What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iafeta

Referee
So the injuries are his fault? We had the team to make the 8, we were 1 win away from making the 8. If the injury gods were slightly kinder to us we would have made it. Richo is one of the best CEO's in the league, the club he is in charge of is the only one to make a profit and that's without pokies. He's been a part of establishing a strong and reliable membership base that sticks with the team even after a bad season. We'd be crazy to get rid of him. I have him up there with Greenberg and Searle as the best administrators in the game today.

Every team has injuries. At times it was like the Warriors were fielding the Manukau Under 18s and they still made the top 8. It was a dismal season for Souffs.

boxhead

First Grade
Hope he goes there, would be great for them. He won't fix their defensive problems but he will add another dimension to their already awesome attack. Souths will be hard to stop next year IMO. Good on them!

rhino2009

Juniors
Leeds rhinos sold Eastwood to the Bulldogs and got Cross from Newcastle Knights as a replacement. Gary Hetherington the Leeds CEO is curently in Australia trying to recruit an addtional player as well. Has anybody got an idea whose name is in the frame? He has been away for a fortnight and there's no information from the club on any developments. A rumour is that he's after a half-back. Any information would be appreciated.

Big Mick

Referee
Probably Marc Herbert.

on Cuthbertson, Joudo and Wright to Penrith.

I'd be stoked to get Joudo and Wright back in Penrith colours where they started. Matt Wright is a great young centre who just needs proper coaching...and eventually if we fire Matt Elliot he may get that.

With Cuthbertson. Hopefully Sam McKendry can have a word to him to show him how much you can improve with improving your fitness in the off-season. McKendry went from potentially good player, to Kiwi International in one season because of the hard work he did in the off-season shedding the fat folds.

Iafeta

Referee
Warriors were fine for injuries at the end of the year

Yeah they came good by that stage but realistically if they had a half-poor attitude to accept mediocrity and not challenge adversity they should have been gone well before that. Even then they obviously didn't get Price back.

macavity

Referee
Leeds rhinos sold Eastwood to the Bulldogs and got Cross from Newcastle Knights as a replacement.

Not according to the Bulldogs fans - apparently those two things had nothing to do with one another....

Wondering how much you paid the Knights for Cross.... :sarcasm:

rhino2009

Juniors
I don't know if the Rhinos paid any fee. I thought Cross had a get-out clause in his contract with Newcastle that allowed him to join ESL. Marc Herbert signed for Bradford Bulls last week. Any more possible names of half-backs Leeds might be intereted in signing as Gary H is still in Australia? I understand that talks are currently been held with one player.

Charlie124

First Grade
Ill just get this out of the way now to save some time for everyone...

Willie Tonga -----> Broncos, Rabbitohs, Eels, Roosters, Warriors, Sharks, Dragons, Titans, Panthers, Storm, Raiders, Tigers, Sea Eagles, Knights, Bulldogs.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Ill just get this out of the way now to save some time for everyone...

Willie Tonga -----> Broncos, Rabbitohs, Eels, Roosters, Warriors, Sharks, Dragons, Titans, Panthers, Storm, Raiders, Tigers, Sea Eagles, Knights, Bulldogs.
Oh god I hope not. Tonga is the kind of player we used to go after, now we go for players closer to 20 than 30 and whose best days are infront of them rather than behind.

jim_57

Staff member
Rob Burrow to weststigers

Interesting, he'd be a decent signing but I don't think having him and benji in the same side would be ideal.

If they were looking to England for a halfback then they should be looking at the likes of Eastmond, Myler etc who are both young, Eastmond could be anything.

AB129*

Juniors
I don't know if the Rhinos paid any fee. I thought Cross had a get-out clause in his contract with Newcastle that allowed him to join ESL. Marc Herbert signed for Bradford Bulls last week. Any more possible names of half-backs Leeds might be intereted in signing as Gary H is still in Australia? I understand that talks are currently been held with one player.

This is just pure speculation and no source involved- but Scott Porter of the Sharks could be him. He's a way down the pecking order in the Shire for next year now and Cronulla are looking to shed a couple of players. As I said though, its just a guess.

hth

boxhead

First Grade
On that Willie Tonga rumour, Parramatta are pretty much the only club he will sign with (if he takes the release from North Queensland).
Hey Charlie124, do you think it is pretty much confirmed he is leaving? The way he spoke about it on Channel 9 seemed to indicate he did want to sign with Parra.....

Status
Not open for further replies.