What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
adam blair is stayin in melbourne

Hard to be certain about that with stories like this floating around

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...etain-superstars/story-e6frexnr-1225891355600

Sources have revealed Melbourne will release 10 players for next season - Ryan Tandy (who has already joined Canterbury), Brett Finch (Super League), Aidan Tolman (Canterbury), Jeff Lima (Wigan), Ryan Hoffman (Wigan), Anthony Quinn, Luke MacDougall, Todd Lowrie, Ryan Hinchcliffe and either Sika Manu or Adam Blair.

beads6

First Grade
LOL poor Sharkies, Noddy should finish up this year not go back and haunt the poor shakries fans.

petetheileet

First Grade
Wouldnt be surprized if the Dragons picked up Proctor.

We are letting go Saffy, Priddis, J Smith and Costigan,

possibly letting go Lett and Emmett

So we definately have cash as those 6 players would account for way more than what we are offering Gaz. need another back rower too

Heard an interesting one this morning.

Wayne Bennett -> Retirement (with a possibility that he will take on NSW or assist NZ) Apparently he is looking to spend more time at home in Brisbane.
Ricky Stuart -> Dragons

Tom Ace

Bench

So we definately have cash as those 6 players would account for way more than what we are offering Gaz. need another back rower too

Where's Jeremy Smith going? And why would he be getting released?!

Big Mick

Referee

Yeah but those guys were not on big money. 4 on miniumum contracts, Costigan not heaps while Smith would be on decent coin.

You've upgraded the contracts of Soward etc, plus signing Gaz to a heavily backended deal which he'll be on like $500k a year for the next 3 years.

Proctor wouldn't be cheap either.

That's why I wasn't sure how he'd fit.

Godz Illa

Coach
Where's Jeremy Smith going? And why would he be getting released?!
Smith is just a rumour at this stage. He's contracted for next year, the suggestion is that his injury problems have made Saints keen to offload him. I'd prefer he stuck around

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Heard that David Gower from Balmain-Ryde Eastwood is all but a done a deal (if not already confirmed) for the Dragons. A very powerful and dominant back rower who is just as good as a prop. By far one of the best forwards in the NSW Cup.

Big Mick

Referee
Heard that David Gower from Balmain-Ryde Eastwood is all but a done a deal (if not already confirmed) for the Dragons. A very powerful and dominant back rower who is just as good as a prop. By far one of the best forwards in the NSW Cup.

Now that is a great signing for the Dragons.

Cheap signing that has the potential to excel in the right system.

Guvner

First Grade
Heard an interesting one this morning.

Wayne Bennett -> Retirement (with a possibility that he will take on NSW or assist NZ) Apparently he is looking to spend more time at home in Brisbane.
Ricky Stuart -> Dragons

That got a run on MMM over a week ago. I would think very unlikely.

Magpies Forever

Juniors

He certainly seems to be on Sheens bad books and wont get a run at WT whilst Teflon is there so he might as well go elsewhere.

saints_fireup

Juniors
Now that is a great signing for the Dragons.

Cheap signing that has the potential to excel in the right system.

And there's no better system than the Bennett system. The development of the forwards within the Dragons has been phenomenal in bringing the likes of Dan Hunt, Jon Green, Trent Merrin and Matt Prior up to NRL standard..

gronkathon

First Grade
He doesn't have as far to go with Gower which will be a bonus again.

2009 NSW Residents Players Player, 2009 State Cup Player of the Year, 2010 Residents clash man of the match making in excess of 200m in that game.

This years effort is while playing out of position at prop as well. He is by nature a powerful back rower with good footwork and a great offload.

I look forward to watching him develop under Bennett rather than being left behind by Sheens.

I rarely cheer opposition players but DG joins Lewis Brown in the ranks of players Sheens rejects

petetheileet

First Grade
I have it on good authority J Smith is going to England, and they are not issues realted to his injuries with us looking to offload him, he was offered more than 100k extra to go over there months ago and Jeremy was told we would not stand in his way, so the decision is left to him however he is leaning towards leaving.

he is on very good money...He is probably the highest earning player the dragons have brought to the club since the merge.

Yeah but those guys were not on big money. 4 on miniumum contracts, Costigan not heaps while Smith would be on decent coin.

You've upgraded the contracts of Soward etc, plus signing Gaz to a heavily backended deal which he'll be on like $500k a year for the next 3 years.

Proctor wouldn't be cheap either.

That's why I wasn't sure how he'd fit.

Saffy got an extension on his contract with us and begining the year was in our top 17 no way on minimum. Priddis was brought over on a two year deal and would have been low but not minimum.

No word on upgrade of Sowards contract...im sure it was however he never wanted to go anywhere else and im sure wouldnt be on much more than 300 - 350k

Gasniers back ended contract will be filled up from the void when Cooper retires at the end of next year. Cooper would could be our highest paid player so gaz wouldnt be adding much more than 100k to it even when it is backended. It probably wont be any more on top of Coopers anyway with the new cap concessions and third party deals.

Players will play for Wayne for less than other clubs, simple as that.

And have you ever heard of a dragons player in heavy negotiations with another club or testing what their worth??? im quite sure we are not paying overs for many of our players compaired to other clubs.

Young, Creagh, Hornby, Gasnier would all be eligible for long serving players grant.

If Smith does go im quite certain we will pick up one of the Storms back rowers

Daddycool

Juniors
Do you have a source?? Or have you read this in the tea leaves? I certainly hope so... as he's the only Storm player I'd actually want.

petetheileet

First Grade
he or cronk i wouldnt mind...

i would spew if saints signed any of the other dirty cheatin merkins....

other than a cpl of the younger kids

gronkathon

First Grade
I think that the fans of any club that signs White from Melbourne be given legal rights to lynch their recruitment manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts