What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleep

Juniors
I doubt Tolman was on big money or even middle tier money. He was coming off his rookie contract this year I believe?

Isn't Adam Blair heading elsewhere?

stuke

Bench
if that is correct that is a joke.

Tandy and Proctor would have been on very close to the minimum amount, so they would not save any money from off loading those two as they have to be replaced in the top 25 players.

Nielson and Tolman would not have been pulling much money either as they were in the beginnings of their careers and Finch was well documented as signing for much less than he could have got elsewhere, as well as being topped up by Parra's payment....

when you consider that they have to replace these players with players on at least 55K the only 2 who they would really be saving plenty of money on is Hoffman and Lima.

I would imagine that the new Salary Cap concessions that have come into force because of this whole Storm situation, would be helping the Storm a little as well. They'd have a few hundred thousand more to spend than this time last year because of it and that would contribute to probably three or four minimum contracts.

little_aza

Juniors
I thought I read somewhere Tolman was on 250k with us...and that was comparable to Canturbury's offer for next year...

super_coach

First Grade
if that is correct that is a joke.

They were all on minimum wages plus a brown paper bag every week

Tandy and Proctor would have been on very close to the minimum amount, so they would not save any money from off loading those two as they have to be replaced in the top 25 players.

Nielson and Tolman would not have been pulling much money either as they were in the beginnings of their careers and Finch was well documented as signing for much less than he could have got elsewhere, as well as being topped up by Parra's payment....

when you consider that they have to replace these players with players on at least 55K the only 2 who they would really be saving plenty of money on is Hoffman and Lima.

legend

Coach
Who knows but they were very upset that Inglis was being courted by the Broncos. Go figure!

nrlnrl

First Grade
How can the Dragons afford him after signing Gasnier to a backended deal?

So because his name is mentioned on this forum as being one of the teams interested in him, they're signing him ?

Anyway, I think they'll free up some money by not re-signing some off contract players or reaching a mutual agreement to release a player like Jeremy Smith.

Didgi

There is also a rumour doing the rounds in the media that once this is sorted and set in stone, the Storm will again be allowed to compete for points this year. It will be too late for them to make the 8, but early enough for them to possibly avoid the spoon.

Bloody. f**king. Brilliant.

Charlie124

First Grade
we deserve to be the way we're playing. But we haven't cheated 15 clubs for 5 years so i don't believe the storm should be allowed to get out of their punishment.

Borat.

Juniors
Well one bonus of there cheating is you wont get the spoon- no way they can shed enough players in time to be under the cap and still win enough games not to get the spoon...

perverse

Referee
would have to lol@the punters that laid down the dodgy bets when the storm scandel broke if this were the case.

will also be pissed if this happens as a knights fan... because we play the Storm in the last round... and theres this little arsehole inside my head that tells me that the match could end up deciding if we make the finals or not.

would have to lol@the punters that laid down the dodgy bets when the storm scandel broke if this were the case.

will also be pissed if this happens as a knights fan... because we play the Storm in the last round... and theres this little arsehole inside my head that tells me that the match could end up deciding if we make the finals or not.

You didn't watch the game on the weekend?

You were farked we were double as farked!!

You won't have anything to worry about.

perverse

Referee
You didn't watch the game on the weekend?

You were farked we were double as farked!!

You won't have anything to worry about.
you wouldn't believe the improvement over our earlier season form, though... lol.

you're most likely right... but that nagging in my head won't go away until it's a mathmatical impossibility. such is the burden of being a rugby league fan wanting his team to come good.

Status
Not open for further replies.