What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I can sort of understand the Broncs making a play for him after they lost Falau but how the heck can the Titans fit him? who are they losing?

kwigibo

Juniors
you reckon? ...what about the amount of upgrades like Kevin Gordon, Dave Mead and the like...just doesn't make sense.

I'd say Toopi and/or Graham might miss out, (and Laffranchi was mentioned as possibly going to england), freeing up a little more. Plus the combination of marquee player reforms, overall rise in the cap, a lot of 3rd party payments and back-loading of the contract. They'll lose a few of the current top 25 next season on account of him if it does go ahead.

But I agree with the larger point, it would be nice to see a breakdown of all contracts for all teams. The player managers and teams don't want that even if they're not corrupt because it hurts their negotiotions, but it would be great for transparency.

I guess Bird would have been backloaded quite a bit as well. That would have been the only way they'd have squeezed him in at short notice.

Rogers was a marquee signing for them when he came over. I reckon he'd be on about $350k minimum. Possibly even more. With upgrades to others and Bird's back ending, I'd imagine they'd only have a little bit of that left, but the cap has just gone up by about $300k. Even if they only had $100 of Rogers money left, $400k plus 3rd parties is about ball park what the Broncos have gone in with as well. I reckon if they did sign him, you'd find they would release one or two others as well. I know Presto is on a roving commision up there and I'm pretty sure they could persuade him to pull the pin if things got a little tight.

84 Baby

Referee
We cant keep Matai, Perry and Hokko, and sign no-one. Yet Gold Coast can fit Inglis...

Perhaps the Melbourne situation has Manly a little worried :sarcasm::lol:

I guess Bird would have been backloaded quite a bit as well. That would have been the only way they'd have squeezed him in at short notice.

Rogers was a marquee signing for them when he came over. I reckon he'd be on about $350k minimum. Possibly even more. With upgrades to others and Bird's back ending, I'd imagine they'd only have a little bit of that left, but the cap has just gone up by about $300k. Even if they only had $100 of Rogers money left, $400k plus 3rd parties is about ball park what the Broncos have gone in with as well. I reckon if they did sign him, you'd find they would release one or two others as well. I know Presto is on a roving commision up there and I'm pretty sure they could persuade him to pull the pin if things got a little tight.
Cap's only gone up $100k & 3rd party payment cap doubled to $100k each to 3 players. Essentially every club with a spot in the 3rd party cap has a free $200k to spend next year. Means Titans need another (reported) $450k to get Inglis. Rogers may have been on that much...

eagles4eva

First Grade
Perhaps the Melbourne situation has Manly a little worried :sarcasm::lol:

Cap's only gone up $100k & 3rd party payment cap doubled to $100k each to 3 players. Essentially every club with a spot in the 3rd party cap has a free $200k to spend next year. Means Titans need another (reported) $450k to get Inglis. Rogers may have been on that much...

Or perhaps Manly are doing the right thing and not rorting the system to keep players?

ByRd

First Grade
Reni Maitua, Greg Eastwood, Dane Nielsen

HERE'S three names for Bulldogs fans to imagine in blue and white next year: Dane Neilsen, Reni Maitua and Greg Eastwood.

We've been reliably told the Dogs are very confident of luring Eastwood back from Leeds next year, while Maitua - albeit in Bali at present - only needs to convince club officials of his genuine desire to return to be given a second chance.

Neilsen has received offers from the Western Force and Cronulla, but the Storm outside back is now leaning toward Belmore.

TheDailyTelegraph.​

The Brain

Juniors
Reni Maitua, Greg Eastwood, Dane Nielsen

HERE'S three names for Bulldogs fans to imagine in blue and white next year: Dane Neilsen, Reni Maitua and Greg Eastwood.

We've been reliably told the Dogs are very confident of luring Eastwood back from Leeds next year, while Maitua - albeit in Bali at present - only needs to convince club officials of his genuine desire to return to be given a second chance.

Neilsen has received offers from the Western Force and Cronulla, but the Storm outside back is now leaning toward Belmore.

TheDailyTelegraph.​

Have they resurrected the Liverpool project again?....lol

little_aza

Juniors
Being a Melbourne fan, I have no right to question any other club's salary cap position...buuuuut...Tolman, Hodkinson, Keating, Tandy (albeit not on very much), and now possibly Maitua, Neilsen and Eastwood...as well as re-signing Barba - that's already well over $1mil extra.

Oh, sorry...Patten, Hannant and some minor changes to the cap easily cover it...

ByRd

First Grade
Patten, Hannant, Kimmorley, Te Maari being sacked plus the increase in the cap and a number of players still off contract who wont be re-signed have given us alot of room to move in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts