What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

BranVan3000

Coach
Yeah, and your CEO was also quoted as saying Souths have no money under the cap.
And yet you guys are suddenly experts on Greg Inglis and Souths status with the salary cap....

For the record, I would love Inglis to wear the green and red, but bloody hell some of your fans are being very childish and arrogant.
Nobody here is an expert, Richardson however is. Refuting a statement about Roy that says 'the rumours came from people ignorant of our salary cap situation.' Is 100% true, it doesn't make Rabbitohs fans experts, nobody said it does.

Some of you guys need to learn how to argue without so many logical fallacies.

boxhead

First Grade
Nobody here is an expert, Richardson however is. Refuting a statement about Roy that says 'the rumours came from people ignorant of our salary cap situation.' Is 100% true, it doesn't make Rabbitohs fans experts, nobody said it does.

Some of you guys need to learn how to argue without so many logical fallacies.

I wasn't even talking about that. I was referring to the general situation.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Was there this much if a stink when a ladder topping St Merge signed Gasnier? We are a middle of the road team with possibly 2 marquee players. We also lost a couple of players who would of been on OK money and did not sign one player from outside the club. It is obviously never that simple, but with marquee allowances being relaxed and the cap going up I don't think it would be that far fetched to think Greg would be on the cap at 300K. Crowe and Holmes a Court could easily find Greg another 300K plus some that would not count towards the cap.

Jankuloski

Juniors
Inglis on 300K? Gee.. You think he would switch for Serbia if we gave him a candy bar if you think he's that cheap?

Jankuloski

Juniors
Inglis on 300K? Gee.. You think he would switch for Serbia if we gave him a candy bar if you think he's that cheap?

Was there this much if a stink when a ladder topping St Merge signed Gasnier? We are a middle of the road team with possibly 2 marquee players. We also lost a couple of players who would of been on OK money and did not sign one player from outside the club. It is obviously never that simple, but with marquee allowances being relaxed and the cap going up I don't think it would be that far fetched to think Greg would be on the cap at 300K. Crowe and Holmes a Court could easily find Greg another 300K plus some that would not count towards the cap.

Actually there was, and a lot of it came from Souths fans.

I laugh my head off at the see-sawing approach you take to your club your team and its ability and player strength.

One minute you are the next corporate super power of leauge and the standard that all others clubs should strive to, however when convenient you quickly revert back to the battlers from Redfern a middle of the road team.

Hypocritical.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Actually there was, and a lot of it came from Souths fans.

I laugh my head off at the see-sawing approach you take to your club your team and its ability and player strength.

One minute you are the next corporate super power of leauge and the standard that all others clubs should strive to, however when convenient you quickly revert back to the battlers from Redfern a middle of the road team.

Hypocritical.

Who are you and what the f**k are you talking about?

morri (cWo)

First Grade
Didn't Richardson say at the start of 2010 that he would resign if souths didn't make the 8? Is that true?

If so you can't trust the guys word for anything.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Didn't Richardson say at the start of 2010 that he would resign if souths didn't make the 8? Is that true?

If so you can't trust the guys word for anything.

So the injuries are his fault? We had the team to make the 8, we were 1 win away from making the 8. If the injury gods were slightly kinder to us we would have made it. Richo is one of the best CEO's in the league, the club he is in charge of is the only one to make a profit and that's without pokies. He's been a part of establishing a strong and reliable membership base that sticks with the team even after a bad season. We'd be crazy to get rid of him. I have him up there with Greenberg and Searle as the best administrators in the game today.

grouch

First Grade
Richo is one of the best CEO's in the league, the club he is in charge of is the only one to make a profit and that's without pokies.
haha He's certainly got the CEO game down pat.

How to make a profit.
1 - Ask Rusty for more money

The end

franklin2323

Immortal
What did you expect Richardson to say. We have to let players go? Of course not. He will get the deal done. Wait & see. What part of the outside money is expempt & go from their. Atm the legal fees are counted in the cap. Maybe they can get that changed. I say wait & see in the next month or so

RWB

Bench
So the injuries are his fault? We had the team to make the 8, we were 1 win away from making the 8. If the injury gods were slightly kinder to us we would have made it. Richo is one of the best CEO's in the league, the club he is in charge of is the only one to make a profit and that's without pokies. He's been a part of establishing a strong and reliable membership base that sticks with the team even after a bad season. We'd be crazy to get rid of him. I have him up there with Greenberg and Searle as the best administrators in the game today.

You didn't have injuries at the start of the season and you were traveling just as poorly, i guess that was just the luck gods who weren't shinning down on you then?

Broncos might be a little shocked to hear that they didn't make a profit this year too, but who am I to let facts get in the way of your sh*t talking...

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
You didn't have injuries at the start of the season and you were traveling just as poorly, i guess that was just the luck gods who weren't shinning down on you then?

Broncos might be a little shocked to hear that they didn't make a profit this year too, but who am I to let facts get in the way of your sh*t talking...

After 12 games we were 7-5 and sitting 3rd.

BunniesMan

Immortal

I ment only Sydney club. Comparing a club that has all of Brisbane to itself with any Sydney club is apples and oranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts