What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10972

Two nuffie sources have said we are after Pritchard and Tupou.

We are linked to these blokes every year, we won't be going after them.

The only realistic rumour was us chasing Dugan and Ferguson, and that is because our backline is the weakest part of the current team.

Minichiello
Perrett
Kenny-Dowall
?
?
Carney
Pearce
Ryles
Friend
Myles
Nuuausala
Aubusson
Anasta

Watts (next year)
Symonds/Guerra/Cherrington
Hargreaves
Masoe/Kennedy/Conn

And we do have Justin Carney (next year), Phil Graham, Joseph Leilua and Kane Linnett fighting for those vacant two spots, but none of them have been consistent and all three are better in the centres rather than on the wing.

The other rumour was that we were after James Graham, GB prop. If that is the case, it would have been at the expense of Braith, with Nate moving to lock.

I am 99.9% sure all these Pritchard rumours are, like they have been for quite some time, a fair way off the mark. He is loving it at Panthers.

Yeah.
Panthers fans wouldn't even need to warry. Pritchard has been linked to us before in this way. It's all bullsh*t. Ferguson sort of makes sense...
And Mack, I thought Graham linked to us ended ages back?

Ryan

Juniors
Interesting that The Roosters can attempt to get every player around, just like The Storm could a few years ago....I wonder what the common link here is???

Be careful Roosters fans....

You don't want to feel like The Storm poor fans currently do....

Interesting that The Roosters can attempt to get every player around, just like The Storm could a few years ago....I wonder what the common link here is???

:lol:

Wait...

Ok. Let's be honest. We'll be dropping a bunch of players and who have we signed? Justin Carney and Anthony Watts. Yeah. Massive dollars.

And are you new to the game? We get linked to everybody. Is it ever true? Nope.

If you're thinking we're doing a massive breach, I hate to disappoint you.

Didgi

Attempt. Do they get every player around? No. Who is worth big dollars at the Roosters? Not many players. Some might disagree, but they have a very consistent team, as in no two or three superstars they throw all the money to. Maybe Myles, Pearce, not sure what they signed Carney for. Their squad would be either 250K players, like their NZ internationals etc, or 50-100K players.

The Storm, as it were, developed their star players, then bought nuffy players and they came out good.

Ryan

Juniors
Guys - it wasn't meant as an attack....just that your (Roosters) current recruitment manager is being investigated in areas surrounding The Storm fiasco, and I would honestly hate for that to happen to The Roosters (as in what happened to The Storm) - especially their fans.

The Brain

Juniors

Hey ,is anyone questioning the Broncos who have no problem enlisting any elite player they want? Its been going on for years.
Melbourne - no on e questioned them but they got caught.
The most active club in the market for signatures is the Bulldogs
Did we sign Dugan? -no- why - I bet you he wanted overs and he was flicked by us.
we have put a huge effort since last year to sign youngsters with promise who do come cheaply and fill in the gaps with quality players.
we will be flicking about 6 this year that have played first grade been James Aubusson and Lopini Paea for starters.
The justin Carney signature isnt like the top of tree winger signing is it? if we sign Blake Fergerson its pretty much the same.
I would swap those two for Ingliss any day.
We have the current image from the eighties and nineties where we signed has beens for big bucks and got nothing.
I believe since we won the comp in 02 we immediately had to shed 6 players from the GF line up. I didn't see any other club do that -Melbourne - Bronco's - Manly etc.
Have a look at the Tigers beginning of the year they said there cap was full but since have signed Lote and Wade ?why dont you question them?
Look at the teams that are always there you fool-Broncos and Melbourne.
Oh yeah and that Pom came to OZ to play for 150 grand for Souffs-give me a break.
I dont know who you follow but at least our club has the dough to compete.
The last signings of overs was O'Mealey and that idiot Mason, club learnt a valuable lesson from that.
We are in position that some of our young blokes are coming good and we will have to up their contract and will probably lose some next year and this year for that matter.

Tom Ace

Bench
Hey ,is anyone questioning the Broncos who have no problem enlisting any elite player they want? Its been going on for years.
Melbourne - no on e questioned them but they got caught.
The most active club in the market for signatures is the Bulldogs
Did we sign Dugan? -no- why - I bet you he wanted overs and he was flicked by us.
we have put a huge effort since last year to sign youngsters with promise who do come cheaply and fill in the gaps with quality players.
we will be flicking about 6 this year that have played first grade been James Aubusson and Lopini Paea for starters.
The justin Carney signature isnt like the top of tree winger signing is it? if we sign Blake Fergerson its pretty much the same.
I would swap those two for Ingliss any day.
We have the current image from the eighties and nineties where we signed has beens for big bucks and got nothing.
I believe since we won the comp in 02 we immediately had to shed 6 players from the GF line up. I didn't see any other club do that -Melbourne - Bronco's - Manly etc.
Have a look at the Tigers beginning of the year they said there cap was full but since have signed Lote and Wade ?why dont you question them?
Look at the teams that are always there you fool-Broncos and Melbourne.
Oh yeah and that Pom came to OZ to play for 150 grand for Souffs-give me a break.
I dont know who you follow but at least our club has the dough to compete.
The last signings of overs was O'Mealey and that idiot Mason, club learnt a valuable lesson from that.
We are in position that some of our young blokes are coming good and we will have to up their contract and will probably lose some next year and this year for that matter.

Stereotypes are just easier to throw out than any sort of considered thought Brain.

Ok guys, this is the rumoured signings thread. If you want to argue over salary cap issues start a thread in fight club. I will start deleting any more rubbish about salary cap rorts in here. Take it elsewhere.

The Brain

Juniors
We also lost more players than any other club over the years, but please enlighten us with your theory?
I would love to but will not put my self in a position to be sued.
Also turn the clock back 5-6 years -wasnt Lockyer and Webcke on the verge of leaving the Bronco's?do you know why?

Serc

First Grade
Is that a strong rumour you're hearing? Or just the fact that Onslow said he's been chatted about in todays Newcastle Herald?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts