Michaels and Setu off their payroll they have enough money to at least buy another marquee player and upgrade the contracts of all their juniors.

So far the Broncos have signed...

Ben Hannant - Marquee contract, worth around 350K apparently.
Mitchell Dodds - Upgrade for another 2 seasons.
Ben Hunt - Upgrade for another 2 seasons.
Josh Hoffman - Upgrade for another 2 seasons.

Still a few players off-contract for next season, so I'm sure the club will be looking to secure a number of them before the season is done.
Your not wrong about spare cash..........lol

Paullyboy

Coach
To all you people that seem to have gotten very upset (and I don't know why, it's as if I said something extremely harsh about him) about my comments on Gillett. Have a think about what I said. I said he is average.

Average indicates you are somewhere in the middle of the pack. Gillett (and Hoffman for the bloke that brought him up) are most certainly nothing more than middle of the pack players. He is not in the top echelon of players (heck, he's not even in the Broncos top 3 backrowers (Thaiday, Parker & Te'o) or the Broncos top 2 centres(Hodges/Folau) - hence he is average.

I can't believe how much stir that comment made, geez...

Status
Not open for further replies.